• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx hurt

Hey fellow nsxers,

Well, today was a bad day. As I was pulling out of my driveway, I hit into an old lady and her 1992 Mercury Grand Marquis. It all happened so fast. You see, I was trying to straighten out and do a quick pull-out pull-in, kinda like when you are parking and go in too quick and have to straighten out. I admit to fault for not seeing her but I am sure she saw me and if she was not 86 years old, I am sure would have swerved to avoid me as I was not pulling out fast, as evident from the damage. The thing that kills me besides the fact that my Nsx is now hurt is that the damage could have been minimized had she braked upon contact. Instead, she kept on going and rubbing against my car.

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/view/inbox.jsp;jsessionid=aaaguNJW1SU1IQ?machineid=pcs007

Sorry if the pics are not that clear. The bumper is intact, just needs a repaint. What kills me is where the driver side panel intersects the rear tail lens. It is dented in a lil. Had it just been the bumper, I would not be as sad. Her car had a ding or two here and there(not even sure if they were not there beforehand). Also, her two driver doors have my beautiful car's red lipstick marked on them. She made her damage out to be worse than mine. I didn't want to be rude so i said nothing, but was thinking "you iz a crazy women." I didn't get to take pictures of her car, but my neighbor saw it, and the cop did. Just the thought of my 3klbs precious, gorgeous baby rubbing against that monstrous, boat of a car makes me so mad.

On the bright note, nobody was hurt; although she did claim that this incident may have aggravated her knee which had surgery on it some time ago. The total speed of the accident had to be 5mph give or take. And she seemed fine(albeit a little winded as are most older people when an event like this occurs) when we were both sitting on my lawn just chatting about life while awaiting the police. I hope she or her kin don't try to shake some pennies from me, as do many people try when they are hit by a nice car. Anything I can do as a precaution?

So far I have enlisted the help of Davis Acura and have been refered to Neshaminy Auto Body which has done work on the Nsx. What I plan on doing is to upgrade to the 2002 rear look. I expect to pay some extra money on top of insurance to have my car repaired right so might as well dish out some cash and get my Nsx a new rear(watch out J-lo:D ). How would that play out with insurance?

Thanks in advance for any advice you guys may give. Let me just say that you all are so helpful and caring. We as Nsx owners are so lucky to have such a group like this. When I told my friends about Nsxprime, they were amazed that we have such a following. And if I do redo the rear, I'll post some pics of my baby's new behind for y'all amusement. (trying to stay positive on such a negative day.)
-kld12

If the insurance company writes you a check for the damage, then just combine those proceeds with the extra to have the desired work done. The ins. co. shouldn't have any problem with that.

The bumper cover is bad enough but easily fixed; but the crease in the aluminum above may be a bit problematic. Make sure the body shop reeaallyy knows what they are doing.

I feel sorry for your bad experience. Good luck with the repair.

Back