• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX - Historic Pictures & Videos

I like how they included the weights of the Titanium shift knob and Aluminum mesh intake covers to get to an even 149 lbs, lol.

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'}p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; min-height: 14.0px}</style>The revised NSX-R managed to win Evo Magazine's Car of the Year in 2002, with the following overall standings:

1. Honda NSX-R
2. Porsche 911 Carrera 4S (996.2)
3. Ferrari 575M Maranello
4. Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG
5. Lotus Elise 111S (S2)
6. Mini Cooper S (R53)
7. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII FQ-300
8. Nissan 350Z
9. Renaultsport Clio II (172 Cup)
10. Jaguar XKR-R (X100)
11. Subaru Impreza STi PPP (GDB)
12. Ford Focus RS (MK 1)

honda_nsx-r_72.jpeg

car_photo_349177.jpg

car_photo_349174.jpg

Last edited:
Great thread! Thanks for putting together all of this historical information.

^ That was EVO magazine's attempt at persuading Honda Japan to allow Honda UK to import the NSX-R officially.

Can you expand? I know that there was talk of the NSX-R officially coming to the UK in a limited run, but I wasn't aware the Evo made any effort to make it happen beyond them simply liking the car and rating it highly in this test.

^ Sorry, missed the wink emoji from the end of my post.

From what I remember, Honda UK were keen to get the NSX-R, so they assisted in the persuading Honda Japan to make the R available for car magazine such as EVO, as this helped their case for the car to be available to UK buyers. In the end, despite being voted eCOTY for 2002, Honda Japan kept the NSX-R as Japan-only.

^ Sorry, missed the wink emoji from the end of my post.

From what I remember, Honda UK were keen to get the NSX-R, so they assisted in the persuading Honda Japan to make the R available for car magazine such as EVO, as this helped their case for the car to be available to UK buyers. In the end, despite being voted eCOTY for 2002, Honda Japan kept the NSX-R as Japan-only.

Makes sense, thanks for sharing!

FWIW Window sticker from my 1994:

P1010451.jpg

^ Very cool, that MSRP translates to about $131k in today's dollars.

For comparison, a Porsche 911 Carrera 2 at the time cost just under $65k, or $113k in today's dollars. The Carrera 4 (all-wheel drive) was similarly priced to the NSX.

Another comparison, the 2020 Acura NSX base price is at $157,500, and the 2020 Porsche 911 base price is $97,400.

Last edited:
Here's the letter I received from Acura after purchase of #17 Zanardi

Scan.jpeg

IMG_0428.jpg

Last edited:
2005 GP White with white/black interior.

As configured this car was 1 of 2 from a total of 9 GP whites for the final year of generation 1 cars

5151d127-e9f6-403c-bbce-e5fb13db7b43.jpg

DSCN3138.jpg

Last edited:
Here's the letter I received from Acura after purchase of #17 Zanardi

Amazing! I had never seen that letter before. Thanks for sharing. Do you regret selling the Zanardi?

Amazing! I had never seen that letter before. Thanks for sharing. Do you regret selling the Zanardi?

You're welcome

Yes - Actually I miss them all......

Back