• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

nsx for sale on Prime for 7 years

He's got over 55,000 looks over the years, but not one "buyer". My NSX isn't for sale, but if you want to buy it for $70,000, you could twist my arm!!!!

funny you said that, my friend saw the ad at 70k and i told him that's about 5k too much ;)

Will raise my asking next month :). Original seller ad was "ON SALE" and my is for sale. If you think abt it asking price is nothing but asking.... market will eventually dictate selling dollar. Car is worth as much as the last guy paid and as much as next guy willing to pay. Anything else in between is nothing but a market value. You don't come across one owner unmolested garage queen everyday and i think they will only go up in value. Like Tabasco say " more rare by the day" :biggrin:. C'mon guys, how often do you come across a one owner low miles all original NSX with all maintenance up to date include timing belt done within last few months?

It cracks me up that we're still discussing Tobasco's car.

It is mega clean, rare, low miles.

If that's his price, that's his price. End of story.

Will raise my asking next month :).

I've been waiting to see what yours goes for since it was listed by a Prime member here for 4 months and no bites at the 65k OBO until you picked it up and then relisted it less than a week later for $5k more. It's tough to gauge market values when an owner sale doesn't work out for 4 months and then a dealer/member on Prime picks it up and tries to flip it within a week for more money. Just as with Tabasco's being "for sale" for 8 years with no takers, I am curious as to how you make out when there were no buyers for your car the week before at a pricepoint of several thousand dollars cheaper.

By his own admission, he has already turned down respectful offers at asking price. Apparently he wasn't ready to let it go. Listing your car for sale at is one thing, but turning down asking price offers...I can't imagine that would make you very popular with serious buyers. If I were the buyer, I would think the seller is either playing games, or isn't really serious about selling.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1368094#post1368094

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1369705#post1369705

Just a little look back into history to show that the seller doesn't appear serious since allegedly he had an offer of his asking price and he didn't sell it........

Just a little look back into history to show that the seller doesn't appear serious since allegedly he had an offer of his asking price and he didn't sell it........

Wow, really? Ok that's just nuts then. What's the point of the ad? Refusing to take money for your ASKING price truly shows you have no intention to sell. So all the arguments of "it's your car you can ask what you want" and all the arguments of value, etc. are nothing but a moot point.

Maybe this is why most places charge MONEY for you to run your ad.

Timing is the key. X-mas and tax season is not the best time to sell Sports cars (IMO). I have always price my inventory based on average current mkt asking price on autotrader ,cars.com,C/L etc... And will let the market dictate final sale price. I actually had my car sold at full price last week, deal fell through b/c of high insurance. Have three solid strong offers on the table but waiting for the right deal. Expecting to move this fine example by end of the month at or close to full asking price.

Its hard to believe with our dysfunctional government, but things are doing a bit better. Housing is getting stronger every month, the Dow Jones Industrials have been hitting new highs (the "Bernake Bubble seems to be working...) making 401k balances inflate, and people are feeling a bit "healthier" with their $$. So maybe he thinks it's value has improved since last month (or last 8 years...) I don't know Tobasco and what his thinking is, but don't mind seeing him raise his price with the monthly bump - gotta admit its a great looking NSX and gives us all a chance to take another peek! Jay

I've seen this ad for years, and I love the discussion. RSO is right. It will never sell. It's kind of like S4Play's NSX on autotrader for $87k, or his S2000 on s2ki for over $50k. I think he just likes the attention, even though most of the attention is ridicule. Go figure.

Du Sportscars, you've been outdone by a recent for sale ad here on Prime. It's the 2000 red/black painted with Ferrari paint and stripes, only 88xx miles asking $70k. I could have purchased this car a few weeks ago for $45k. I thought it was just a red NSX with painted on stripes, but now I see that the entire car was painted (engine bay is black). $45k is still a good deal. $70k? Laughable.

I guess people will try to make a buck any way they can. But there's just got to be a better way than trying to rip off your fellow Primer... Some food for thought Du Sportscars.

Last edited:
strange, i could have sworn he has stated he's had offers to buy his car for 90-100 on the forum.

It's kind of like S4Play's NSX on autotrader for $87k, or his S2000 on s2ki for over $50k. I think he just likes the attention, even though most of the attention is ridicule. Go figure.

oh man...where is that pic of the guy saying" not this sh&t again":rolleyes:

What gets me is the mileage. It says this in post 12 of his FS thread.

