• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX halloween costume.......

So I have done a few partial plasti-dips of my car before racing or long driving events in the past and wanted to go all the way and do a full coverage. So I decided to merge this idea with a charity event I organized for the weekend after NSXPO. This idea evolved even further and I decided to run a few experiments with plasi-dip. The result will probably have some mixed reviews, but I figured I would introduce it and get some of the flaming out of the way before NSXPO...... but because it's plasti-dip.... it's all reversible!

Here we go......

IMG_4770.jpg
IMG_4783.jpg
IMG_4762.jpg
IMG_4763.jpg
IMG_4764.jpg
IMG_4765.jpg
IMG_4766.jpg

Flaming...No way! That is very cool, nice job! Plasti-Dip is awesome.

IMO, about the only way to use Plasti-Dip.

I'd love if I knew an awesome "graffiti" artist to do this to my car, and then be able to just change it all back when I thought it became old.

hey now.... stop trying to compete with me for goofiest nsx at xpo.......btw very talented artist!

Doc there is a lot of pretty random goofy stuff on the car for sure! I had a few people help out with the drawing and they ended up putting some pretty random stuff on there. The rest was all me. Many many hours in the garage after work and on the weekends. It was a good experiment though. Learned a lot for future plasti dip projects.

Ok I will be the first person to go after this guy. Thank goodness this isnt a real paint job. I will admit tho that must of been a bitch to do. Loooots of work.

Yeah this was a fun and stressful project, but I would NEVER do this permanently to my NSX especially with it's near perfect factory finish! Some day I would like to buy a totaled one or salvaged and re-build it into a custom monster with drive train work and a fancy looking body and paint job, but I take pride in the fact that I can return my NSX to its factory condition in a few hours with the exception of my painted 94 wheels. I've stocked up on all the modified parts that are on there and have held onto all of the originals.

-Alec

seeing up close, very clever ramblings on this car.....

Back