• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX -Lambo doors?

Hey I noticed that too..
but I think its a SMART way to prevent auto shop guys to "joy ride" your car. They wont wanna drive the car out with "that" kinda rims right? But in this case.. Kenny owns the shop... perhaps that rims are custom made for some drag racing
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Michigan NSX:
Nice rims.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by BostonNSX:
Hey I noticed that too..
but I think its a SMART way to prevent auto shop guys to "joy ride" your car. They wont wanna drive the car out with "that" kinda rims right? But in this case.. Kenny owns the shop... perhaps that rims are custom made for some drag racing
biggrin.gif

-------------------------------------------
Guys...Those rims on Kenny NSX are just there while the NSX is being done(lambo door)..Kenny has Volk Racing GT-C on his NSX, 17x8f and 18x10r.

Ps.formally known as Yellowdancer
biggrin.gif

no problem man, I just can't wait until your car is done, looking forward to seeing it after the paint job and the rims.

Originally posted by kenny:
ron, i can't wait till my car is finish dogg. but the picture looks good though. thanks for all your help. you know if you ever need help hooking up your car, i'll be there dogg. you got my number, don't hesitate to ask alright bro. thanks..
alot of people been calling me this past week. it's been kinda crazy..

Kenny and Ron,
Arron and I dropped by your shop yesterday and saw the car ourselves. You still have quite a bit of work to do before the car is consider complete and 100%, nobody want an imcomplete NSX, that is $4,000 or $5,000 we are talking about here.

[This message has been edited by NSX Prime (edited 27 March 2003).]

Looks good so far, would love to see the final product.....

This is something that i have been looking into for a while and would love to see how it looks complete.

Ron and Kenny, please send pics..

Thanks Guys.

ANywayy!About those doors,I had just purchased a video on the install & whereabouts for parts & such.I too was very interested in how this would turn out on the NSX.Please post or e-Mail me some pics of the finished product.Thanx for going there.Hope it turns out well!

looking forward to seeing more...

ron_nsx said:
Yes about the car when I get more pictures from Kenny I will post them up for you guys.
What's been shown/explained so far seems promising. If done right, structural integrity should be OK, particularly for fixed-roof coupes.

How many cars are getting the initial conversion?

Please tell me:

1) The address to ship to.

2) The shipping company to use.

3) What extra parts you need to get this done.

Soon! I want to do this *now*

Oh yea, I guess #4 would be "Cost" if my girlfriend is looking.

:D

SR

kennys 98 nsx-t lambo doors

CmputerWiz said:
Please tell me:

1) The address to ship to.

2) The shipping company to use.

3) What extra parts you need to get this done.

Soon! I want to do this *now*

Oh yea, I guess #4 would be "Cost" if my girlfriend is looking.

:D

SR
my project should be done in about two weeks, three at the most.. just waiting on lilttle things to make my car complete... please be patience, the out come will be worth the wait..... promise... will post pictures as soon as it's complete..
kenny;)

finally someones doing it and (hopefully!) doing it right. good luck with the finished product..........go the mod guys ;) couple of rx7's have been done here in japan with solonoid/remote activated automatic doors! looks good, albeit heavy construction.

my doors

ron, it's almost done... i'm still wating for my rear rims from japan.. i just hope it does'nt take to long... but everything else is ready... i hope my wheels come this week so you can come take some pictures... after i put the wheels, i got to drop it , and get it aligned, then bring it to the stereo shop... i plan to install a in-dash... maybe an all out system... still thinking on what i'm gonna do.. but call me or come by and check it out when you have time...
you know it's not gonna look right with out the wheels... maybe you should wait till it's complete....:D
kenny

wide body fenders

i doubt the door would work right with the wide body fender... but if theres a will , then theres a way... it's possible , but alot of modification will have to be done...i'm confident that i can modify the wide body fender... if you're confident that you can do it , then try it... if you have any other questions , don't hesitate to ask, i will try my best to help.... ;)
good luck, kenny

Nice!!!!

I went to see kenny's NSX today. The door looks very good, swings up and down solid and tight and the car looks very promising. I can't wait to see the finished car. Hey Kenny can you do it on mine!!!

If you can package and sell the hinge combo, it would sell better than sex on The Bunny Ranch. Did you purchase one of the pre-fabbed models out there, or do serious tweeking of your own? By the way, my wide-body NSX says she wants the lambo conversion too! God, women are never satisfied.:p

the doors

Juice said:
If you can package and sell the hinge combo, it would sell better than sex on The Bunny Ranch. Did you purchase one of the pre-fabbed models out there, or do serious tweeking of your own? By the way, my wide-body NSX says she wants the lambo conversion too! God, women are never satisfied.:p
YES I FIRST STARTED WITH A PREFABBED... I ACTUALLY WENT THROUGH TWO COMPANYS... IT COSTED ME ALOT, BUT NOW I'M GLAD I HAD THE GUTS TO TAKE MY CAR APART.. EVERYTHING TURNED OUT RIGHT... (AS PLANNED)... I WAS TOLD THAT IT WILL NOT WORK ON A WIDE BODY, BUT I THINK THAT IT'S POSSIBLE, AND I WOULD LOVE TO TRY IT... IF THERE'S A WILL, THERES A WAY... AGREED, WOMEN ARE NEVER SATISFIED....:D KENNY

This has got to be one of the best mods done to the NSX. from the first pic, it looks like it is gonna be a beaut. Please, You have got to tell us how to do this to our cars. where to get what we need and what to do??? I check the form twice a day to see if there are new pics and new developments on your conversion. if possible could you post pics of the progress. the wait is killing me. Thanks,
Bob

Back