• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX just back from the shop & have some questions! :)

So, unfortunately, my NSX suffered a crash to the front. It was in the shop for about 3 months. :eek: Got it back yesterday, and it looks fantastic. Thanks so much guys!

The front suspension had to be replaced and it has a VERY different feel than it did before. It's a 1996 and it had the original suspension prior to this replacement. The suspension I was told, was a normal NSX suspension, but it is FAR more bumpy than it was before. So, my question is, would this be what the ride was like when the car was new in 1995 and over the years the original suspension softened up? Will this suspension take time to break in?

Also, unrelated to the crash, the brakes lose pressure as I press the brake pedal. If I am braking my foot will gradually keep heading towards the floor and I have to lift off the brake and press again to regain some braking pressure, and do that a few times. Anyone know what could be causing this?

It sounds like your brakes lines have air in them or there may be a fitting that is not seated correctly. I would address that asap. That could potentially be a safety issue.

The suspension can seem substantially stiffer with all new OEM components. Even the ball joints (if they were replaced) can translate more direct input into the steering wheel etc.

Was the shop that did the work an Acura shop or just a body shop? If it was not an Acura shop, I would suggest you bring it to a dealer for an inspection. Outline the issues you are concerned about. They should be able to double check all the work. Because of the nature of the repair, a little extra precaution is completely justified.

Last edited:
Thanks Jeff for that great input! I really appreciate it.

It was actually the body shop that one of our resident NSX master mechanics (Nabil) recommends for NSX bodywork. They get a lot of NSXs there, and Nabil uses them, so I certainly trust their work if he vouches for them.

The brakes needed to be looked at anyway, so I'll take it to Nabils shop and he'll fix it. I was just curious as to what the issue was.

a new oem spring/shock combo should not be "bumpy" .....have nabil drive it.

Back