• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Interior

Must be an image thing

I agree Jimbo. To be looking at the cars he mentioned, it must be about looks and image, and not about driving.

I, too, find the NSX interior to be just about perfect. Everything exactly where it should be, whether doing 7 hours on I-85 or 45 minutes around VIR or Road Atlanta. I think it is even better laid out than my Lexus LS400, which has to be one of the most intelligently thought out vehicles to be a brand new model, just like the NSX!:D

nsxtasy said:

Remember records? I still love the sound of them. I copy them on to tape to play in the car and am glad it has a deck for this.

Last edited:
uuuhhh, not sure where youre coming from on the interior. It is one of the if not the best interiors ever. Gotta drive it to appreciate the intelligence that went into this set up. Now the bose sound system is another deal altogether----but that is not all that important to me.

ps: this interior is designed to aid the driver in going fast. simple, effecient, a real study in designing around a human driver. rather like the thought that goes into a fighter jet cockpit.

Re: Re: NSX Interior

Dr.Lane said:
Did everyone else miss this little bit of information. The NSX and 360 Spyder are two totally different cars.

If you are considering a 360 Spyder why are you even contemplating owning an NSX? If you are going to be happier overall with the Ferrari, why not just buy it. I think there are some other issues here. Care to share?

Oh yeah. I hapen to agree with the others here. The NSX interior has held it's own over the past 12 years and is ergonomically perfect.

:rolleyes:

Ferarris do not do very well driving to work and back every day. The Spyder would be for sunny weekends only. I wanted the NSX to be the exotic for everyday.

I agree it is ergonomically excellent (I have had one now for a week) but I wish it came with the option of a Nav system or different stereo etc. From looking at many of the threads on this site, a ton of other NSX lovers feel the same.

Re: Must be an image thing

ncdogdoc said:
I agree Jimbo. To be looking at the cars he mentioned, it must be about looks and image, and not about driving.

I, too, find the NSX interior to be just about perfect. Everything exactly where it should be, whether doing 7 hours on I-85 or 45 minutes around VIR or Road Atlanta. I think it is even better laid out than my Lexus LS400, which has to be one of the most intelligently thought out vehicles to be a brand new model, just like the NSX!:D

Of course I like the looks of a Ferrari and NSX :D

Before you continue to miss my point (I guess it is my fault how I presented it). If you purchase an SL500, you can get an in dash CD player, a changer or a NAV system that integrates with the car. You also have the option of changing the stereo (easily) and even adding a phone which is integrated. I realize that these are things more suited to a "luxury" car and not a true "sport" car but many NSX owners out there are using it as an everyday luxury/sport car. I would love to have the option of making the interior more luxureous without having to spend a fortune on customization.

I guess I am looking for a sports car with a mercedes interior!!

FinallyNSXing said:
I guess I am looking for a sports car with a mercedes interior!!
Maybe you should consider getting a Mercedes then, something like an SL55, CL55 or a CLK55 these all have the AMG package. JMHO :rolleyes: Otherwise you would have to spend $2500 on the Nav Pod + inst., new console $250+ paint and inst., new stereo $2K+++ depending on your affinity for stereo equipment. These items alone w/o installation is around $5K. Personally, I don't find these cars as interesting as the NSX. To me the SL feels overweight and cumbersome - they all have nice interiors though. If you're lookoing to impress then Mercedes, if you're looking for a mild mannered sports car with great handling and agility then NSX. For the price I'd NSX - oh wait I did NSX!! :cool:

We all know that Civic's get a better stereo which is kind of amazing isn't it!?
I suspect Acura pre-ordered a few to many 1991 design stereos or just has not wanted to update that old system.
We all feel it would be better to put a single CD in the dash where the Cassette tape is but....

well yeah, there is really not much to say about the NSX bose system. It was 'Ok' at the time but pretty weak by today's standards.

Acoustically, even with great factory stereo equipment, the cabin size is going to affect sound quality. No matter how much i spend on stereo equpmt for the nsx, my stock 03 volvo sedan is going to have as good as or better sound quality--due to cabin. But I didnt buy the nsx for the stereo.

I agree the nav system would be a great option. Honda had the first best nav system out there(had one in my 99TL). By the way, I bought the VOLVO because it had a GREAT nav system, much like the Honda's.

The mercedes nav system sucks. They are just FINALLY getting around to switching to DVD. Currently you have to buy new cd's for each city. Changing them as you move around. THAT is a main reason why i bought volvo instead of mercedes. Even the dealer said that the nav system is lousy--they dont even order with the nav. He indicated the new mercedes nav is due out this year.

by the by, I was pretty unimpressed with Mercedes in general. Like you, i think the dvd nav is a pretty important option on a luxury car. Mercedes is weak there.

the mercedes lineup is pretty non-sporty until you go 60kplus. The interiors didnt seem all that great either, considering the money youre spending. All in all i thought mercedes was inferior in the 40-50k price range. Tons of vehicles out there that offer more with equivalent quality. I was rather surprised and disappointed by this.

anyone else have thoughts on mercedes??

I sold my baby Benz in 2001 to get a baby BMW and never looked back. From the $60k range down, I think BMW dominates Benz (with the exception of the SLK 32 AMG)

Now at the top end, Benz has some very interesting and brutal cars with the AMG line. I think the new SL is gorgeous and the S55 is just insane.

Back