• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX -Lambo doors?

the doors

nsxboy7 said:
This has got to be one of the best mods done to the NSX. from the first pic, it looks like it is gonna be a beaut. Please, You have got to tell us how to do this to our cars. where to get what we need and what to do??? I check the form twice a day to see if there are new pics and new developments on your conversion. if possible could you post pics of the progress. the wait is killing me. Thanks,
Bob
bob, thanks for the reply. i'm sorry for the wait.. just the little things thats keeping my car from being complete.. i'm still waiting for the rear rims coming from japan.. i hope i get it soon... i don't want no pictures without the rims,cause my car won't look good.. don't worry buddy, the wait will be well worth it.. every thing is going great,and i can't wait till it's done.. as soon as i slap the rims on, we will post the pictures right away..so just give me some time.. thank you.. kenny

Kenny, I was wondering if you could tell me what hinges you used to prop the doors up. which company did you get them from. Any help would be appreciated. I have been looking all over the web and I have found decah and vls hinges. did you use either one or make your own. also any new pics???? thanks in advance.
-Bob

New pictures of the NSX with Lambo doors, Kenny still has a little bit more stuff to finish up like the side skirts. Link to more pics here

http://groups.msn.com/Ronnsx/nsx.msnw?Page=1

http://groups.msn.com/Ronnsx/nsx.msnw?Page=Last

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290914823

fc18f063.jpg

fc18f01a.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great!:eek: Wow, the install came out looking like stock. Awesome job. Question though, is the door stable when opened up? My friend did this conversion to his Integra and his doors seem like there going to fall off.:confused:

why are parts like head light cover, spiler etc are dis mounted?
the removing of the side skirts are reasonable but.. ?

If you go back to the first post, you will see car used to be RED - there was probably a whole lot more than those parts you mentioned, removed!

NVSNSX said:
Looks great!:eek: Wow, the install came out looking like stock. Awesome job. Question though, is the door stable when opened up? My friend did this conversion to his Integra and his doors seem like there going to fall off.:confused:

NVSNSX the door are pretty stable, Kenny did a good job on them.

Looks good !!

ron_nsx said:
This album requires an access password -- can you post it??

Nice job on the conversion -- this is probably one of the most revolutionary appearance mods yet. Any rough guesses on the weight increase with the new hinges/struts ??

Have you decided on side skirts and other details yet ?? Can't wait to see the finished product.

the inner door shell is indeed RED

D'Ecosse said:
If you go back to the first post, you will see car used to be RED - there was probably a whole lot more than those parts you mentioned, removed!

Re: Looks good !!

nsx1164 said:
This album requires an access password -- can you post it??

Nice job on the conversion -- this is probably one of the most revolutionary appearance mods yet. Any rough guesses on the weight increase with the new hinges/struts ??

Have you decided on side skirts and other details yet ?? Can't wait to see the finished product.
YES, THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY. I 'VE PUT MY SIDE SKIRTS ON ALREADY. WW SIDES AND FRT.LIP. 02' REAR VALANCE. AS FOR WEIGHT INCREASES , I WOULD PROBABLY GUESS ABOUT 25 LBS. INCREASE.

JGTC-NSX said:
I love it!!!
THANK YOU... I'M LOVING IT TOO... I TOOK MY CAR OUT THIS WEEK END AND I WAS TURNING ALOT OF HEADS. I ALSO REMEMBER BEING AT A GAS STATION AND PEOPLE STOPPED ME AND ASKED IF THEY COULD TAKE PICTURES OF MY CAR.. SO I'M LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT..:D

Please tell me your going to make a kit for this ??!
cos when I get my NSX I want to do this! something I never got to do on my M3.

I've seen all the pictures, but the top has been off in every one. How does the door close with the window up and the top on? any issues? and do you think the kit is transferrable to a coupe?

thanks,
Allen

X-TNSIV said:
I've seen all the pictures, but the top has been off in every one. How does the door close with the window up and the top on? any issues? and do you think the kit is transferrable to a coupe?

thanks,
Allen
my targa top has been off because i'm painting it . the top is very complicated because you would have to take it apart to paint inside , then let it dry before you paint the other side. no issues at all. i can gurantee it would not be a problem on a coupe or a targa. i will post more pictures soon with the top, spoiler,sideskirt,02' deck lid spoiler,etc.....;)

NSXBOX said:
Please tell me your going to make a kit for this ??!
cos when I get my NSX I want to do this! something I never got to do on my M3.
when you get your car, call me and we can start the transformation...:D

Back