Back on market. 12,500 miles as of Jan 29, 2011

Then post 17 from February 2012 says:

2012 Spring Bump 12,400 miles PERFECT All maintenance (TB/WP)

Finally post 21 from September 2012 says:

Asking for a bump to the top, please. Price still $65K. Miles: 12390

So what he is saying is that in the 20 months between January 2011 and September 2012 he drove the car in reverse for 110 miles. It just seems a bit odd that someone that meticulous would round the odometer readings like that.

I've seen this ad for years, and I love the discussion. RSO is right. It will never sell. It's kind of like S4Play's NSX on autotrader for $87k, or his S2000 on s2ki for over $50k. I think he just likes the attention, even though most of the attention is ridicule. Go figure.

Du Sportscars, you've been outdone by a recent for sale ad here on Prime. It's the 2000 red/black painted with Ferrari paint and stripes, only 88xx miles asking $70k. I could have purchased this car a few weeks ago for $45k. I thought it was just a red NSX with painted on stripes, but now I see that the entire car was painted (engine bay is black). $45k is still a good deal. $70k? Laughable.

I guess people will try to make a buck any way they can. But there's just got to be a better way than trying to rip off your fellow Primer... Some food for thought Du Sportscars.

I don't think anyone here is ripping anyone off or trying to rip off a member. [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Original seller advertised it for $XYZ and he got what he wanted so he's happy right? For some crazy reason some people think it is wrong for a seller (dealer or private) to make a "profit" selling a car. Any car value is set by willing seller and buyers. If i find a willing buyer @ $xxx then once again both parties get what they want. No one here is forcing anyone to buy or sell. Keep in mind a dealer need to make profit to support his overhead. Not all deals are profitable! I have sold cars and end up on the loosing end. Example how about a dealer/private buyer buy a NSX with intention to flip or resell and on his way home timing belt snaps??? [/FONT]

I just find the things you say to be disingenious, e.g. "I'd buy Tabasco's car," or "His asking price is fair."

You wouldn't pay his asking price. You're only saying that the price is fair because you're attempting to sell something for even more, not because you'd ever pay this "fair" price. I'd have more respect for you if you said, "I'd buy it if it were for sale for $10k less, and then flip it."

Personally I applaud him Tabasco for sticking to his price, though a majority of us think it's a bit extreme. Sold my 1 of 3 2001 Monaco Blue NSX-T Manual with 28,000 miles back in 2007 for $53,500. While I love my 94 Brooklands Green Coupe, not a day goes by I don't miss my Monaco Blue. Had I posted it firm at $65k I wouldn't miss it right now, it'd still be in the garage! :biggrin:

Last edited:
I just find the things you say to be disingenious, e.g. "I'd buy Tabasco's car," or "His asking price is fair."

You wouldn't pay his asking price. You're only saying that the price is fair because you're attempting to sell something for even more, not because you'd ever pay this "fair" price. I'd have more respect for you if you said, "I'd buy it if it were for sale for $10k less, and then flip it."

not sure what else to add, mike :thumbup:

What gets me is the mileage. It says this in post 12 of his FS thread.

Then post 17 from February 2012 says:

Finally post 21 from September 2012 says:

So what he is saying is that in the 20 months between January 2011 and September 2012 he drove the car in reverse for 110 miles. It just seems a bit odd that someone that meticulous would round the odometer readings like that.

You sir have made my day, thank you. I literally imagined the car being driven in reverse and the mileage rolling backwards!

Personally I applaud him Tabasco for sticking to his price

It's not exactly that.... if I say I want 150K for my NSX, and you say OK, here is 150K, and I say "nah.... I don't think I will sell it to you", that's not "sticking to my price".

By Tabasco's own admission, he has had "viable" buyers at HIS ASKING PRICE. He still didn't sell it. So explain that.

Last edited:

I am sorry i should hv made it clear. If i was a normal joe and not a "dealer",buying a NSX to keep and not for resell-yes i would jump on Tabasco car all day long. Me as a dealer would not consider $70 (cnt make coins out of this buy figure).

- - - Updated - - -

pvmike. Forget what i paid,doesn't matter if it was $10, $10,000,$30,000 or $100,000. If my asking $ is off the wall it wont sell for sure and eventually will adjust my asking price. Would be grateful if you would be kind enough and help me out to determine 2002-2004 market value based on autotrader,cars.com and prime. Am i right or am i mistaken an 2002 orange in va sold in VA not long ago for or around $59k w/57k miles?? There are so many 02-05 on autotrader listed anywhere from $60k-$87k and most or all have defer maintenance,need tires etc. I recently put brand new tires on her a few days ago and previous owner did all preventive service on this fine example. Is my asking price that far off- help me out here. Thanks

Back