• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX end of production

Just read about this on a Dutch car-site.

In June, the last NSX will be built.
Over a periode of 14 years, a total of 18800 NSX's have been built is is mentioned in the article.

Well- look on the brightside, with the NSX retired, Honda is free to focus on all of these exciting new offerings like the Hybrid's and Ridgeline. So much potential- and no Tein's for them yet.
nonod.gif

brahtw8 said:
Of the relatively small number of people who even know what an NSX is, many believe it stopped production years ago.

That's true, almost every person that asks me about mine says 'they stopped making those, right?'

MvM said:
Just read about this on a Dutch car-site.

In June, the last NSX will be built.
Over a periode of 14 years, a total of 18800 NSX's have been built is is mentioned in the article.

As Ive stated earlier, we have a red/blk being built at the end of august so this is B.S :tongue:

Seems like there are some people (the one's starting these rumors) out there that want to see the NSX discontinued. Personally, I hope the NSX never gets discontinued, only redesigned from time to time with more power and new improvements.

NSX-Tuner said:
Seems like there are some people (the one's starting these rumors) out there that want to see the NSX discontinued. Personally, I hope the NSX never gets discontinued, only redesigned from time to time with more power and new improvements.
ditto

Last edited:
i just hope they dont discontinue the nsx.
i do agree with goldNSX if they will stop makeing it they should make a last edition.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
As Ive stated earlier, we have a red/blk being built at the end of august so this is B.S :tongue:

I'm praying you're right. We've got about thousands in NSX-R parts enroute or waiting here; would hate to have to put white wheels on a yellow car! :eek:

I've got a call into my dealer to see what the deal is as well.

Ryan

I just spoke to a local Dealer. He too has a car scheduled for Sept delivery. He sais Honda tells them nothing and remembers he was last to hear anything when they redesigned in 2002.Remarked that if Honda was too stop production he would find out from his customers before he would from Honda.

RyanITV said:
would hate to have to put white wheels on a yellow car

Aww, come on, yellow and white don't look that bad.

EB43H-43353-2.jpg

FWIW, these Ebbro models are awesome. After '05, maybe the only way to get a new NSX. Hope not.

Just got this reply after sending an email to the dealer about the rumor:

"I have heard the rumors about the discontinuation but…. while typing this, Acura national called and indicated they have build scheduled currently through December and that is as far as they have scheduled for any model. No indication if it is 05 or 06."

Ryan

Or, maybe the NSX will continue in production.. I cant wait! Other manufacturers will have nearly double the HP in their sportscars, and in 2012 the facelift NSX will have newer bumpers and square amber signals in their tail lights -- awesome, I cant wait! All for just 180,000 dollars.

i think it's time to retire this generation of nsx - the competitive market is delivering on another level of appeal than the current nsx generates.

if they don't have a new model ready for market when it is retired, think of the great press it will generate when they "bring back" the nsx.

as for me, it has zero bearing on how i feel about the nsx i have now - it's a great car for what it is: wonderful (untimely to me) looks, moderate power and honda reliability.

be well, all.

queenlives said:
i think it's time to retire this generation of nsx - the competitive market is delivering on another level of appeal than the current nsx generates.

if they don't have a new model ready for market when it is retired, think of the great press it will generate when they "bring back" the nsx.

as for me, it has zero bearing on how i feel about the nsx i have now - it's a great car for what it is: wonderful (untimely to me) looks, moderate power and honda reliability.

be well, all.

I pretty much agree... but I hope if the current generation of the NSX is retired, that Honda/Acura would immediately follow up with the next generation NSX.

To me this would make the current generation of the NSX a perfect car:
1) CT: SC, intake, headers, exhaust
2) Better sound system

For a next generation NSX, this is what I hope Honda/Acura offer:

Three Models offered:

Standard:
1) 3.5L motor (still 8K redline)
2) 400 crank HP with lots more torque
3) Better sound system
4) Nav option with hands-free phone

Performance Upgrade:
1) CTSC that makes 500 crank HP with a boat load of torque
2) 4-wheel BBK (cross-drilled)
3) Wider rims/tires
4) Suspension upgrade

Engine Upgrade:
1) 4.0L V8 DOHC (7500 redline)
2) CTSC that makes 575 crank HP with even more torque
3) Include all the other brake, wheel and suspension upgrades offered on the 2nd model.

I know that similar types of wish-lists have been posted many times before, but you can't blame me for wanting to be a "Glass is half full" kind of guy... :D

NSX-Tuner said:
I pretty much agree... but I hope if the current generation of the NSX is retired, that Honda/Acura would immediately follow up with the next generation NSX.

