• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Engine # C30A 1002628

Can anyone help me identify what year this engine is from? Apparently this is an engine from an NSX from Japan that is for sale. My NSX currently has 135K miles and I am considering replacing the engine or rebuilding it shortly.

Appreciate any any info when can give me.

Thanks!

Chris
91 NSX Black

This is from a '91 five-speed. You can't necessarily tell the year based on the engine number, but this was the 2628th 3.0-liter engine made, and more cars were made in '91 than that.

Hi Ken --

I'm interested, how could you tell it was a 5-spd?

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://www.NSXClassifieds.com - free NSX classifieds site!

Good point. Come to think of it, I'm not sure you can. Aren't both engines (the 270 hp five-speed and the 252 hp automatic) considered the C30A?

Originally posted by Chief:
Can anyone help me identify what year this engine is from? Apparently this is an engine from an NSX from Japan that is for sale. My NSX currently has 135K miles and I am considering replacing the engine or rebuilding it shortly.

Appreciate any any info when can give me.

Thanks!

Chris
91 NSX Black

Chief,

I was wondering if you could provide us some feedback on why you're considering replacing or rebuilding your engine? What kinds of problems have you encountered with your X at such a high mileage?

You cannot tell for the pre '97 cars by the engine number alone. After '97 it's easy because all 6-speeds are 3.2 and all autos are 3.0.

However if you know what car the engine came from, you can tell by decoding the VIN.

Why do you believe it is from an NSX in Japan?

I believe that engine is out of US NSX #2518 which was a manual transmission car. If it is actually from a JDM car then my information is incorrect.

Back