• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX end of production

Well, I don't know if you guys heard about it, but I just saw an article here....it is german...... they say in June 2005 the NSX will be last production month.

http://www.gmx.net/de/themen/motor/technik/fahrberichte/938618,cc=000000159100009386181nBvSl.html

Auslaufmodell mit Kultstatus
Große Stückzahlen hat er nie erreicht, aber viele Fans: der Honda NSX, Nippons einziger Supersportler. Im Juni endet die Produktion.

© autobild
"Ich weiß nicht, ob ich Ihnen wirklich helfen kann, aber ich glaube, dass sich das Auto etwas durchbiegt", sagte Formel-1-Legende Ayrton Senna den Honda-Testingenieuren nach seiner ersten Ausfahrt mit einem NSX-Prototypen.

Damit spielte er auf die Probleme mit der Aluminiumkarosserie an, die mit einer nochmaligen Überarbeitung der Konstruktion und ausgiebigen Testfahrten auf der Nordschleife in den Griff bekam. 1989 erblickte der NSX nach fünfjähriger Entwicklungszeit das Licht der Welt - der erste japanische Supersportler, der in Phalanx der europäischen Hersteller einbrechen sollte, war geboren.

Bildergalerie
Im Juni ist Schluss - der Honda NSX
Nippons einziger Supersportler in Bildern. mehr
Der NSX hatte ein heißes Herz: Aus drei Litern Hubraum holte der V6-Alu-Mittelmotor dank der neu entwickelten variablen Ventilsteuerung VTEC 274 PS bei 7300/min. In diesen Drehzahlbereich waren bis dahin nur Motorräder vorgedrungen. Dank des niedrigen Gewichts spurtete der Nippon-Sportler in 5,9 Sekunden auf Tempo 100 und erreichte 270 km/h Spitze. Dabei blieb der Wagen gutmütig wie ein Civic. 1997 bekam der Motor des handgeschalteten NSX 200 cm³ mehr Hubraum und sechs PS mehr Leistung. Bei der Automatik-Version mit 255 PS blieb alles beim alten.

Erst 2002 wurde der NSX zum ersten und letzten Mal geliftet. Front und Heckschürze bekamen ein neues Design, die Klappscheinwerfer wurden durch Leuchten aus Klarglas ersetzt. Nach fast 15 Jahren Bauzeit wird der NSX nun im Juni 2005 eingestellt, einen Nachfolger gibt es nicht. Von den insgesamt 18.800 gebauten Fahrzeugen schafften es nur 338 nach Deutschland. Damit bleibt das NSX-Gebrauchtwagenangebot überschaubar.

My Mac has a translation feature. Granted it does a poor job and some of this makes no sense, but here is anyway.

It never achieved large numbers of items, but many fans: the Honda
NSX, Nippons of only supersportsmen. In June production ends. Honda ©
autopicture increasing (symbol)

"I do not know whether I can really help you, but I believe
that the auto bends, said somewhat" Formel-1-Legende Ayrton Senna the
hone since test engineers after its first exit with NSX prototypes.

Thus it alluded to the problems with the aluminum body, which got with
a repeated revision of the construction and extensive test travels on
the north loop into the grasp. 1989 saw the NSX after five-year
development time the light of the world - the first Japanese
supersportsman, who should break in in Phalanx of the European
manufacturers, was born. Picture gallery Honda in June is conclusion -
the Honda NSX

Nippons of only supersportsmen in pictures more

The NSX had a hot heart: From three litres capacity got the
V6-Alu-Mittelmotor owing to the again developed variable valve gear
VTEC 274 HP with 7300/min. Into this speed range up to then only
motorcycles had penetrated. Owing to the low weight the
sipping on sportsman spurtete in 5.9 seconds on speed 100 and
achieved 270 km/h point. The car remained good-natured like a Civic.
1997 got the engine of the handswitched NSX 200 cm³ more capacity and
six HP more performance. With the automatic version with 255 HP
everything remained with the old.

Only 2002 were geliftet the NSX to the first and last mark. Front and
tail apron got a new Design, which became folding headlights replaced
by lights from klarglas. After almost 15 years construction period the
NSX now in June 2005 is stopped, a successor gives it not. From
altogether 18,800 built vehicles it only 338 created that to Germany.
Thus the NSX Gebrauchtwagenangebot remains visible.

