• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Modified

Anyone know how to get a hold of NSX Modified in Huntington Beach? I've left several messages a few days ago and can't get anyone to call me back. I heard Larry's a great guy and very knowledgeable. I need brakes pronto!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

------------------
IRL Sucks

Originally posted by 5inchfatlip:
Youre pretty close to them, just try swinging by, they are open into the evenings...I'll be there this Sat afternoon if you want to meet up..

Thanks for the reply. Do you have their address. Can't get to their website for some reason.

I'll be out of town this weekend. I might be there again next week if all goes well. You going to be around? By the way, I lost Jack's email (turbo nsx), you have it?

------------------
IRL Sucks

Indeed, you probably want to read that thread before sending your business that way. When I started out as an NSX owner, I also thought NSX Modified was the greatest thing since sliced bread. But after numerous unanswered calls and no returned calls, I turned my business elsewhere. And since then, having heard scores of stories about Larry's shoddy workmanship, all talk and no follow-through... I'm glad I did. I'm sure that there are still people who still take their business there but I think past performance speaks volumes about a business' credibility. Just make sure you dot your i's and cross your t's and CYA if you decide to give it a shot. My suggestion is to take your car to Jon Martin up at Acura in Torrance. He is very knowledgeable and should give you great service. Best of luck!

My own personal experience with NSX Modified changing my brakes. I would get brake fade and shudder under hard braking situations, they painted the NSX letters red on my calipers but only managed to paint 3 of the calipers leaving one of them unpainted, and tightened the caliper bolts on way too tight so that when I went to rectify my problems by changing to different pads on my own, it was near impossible to get the bolts off by hand. It took me 2 hours on each caliper with WD-40, a hammer, and every ounce of my strength and my friend's to get the damn things off. The bolts are only supposed to be tightened to 36 lb/ft. Considering your wheels need to be tightened to 80 lb/ft, go figure.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Another option for NSX service in the Southland is Mark Basch, who works in San Diego part of the time. Info here.

We also have another Acura Certified NSXtech working at the shop starting 12/20/02, (2 Fridays a month) ALL routine service jobs wil be performed.

$30.00/hour. + parts. Cash only.

Email me or look for the posting on the SD List on this next week.

------------------
need more info? please private me @

[email protected]

Mark Johnson, CEO of Custodial Services @ Dali Racing, a Not For Profit Company.

Thanks alot guys. You probably just saved me alot of headaches. I figured something was wrong when I leave several messages and can't get the guy to call me back.

Has anyone heard anything good/bad about Mission Viejo Acura? I'm kind of stuck with a closer shop until beginning of next year.

------------------
IRL Sucks

Tustin Acura has an Nsx tech named Willy that I have used for maintenance. He seems knowledgeable and honest.

[This message has been edited by dvkim (edited 06 December 2002).]

Originally posted by ndpracing:
Thanks alot guys. You probably just saved me alot of headaches. I figured something was wrong when I leave several messages and can't get the guy to call me back.

Has anyone heard anything good/bad about Mission Viejo Acura? I'm kind of stuck with a closer shop until beginning of next year.

I can't help you with NSX service but I can tell you that we did not have very good luck with their service dept. for other Acura vehicles that my wife and I have owned.

I would stronly encourage you to make the 1.5 hour drive to M. Basch or up to Torrance. Finding a competent, certified technician is more than half the battle.

Another place you might consider is Factor X Motorsports over in Fullerton. If you're just replacing your brake pads then you probably want to just take it to a dealer or other service center. If however, you are looking to upgrade your entire brake system, do other mods, or go forced induction, along with performance tuning... these guys can definitely help you get it done the right way. Their info can be found at www.factorxmotorsports.com

I've also heard there is a great guy up near the Calabasas area who does great work. I don't know his name but if you're interested, contact John Richards or Marc Weinberg.

[This message has been edited by Darkcyd (edited 06 December 2002).]

Originally posted by dvkim:
I thought Factor X has or is moving to Vegas?

Yes and no. Yes, the shop is moving to Vegas. However, most of the guys will be back and forth between Fullerton and Vegas. So, if you need something tuned, they can work in the L.A. area (and in Camarillo, tuning on a late Sat. night). They still have dyno shops where tuning can happen.
John
PS, Thanks for your time Pineapple! Cabo called and said they saved some lobster, shrimp and women waiting for you.

Hey John, you know people at Cabo? I used to work there a WHILE back. had some fun working there. did it mostly just for the after parties and to meet some of the celebrities that go there sometimes. Good food too. probably be the first place i go eat after i get home in about a month, boy has this year flown by fast. hope to meet you all soon.

Herman

Back