To me this would make the current generation of the NSX a perfect car:
1) CT: SC, intake, headers, exhaust
2) Better sound system

For a next generation NSX, this is what I hope Honda/Acura offer:

Three Models offered:

Standard:
1) 3.5L motor (still 8K redline)
2) 400 crank HP with lots more torque
3) Better sound system
4) Nav option with hands-free phone

Performance Upgrade:
1) CTSC that makes 500 crank HP with a boat load of torque
2) 4-wheel BBK (cross-drilled)
3) Wider rims/tires
4) Suspension upgrade

Engine Upgrade:
1) 4.0L V8 DOHC (7500 redline)
2) CTSC that makes 575 crank HP with even more torque
3) Include all the other brake, wheel and suspension upgrades offered on the 2nd model.

I know that similar types of wish-lists have been posted many times before, but you can't blame me for wanting to be a "Glass is half full" kind of guy... :D

Is it just me, or do most enthusiast 'wish lists' for the next NSX seem to read more like a spec sheet for a Chevy Corvette ? :tongue:

Last edited:
NSX-Tuner said:
But in a much more refined package... :D

and doesnt suck in terms of usdm build quality...

the requirements which people want are basically the upgrades that most nsx owners do, anyway.

Honda

whiteNSXs said:
I think the King of the Hill of 90's deserves a place in the Hall of Fame. I think they should have retired the car in 1999 already.
queenlives said:
I think I understand the points both of you make. In fact, I have met a number of other NSX enthusiasts also believe the NSX should have been axed while it was still somewhat close to the top.

Replacing the NSX with a new version is one thing; however, I don’t see how killing off a model without offering a replacement serves the interest of potential buyers. It may not make economic sense for Honda to continue production, but as a buyer, I would rather have the option of spending $90K on a sub-300HP car with a 15-year old design than not having this option at all.

Even though its has not advanced at the rate of other cars, I also don’t see how the availability of a 2005 (or for all we know, 2010) NSX makes the early NSX less qualified for “a place in the Hall of Fame.”
Why don't they sell a last edition with nice rims, droping, exhaust?
No thanks. This is not Honda’s style, nor should it be.

I think it's highly unlikely that Honda will offer upgrade packages like the ones suggested. Primarily because it involves developing 3 distinct engines, suspensions and braking packages. They won't bolt on a SC like we do, they'll completely rework the package for FI - which isn't the Honda way to begin with. I could see a larger displacement V6 3.5-3.8l running 400hp. I doubt they'll develop a small displacement V8 for just the NSX. Remember it's a small volume niche car, no parts sharing here.

RyanITV said:
Just got this reply after sending an email to the dealer about the rumor:

"I have heard the rumors about the discontinuation but…. while typing this, Acura national called and indicated they have build scheduled currently through December and that is as far as they have scheduled for any model. No indication if it is 05 or 06."

Ryan

They can build cars until the end of December and still call them 05s or they can call them 06s anytime after January 1/05.
Some BMWs built in 96 had the VIN removed after the car was built and replaced with a 97 VIN.
So it's possible your July build will be an 05. If Acura is going to keep the NSX, I hope they do, your July built car could be badged an 06. I believe the model year switch is around that time of year.

Tony Montoya said:
So it's possible your July build will be an 05. If Acura is going to keep the NSX, I hope they do, your July built car could be badged an 06. I believe the model year switch is around that time of year.
I don't think that's right. The model year change for Honda (and the NSX too) is always (at least here in Europe) around the real year's end. I remember that I ordered my '98 model in late fall of '97, it came in march '98 and had the VIN No. 0004 which indicates one of the first cars of this model year IMO.

Re: Honda

Ojas said:
Even though its has not advanced at the rate of other cars, I also don’t see how the availability of a 2005 (or for all we know, 2010) NSX makes the early NSX less qualified for “a place in the Hall of Fame.”
Because if you drag a car on without improving it and still market it as your flagship, it will gather more and more negative criticisms and impressions. Very soon more people, especially people never had the chance to experience the status of the NSX in its most glorious days, will only laugh when the 2010 NSX screaming down the street with its 290hp engine and $130k price tag. Now, that would be a Hall of Shame material.
People always measure one's quality with one's peer. In the next 10 years of NSX production, people will forget how butt-kicking the car was. I wrote something silmilar a few months ago.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=342874&postcount=8
Steve

Back