Your Mac translation was good enough to get the point across. It's about time Honda stops producing the NSX. It was getting sad to me watching a one-time masterpiece never evolve into what it could/should have. Hopefully they will replace it with something a bit more competitive......but the question I put forth to everyone here is......

WHAT IS EVERYONE'S OPINION ON WHAT THE END OF PRODUCTION OF THE NSX IS GOING TO DO TO THE VALUE OF OUR CARS?????

NSXDreamer2 said:
:mad: now I'm seriously, seriously worrying about our buddy (Ryan) whose dealership promise to give him a 05 in summer...
Yes, Thats the first thing I thought about.

Bastards can't discontinue it yet. I want my 02+ special order coupe!

I have a 2005 red/black being built at the end of august due to arrive in early sept so I think this is B.S :wink:

Thank God if this is true. I think the King of the Hill of 90's deserves a place in the Hall of Fame. I think they should have retired the car in 1999 already.
Steve

nah, just keep building them and let the dealers sit on them for months :biggrin:

NSXDreamer2 said:
:mad: now I'm seriously, seriously worrying about our buddy (Ryan) whose dealership promise to give him a 05 in summer...

It would be even "cooler" if he got THE LAST NSX EVER BUILT!!!!... :eek:

MIke

This is credible.

As some of you are aware the changes to the side impact regulations make a 2006 NSX very unlikely.

u00mem91 said:
As some of you are aware the changes to the side impact regulations make a 2006 NSX very unlikely.
If that's true, the government is well on the way to protecting us all right out of our hobby, dream, adrenalin rush....:mad:

whiteNSXs said:
Thank God if this is true. I think the King of the Hill of 90's deserves a place in the Hall of Fame. I think they should have retired the car in 1999 already.
Steve

Totally agree with you Steve. I've been pondering for the last 7 years how I'd feel if Honda were to discontinue the NSX line.

Today, I'd be perfectly OK if they exit the exotic market and continue to build volume production cars. That way, they'll remain classics and not be compared to all the current exotics in the market every year that it is in production.

If price starts to go up, yippee! If it doesn't, at least I know that I have a great car in my garage that I can enjoy for many years to come. Of course some people would rather trade it in for something newer. That's ok by me.

White94 said:
Bastards can't discontinue it yet. I want my 02+ special order coupe!
I wish! The only way to have a 2002 Coupe...is to make it yourself. Not easy, but possible :biggrin:

BTW, see in thread #18 quoted from Procar:

I meet the german Honda Motorsport manager, Mr. Conen.
I got this last informations:

End of 2005, Honda will stop to produce the NSX, he told me that its a fact.
From the sport-auto magazine manager, I got the same information. (Horst von Saurma)
In 2007, the HRC will come with some modifications.
New fact is that the 280 HP agreement in japan dont exist for longer time.

If this the truth then I would be incredibly disappointed in Honda and their lack ambition. Provided there isn't a suitable replacement, Honda has really missed the mark.

Go figure, Chevy produces a 500hp wonder track car (vette) and Honda can't even gum up enough testicular fortitude to make a better NSX.

I can see it now...

"Honda - The Power of Empty Dreams"

NSXDreamer2 said:

They promised him an NSX built in July. It's not their fault the plant shuts down.
If they can't build Ryan a car in June then something is rotten.

I hope the article is wrong.

I like the fact that the NSX is still in production. I know that spares aren't a problem!

I hope the NSX production is not stopped until it's rightfull successor is in production and not just a design study!

if this is ture.. what does this mean for our NSX Value?? up or down??
---sad---

But if this means that Honda to start production with HSC and with 500hp/ Woo Hoo!!!
Better yet stick an F1 950hp motor on the last 100 NSX as a farewell :biggrin:

amgnsx said:
if this is ture.. what does this mean for our NSX Value?? up or down??

As Ken said above, basically nothing.

In the general population, most people don't even know what an NSX is. Of the relatively small number of people who even know what an NSX is, many believe it stopped production years ago. The people who know the NSX is still in production are either not interested or already enthusiasts, and probably not significant enough to have a huge impact on price if they have NSX panic and start buying them.

It makes me want to go lease one . . .

Why don't they sell a last edition with nice rims, droping, exhaust?

Back