• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX LoveFab at Nogaro France

Last weekend, I had the opportunity of taking the NSX to a track event called " Classic Days" at Nogaro in the South West of France.
It was mostly for "classic" cars but the NSX was admitted in the "GT Young" class.
Honda France was one of the sponsors and they were kind enough to invite me to show off the NSX side by side with the new Civic type R.
The weather was wonderfull and it gave me the opportunity to test my Pirelli P Zero Corsa's on a dry track.
I must say that the tires worked far better than on the wet and they became only slightly "greasy" at the end of the 20' sessions.
The balance front to rear was also very good despite running 205's up front against the 265's in the rear.
The compromise is far more pleasant to drive compared to Toyo 235/40's upfront.
The track requires hard braking at the end of the back straight where the car hits around 210 km/h before a tight righthander.
It cooked one of my rear disks probably due to the Pagid "black" pads that are very agressive.
Another small issue that continues to nag me is the catch can setup that doesn't work.
I followed DDozier's advice to pull a vacuum line right after the air filter but oil gets sprayed through the BOV each time I lift the throttle...
Any advice on a catch can that really works on the track?
In any case here's a short video:
https://youtu.be/fkUYQbJCzL0

PS: the Ferrari that spun in front of me on the warm up lap ended in the wall and is probably a write off.

Last edited:
Great video. I love watching Nogaro circuit host the Blancpain GT series. very claustrophobic with the walls so close.

Great video. I love watching Nogaro circuit host the Blancpain GT series. very claustrophobic with the walls so close.

I watched the race last year with Sebastien Loeb driving his Mac Laren.
Having driven the track definitely puts his performance in perspective.

Back