• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Hat?

Forums Nazi,
Do you ever contribute, or do you just remind people that they should have looked something up before posting? Doesn't it get old?? Do you have an NSX????

Forums Nazi said:

You should just make this site into a search engine, therfore eliminating one of the best things here which is interaction amongst the members. Soon all the questions about our cars will be asked so go directly to the FAQs rediculous..........

kgb_agent said:
Forums Nazi,
Do you ever contribute, or do you just remind people that they should have looked something up before posting?

KGB,

Look again. Forums Nazi didn't just "remind people that they should have looked something up"; he also provided the links to the previous threads about the hats. So he was actually providing useful information, and not just complaining. Unlike your post, which was only a complaint.

The Forums Nazi has been on this forum for a long time, and has provided us with lots of laughs as well as useful links, as recognized here.

People seem to be in a crabby mood today. Just because it's Monday, doesn't mean anyone has to be crabby. Let's all lighten up. Maybe re-read Bob's post...

no problem gfinger007. Just don't do it again ;)

Seriously, it was not directed to you. What I'm implying is Forum Nazi is doing a good deed. Sometimes I can't find certain things and have to put the same question again. At this time I would appreciate if forum Nazi pops up.

Nsxtasy, I will meet you halfway.

Yes, I will admit my post was nothing more than a complaint. And I admit that that was a crabby post.

But you should admit that Forums Nazi has a history of pouncing on people if they ask a repeat question. And his tone comes across as condescending ("If you had done a search first..."). Yes, the links he provided are helpful, but the manner in which he (routinely) goes about it seems to be snotty to say the least.

And you should also admit that you have something to say on just about every topic and it's nearly ALWAYS trying to correct someone or one-up them with your knowledge (or opinions). After a while this comes off as argumenative, abrasive, and tiresome. Deleted posts and suspensions aside, this has been evidenced by many searches I have done researching various topics on 'Prime. We know you know NSX's and you're the walking encyclopedia of the NSXPO. Just lighten up and let others have a turn sometimes.

I have to agree. Not only are many people new to having an NSX, but they are also new to the forums and are not likely aware of how to use the FAQ function. I myself once asked a question about wax and was pelted with nasty comments.

I've owned several NSXs and was new to the fourm. I just wanted to ask a simple question.

I've even had some idiots question my spelling on this forum!! Come on folks, what is the purpose of this? Don't we want to communicate regarding our vehicles and share with each other?

Why not leave the nasty stuff behind.

Doug

All this for a hat.........wow, I guess I will be hunted down and killed if I ask if anyone knows how good the Korean HID kits are :D

kgb_agent said:
And you should also admit that you have something to say on just about every topic and it's nearly ALWAYS trying to correct someone or one-up them with your knowledge (or opinions). After a while this comes off as argumenative, abrasive, and tiresome. Deleted posts and suspensions aside, this has been evidenced by many searches I have done researching various topics on 'Prime. We know you know NSX's and you're the walking encyclopedia of the NSXPO. Just lighten up and let others have a turn sometimes.
KGB,

I am here to help others - and to share information - and to have a good time. Just like Dtrigg is suggesting.

Here are some of the things I have posted about, just in the past few hours:

- Shared information on a clutch grinding problem here

- Advised StevenLee on his upcoming trip here (as well as in private mail)

- Clarified why the NSX torque curve is flat and clarified horsepower ratings here (and treated the new guy as well as I would have wanted to be treated my first time on a forum, when asking about things that most others understood)

- Gave a source for shopping for NSXs in Canada here

- Provided a link to a product being sought here

and on and on.

Could anyone else have provided any of these answers? It's unlikely in some cases, but possible - as long as others who knew the answers were willing to share it and spend a lot of time writing explanations to help other people. But often, the few people who know an answer aren't willing to take the time to present it. And it also helps when people can get an answer quickly, particularly when they're facing a mechanical problem or a car-search issue.

As I see it, all of these posts are helpful, as are most of my 10K+ posts. They provide information that answer people's questions. They are not argumentative, abrasive, or tiresome. Read them. THEY HELP PEOPLE. Just like Dtrigg suggests, that's what this forum is all about - helping people.

You seem to be resentful when anyone (not just me) provides helpful information. Perhaps you are just having a bad day...? Take your own advice - lighten up, and relax. There is no "glory" in posting a lot on NSXprime, and I don't get paid for my posts (I wish I did!). So there is no need for you to get upset or angry or resentful with how frequently anyone else posts, or worry about who provides helpful advice. When helpful advice is given, it's all good! And we all benefit.

I love this stuff!
I think you can get a NSX style hat from the NSXCA, check out their site.
I like the NAZI!

My point exactly JADKAR. Can a lot of you folks take a break and give some people some sound advice rather than busting their chops?

I've noticed lately that the number of posts are declining. While I certainly don't have figures, I see the same questions remain on the board for an extended amount of time and the number of responces do not increase as such.

Would love to have an insight into our traffic patterns, user opinions, ease of use, etc., as to how we could improve communications. Look, I am not a web guy, but if our objective is to improve communications among NSX owners, how can we best do this?

I like many, am tired of rude comments. Are we going to work together or not?

I have e-mailed various previous members and they have just dumped the board because of the reply they have received.

Not bitching, just trying to improve.

Doug

I know you guys must be aware that the Nazi is a takeoff of a Seinfeld character that was funny because of his serious manner in a soup kitchen of all places.
Here on Prime it is meant to be a help as it always gives you a good direction to find what you need. I see the Forums Nazi as a asset never as offensive or meant to be as such. Did you try the links he suggested? Really I can't see where the post implied or asserted anything that was directed as a admonishment.

Dtrigg said:
Would love to have an insight into our traffic patterns, user opinions, ease of use, etc., as to how we could improve communications. Look, I am not a web guy, but if our objective is to improve communications among NSX owners, how can we best do this?

I like many, am tired of rude comments. Are we going to work together or not?

I have e-mailed various previous members and they have just dumped the board because of the reply they have received.

Not bitching, just trying to improve.

Doug
Excellent thoughts, Doug.

Please note that one of the NSXprime forums is called "NSXprime Website News and Discussion". That forum is the perfect place to discuss any ideas for improvements on the site; in fact, that's what it's there for. And it's not just for technical improvements, either. If you are tired of rude comments, that's the place to raise the issue. As well as to present any specific suggestions that you or others might have regarding what to do about it.

Let's all work together to make the best site on the web even better!

Hey, what's this FAQ I keep hearing about?.....

:D :D :D

I appreciate guys like nsxtasy, soichiro, and larry bastanza sharing their knowledge. Imagine what this site would be WITHOUT them.

kgb, i don't find nsxtasy argumenative, abrasive, or tiresome. Don't take this the wrong way, but i think you are reading too far into his comments and taking it personal when someone corrects you. Alot of these members have a wealth of knowledge and are willing to share it for free.. you gotta see the value in that.

As far as the forum Nazi, if you ever seen the Seinfeld episode you should understand the humor. It's a joke and is meant to direct people to try and search the forums prior to posting. Some topics have been covered over and over.

Back