• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX + idiots in Michigan = big laughs & annoyance.

Why not just ignore these people and go about your business?

I lead caravans on any highway I'm on now. But, then, I drive at 90 with the cruise. It's been rare that anyone has wanted to race and I'm not the racing type. But, if someone won't go away, you can always run up to 120 to lose them if they're in a ricer-mobile. Otherwise, just leave them there.

You should have developed a sense for the racer type. Jump them before they notice you and leave them. When you slow down and they catch up, the race is already over, you declare victory and do whatever you want.

If people start waiting for you in parking lots, carry a gun. Sheesh.

I am pretty good about ignoring this kind of thing, but one night I was cruising up I-95 and some guy in a BMW something-or-other was all over me from the time I had left the Washington Beltway. I ignored him for awhile, but finally, I was like, all right, let's see how serious you are. So I just started accelerating with the BMW right behind me. I figured I would just keep accelerating until he didn't feel comfortable and dropped back. He gave up around 130ish, and I went up to about 140 before slowing down and taking my exit. That is the fastest I have ever been in this particular car.

Jett said:
I am pretty good about ignoring this kind of thing, but one night I was cruising up I-95 and some guy in a BMW something-or-other was all over me from the time I had left the Washington Beltway. I ignored him for awhile, but finally, I was like, all right, let's see how serious you are. So I just started accelerating with the BMW right behind me. I figured I would just keep accelerating until he didn't feel comfortable and dropped back. He gave up around 130ish, and I went up to about 140 before slowing down and taking my exit. That is the fastest I have ever been in this particular car.

I have had to do this before.

I have no problem being followed. I'm used to it. Been leading convoys since I was a teenager. But, keep some distance so I can spot for freakin smokeys doing paces. When a guy tucks in too close, you know he's not savvy enough to be watching his rearview. Also, at night, stay far enough back so that your headlights aren't shining in my driver's mirror. It'd be nice if the #2 guy in a pack took the left lane as a risk-sharing proposition. When you come up on a cop w/ radar, he'd have two targets and have to choose between the lead car and the lead car in the L lane. This splits the risk 50/50 between you. Also, anyone in the convoy should share the lead, just like a bicycle paceline. Nobody likes urchins. I guess I've just had to live with them for half my life, but it's very nice when someone comes along who wants to cooperate instead of leech or do bullsh!t racing.

The NSX gets a little more of the Pied Piper effect, however.

Ncturnal said:
That happens to me all of the time. I hate it. I hear there is another stupid F&F movie coming out. :mad:

It's about drifting, too.

areitu said:
It's about drifting, too.

I don't even want to think about what it will be like on the roads after that movie.
ugh.gif

Yesterday I had more idiots messing with me....this time on motorcycles. They would do fly-bys on me at over 100 mph then they would hit their brakes and pull right in front of me at 60 mph. It was pretty darn annoying after about 15 miles of this, and I was thinking that if these idiots caused an accident doing this stuff and I had to stop as a witness I bet the officer would have thought I was racing them just because of my car. Luckily it never came to that.

Happens every time I go through certain parts of town. The crappier the car/truck the more persistent and obnoxious the driver.

They couldn't be more obvious, weaving all over the road trying to get next to me as I cruise along at (almost) the speed limit.

The trick is to use traffic to block them from getting close.

ChopsJazz said:
A$$hat? I like that! Can I use it sometime? :wink:
The term "asshat" is closely related to the term "assclown", whose usage is similar. Here is an illustration:

wMjkyNzA3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

I tried searching the 'net for a good photo of an "asshat" but all I could find are these two, which will have to suffice unless someone can find something better:

wOTg5OTQ1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

schwarzenegger_bush_award.jpg

Back