• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX -Lambo doors?

Re: Looks good !!

kenny said:
I 'VE PUT MY SIDE SKIRTS ON ALREADY. WW SIDES AND FRT.LIP. 02' REAR VALANCE. AS FOR WEIGHT INCREASES , I WOULD PROBABLY GUESS ABOUT 25 LBS. INCREASE.
Which wing are you going with ?? OEM ? NSX-R ? other ??

I like the way you've kept a "factory" look -- nice and clean.

Re: Re: Looks good !!

nsx1164 said:
Which wing are you going with ?? OEM ? NSX-R ? other ??

I like the way you've kept a "factory" look -- nice and clean.
i'm going with the oem look... i don't really like the after market spoilers because it looks a little too racy for me.. i just want the clean stock look...

Good choice. I never want to ruin the clean beautiful look on the NSX.

Hey Kenny,
the car looks sweet. Looks like that is what the car should have come with. Nice rims also. Can you help me with mine. I would love to do that mod to my car. What do I need, and where do I get the stuff. Hinges, shocks, etc... and about how long did it take to do the doors. Thanks for all the help in advance.
-Bob

nsxboy7 said:
Hey Kenny,
the car looks sweet. Looks like that is what the car should have come with. Nice rims also. Can you help me with mine. I would love to do that mod to my car. What do I need, and where do I get the stuff. Hinges, shocks, etc... and about how long did it take to do the doors. Thanks for all the help in advance.
-Bob
THANKS BOB. YES IWOULD LOVE TO HELP YOU... FOR HINGES, CHECK DECAH.COM... YOU WILL NEED ALOT OF MODIFICATIONS AFTER BUYING THE HINGES (CUT,WELD ETC.) WHEN I FIRST STARTED, IT WAS A BIG HEADACHE... BUT I EVENTUALLY GOT IT TOGETHER... IT TOOK ME FOUR DAYS TO COMPLETE THE HINGES... BOB, GOOD LUCK... I HOPE EVERYTHING TURNS OUT WELL ... IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS, FEEL FREE TO ASK...:) KENNY

Hey Kenny,

Are you Los's (aka Carter) cousin? He's from Bayou. He told me that you can make the lambo conversion for me at a good price ...... I'm from San Francisco, let me know how much you charge for the conversion.

Went to go check out Kenny's car ealier this week. :D
Very nice! If you are gonna mod your NSX , this is something you should consider. I give you props on a nice job done Kenny.

Herman

NsXTaCY168 said:
Hey Kenny,

Are you Los's (aka Carter) cousin? He's from Bayou. He told me that you can make the lambo conversion for me at a good price ...... I'm from San Francisco, let me know how much you charge for the conversion.
HEY, GIVE ME A CALL,AND WE CAN TALK ABOUT IT....

NSXrebel said:
Went to go check out Kenny's car ealier this week. :D
Very nice! If you are gonna mod your NSX , this is something you should consider. I give you props on a nice job done Kenny.

Herman
THANKS HERMAN. I HOPE YOU'LL END UP GETTING ONE SOON TOO! THANKS FOR DROPPING BY.. KENNY..

i WILLED my wallet to become bigger kenny, but theres no WAY! I'll be lazy and wait for someone else to spend the moolah on research and fabrication.............kit please!

hey kenny,
I too am wondering if you can sell me a conversion kit as well. I checked out the decah site you told me about but they don't have anything for the nsx. Please help. thanks
Bob

I find it humorous that the last time I supported a thread about door conversions everyone said it was a bad idea and I could not find any who cared. Now though...

Kenny, it WOULD be nice if a "HOW TO" could be created to show how the conversion was done. Obviously (now:confused: ) there seems to be a lot of support for such a conversion. I guess it would be to much to ask, but this looks like something that Mark from DR could look into picking up. I know he has some custom fabricators on hand, so I don't see why not, as long as proffit is involved. Now if only a wide body version was made available!

Here are questions that come to my mind when considering this modification.

The NSX is built with amazingly close tolerances and tight fit for all the various parts. Like the hood and trunk lid, the doors require some effort to close tight, because tight means a tight fit in order to get a perfect alignment. That's one of the differences between the NSX and an inexpensive car (even a car as well-made as the rest of the Honda line).

When you change the way the doors close, what happens to that tight fit? Do the doors still close in exactly the same place, or are they off a millimeter or two, so they don't line up right? Does closing the doors in a different direction put pressure on body parts around the door frame that were not designed to take that pressure, so they might deform? Is the cabin still as airtight so you won't hear the noise outside and you won't get any leaks when it rains or when you wash the car? Are you still able to make the same adjustments on the windows that you can with the stock doors?

I'd like to hear what was done in this installation to address those issues.

I thought the doors close the same way as a stock NSX.
I think the doors go out a little and then up, or am I wrong......:confused:

If you look at the NSX door, it looks (to me) like it would be impossible to move it directly up anyways, the door panel is in the way. I was looking at a Lambo, and the doors kinda bow out (hard to explain...) so that nothing interfere's with the door moving straight up and straight down.

Edit: Looking at the pics in this thread, -- Take the position of the door as it is in the picture, then move it straight down, then close as normally.......Anyone else think the same?

hey Kenny, can you post some close up pics of the hinges. also how did you modify the decah hinges for the NSX. thanks
Bob

The doors do open out first like a stock nsx and then up, so all of the tolorences and pressure points should be the same(since the closing proceedure does not change). I think the critical step is getting the new hinges in the exact spot that the factory hinges operated from. Do this and you're golden.:)

Ingress and egress look like a challenge. And how high do the doors go at their highest point? It looks like that would rule out any low garages.

I have a comptech widebody kit on my car and the guys who did the bodywork on my car harassed me to get the lambo doors. I just was unsure about it. I might change my mind the more people that do it. Apparently, simply because you have a widebody doesn't make a difference. If anyone has done this in IL let me know.

GinaK said:
I have a comptech widebody kit on my car and the guys who did the bodywork on my car harassed me to get the lambo doors. I just was unsure about it. I might change my mind the more people that do it. Apparently, simply because you have a widebody doesn't make a difference. If anyone has done this in IL let me know.
SILVER Widebody with SC and other work -- WOW!!
Do you have more info on your car?? More pictures??

Hopefully you can show up for some of the Chicago-area events.

I would have been more involved... but I just got the car back at the end of June. It was in the shop for 7 MONTHS! ARGH! I was freaking out... Anyway, its the bodywork that takes the longest; the engine guys only had the car for a week I think, and the stereo people had my car for about a week too. I think the next Chicago event is that William Tell restaurant thing? I'm going to be gone for three weeks in August, but I'm hoping to make the event if it's the last weekend in Aug. Oh, and email me at [email protected] - I had to register my boyfriend's address for this site because the site won't take yahoo/lycos type email addresses. Because he has to forward all of the emails to me, I don't get them right away. Chat soon!

Back