• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX OE Parts

Hi All,

Finally bought a car. Thanks to all for your tips, help, advise, etc.

Car is a 1998 6MT originally delivered in Perth. It then went to Sydney and got sold back to Perth in 2008 via Shannons, see
http://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/lot/?id=RFCUFBT6B1960HJT

I bought it in Perth and it is being railed over.

Does anyone have an OE muffler for a 3.2 ? This car is fitted with a sports muffler and I wish to return it to original. Honda parts quoted me $3700 for one (ouch!!) and the best I can do via a trade mate is $2800.

I am also having difficulties sourcing the OE tyres (Yokohama a022's or Bridgestone RE010's) as they are no longer made in the front tyres' size (215/45/16) ? Does anyone know where stock still exists ? The only alternatives that I have managed to locate are Kumho KU36's. Does anyone have any experience with these and/or know of alternatives ?

Thanks.
Leong

Congratulations Leong,

The car looks great.

Unfortunately I can't help with the parts. If it was the earlier muffler I might be able to point you in the right direction, but I'm pretty sure they are different.

All the best and hope you enjoy the car,

David

I've got a OE muffler from a '98 3.2 (the one with the oval end tips) in perfect cond, however am in Europe and shipping will probably be very expensive :redface:

Hi Leong,

Congratulations on your purchase!

I have an OEM exhaust off a '98. It has around 8,000k's on it. PM me for details as it is with a plethora of other exhausts I have for NSX's in Sydney.

As for the OEM tyres, they are not made anymore. I have been able to track down some old stock in the US and Japan in the past but shipping has always made them too expensive to go the import route.

If I may suggest, you can get the OEM 16 & 17 sizes in the far superior (IMO) Bridgestone RE55S semi slick tyre. It's what I use on my street NSX...

Again PM me for the details of my Sydney supplier should you want to go with them. I do know your in Melbourne, so am I (sometimes) but I'm from Sydney :tongue:

Cheers,

Mike

Hi All,

Finally bought a car. Thanks to all for your tips, help, advise, etc.

Car is a 1998 6MT originally delivered in Perth. It then went to Sydney and got sold back to Perth in 2008 via Shannons, see
http://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/lot/?id=RFCUFBT6B1960HJT

I bought it in Perth and it is being railed over.

Does anyone have an OE muffler for a 3.2 ? This car is fitted with a sports muffler and I wish to return it to original. Honda parts quoted me $3700 for one (ouch!!) and the best I can do via a trade mate is $2800.

I am also having difficulties sourcing the OE tyres (Yokohama a022's or Bridgestone RE010's) as they are no longer made in the front tyres' size (215/45/16) ? Does anyone know where stock still exists ? The only alternatives that I have managed to locate are Kumho KU36's. Does anyone have any experience with these and/or know of alternatives ?

Thanks.
Leong

If I may suggest, you can get the OEM 16 & 17 sizes in the far superior (IMO) Bridgestone RE55S semi slick tyre. It's what I use on my street NSX...

I 2nd that:biggrin:

I agree that the RE55's are the ducks guts. I have them on my EVO, however they are expensive,harsh, noisy and track a bit, so decide what you want to use the car for before you buy. Some RE55 sizes are no longer street legal. I use 205/50/16's on my NSX, the diameter is close to the original and the choice is large, must be some common Porsche size I guess.

Hi Leong,
Yes, congratulations, great looking car.
I bought my 98 a couple of years ago and last year I through the same struggle looking for 215/45/16s for the front. The previous owner had gone for 225/45/16s in Falkens, but I did not like either the tyres or the fact that raising the front-wheel rolling radius without altering the back runs the risk of fooling the traction control into activating.
In the end I went for Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 with stock 245/40/17 on the back and 205/45/16 on the front. I am completely happy with that choice, in wet or dry. The wear has been better than I expected too; I think the previous owner might have reduced the negative camber at the rear to extend the tyre life a bit.
Cheers, and have fun,
Annie

Hi again,
No plans to replace with anything at present. When my current work ends I plan to do some travelling. I might consider another NSX when I get back. The risk and cost of comparable vehicles is just too great; with the NSX you can pretty much rule out any major surprises by choosing well. I like Audi R8s, but they are a bit out of my domain at present.
Cheers,
Annie

Hi Leong,
congrats on your NSX, dedending on what type of after market exhaust is on your car we might be able to work out a deal I have a muffler for a 98 or would be interested in purchasing your ex outright. Send me a PM if your interested. Regardless hope to catch up with you soon at a gathering of the Melb crew,
Cheers Owen.

Just got my car from Perth on Thursday. Got a RWC for it and will get it regd on Monday, plates will be NSX090.

I have been playing around with it and have noticed that it has adjustable shockers. There is a plastic key (with "KONI", "pic of a shocker" and "turn clockwise for firm" inscribed on it) in the glovebox which inserts in to the top of the shockers and you can turn them. The shockers look OE to me. Does anyone know if it was an option on some NA2 cars ?

(Owen, I will PM you in a few days when I get things sorted out.)

Thanks.

Just got my car from Perth on Thursday. Got a RWC for it and will get it regd on Monday, plates will be NSX090.

I have been playing around with it and have noticed that it has adjustable shockers. There is a plastic key (with "KONI", "pic of a shocker" and "turn clockwise for firm" inscribed on it) in the glovebox which inserts in to the top of the shockers and you can turn them. The shockers look OE to me. Does anyone know if it was an option on some NA2 cars ?

Thanks.
No those aren't OEM, but way better.

Thanks.

I have a set of OEM shocks if you want to swap:biggrin:

Back