• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Only Track Day @ Buttonwillow

October...
Btw someone posted an Nsx track event in Vegas sept 13-14...

But that will be scorching that time of year out there:confused:

Awesome. October it is. I'll put together the details shortly with signup instructions and other details.

- - - Updated - - -

Oct. What happened to the weekday option? Also buttonwillow has a open test day on Fridays. We could do that.
It was a tough decision. Doing a weekday option requires us to rent out a full track day at a much higher cost. Having no idea how many people will actually sign up, I didn't want to risk it. If the turnout is good for this event (for a Saturday Oct) then it definitely opens the door to do a full track day in the week.

Something I thought was interesting... A track day mid-week is really not that much cheaper. The cost savings was neglible when split between owners. We would also need about 30 attendees to make the costs manageable. Tough to get 30 owners on a weekday I reckon but an all day track session is something i'm looking forward to someday!

Let's do it a bit smaller this first event and see how we do.

Haven't done Buttonwillow before, and since it's now being considered for a Saturday, please put me down as a "yes", dependent on costs.

-Randy

NOOOO!!!! Not Oct 18th.
I'm already signed up for Global Time Attack round 4 at Big Willow :(
So I must vote against Oct 18th date.

Very cool !
Good luck Greg !!
Will be rooting for you for sure !

NOOOO!!!! Not Oct 18th.
I'm already signed up for Global Time Attack round 4 at Big Willow :(
So I must vote against Oct 18th date.

A Saturday in October sounds better to me as well, but that particular weekend might have a conflict...and I'd definitely have a conflict on the previous AND following weekends. On second thought, my vote goes to September.

Last edited:
Gentlemen!

We are confirmed for Oct 18th! Greg-TT was able to make accommodations to make this date. It was very important to me personally that he was able to make it. He's been a big supporter of the SoCal Track Group just like Jim, Nick, Kuni, Wil, Ryan and many others whom I consider brothers. I'm now waiting for the details from the track day organizer - SpeedVentures. Below are tentative details from what I know so far.

Date: Oct 18th, Saturday
Time: 7:30am (Do Not Be Late)
URL for Signup: http://www.speedventures.com/events/eventdetail.aspx?id=472
Cost: <$200, likely approx $130-170/driver
Other: I'm trying to setup some garages. It's usually $80 per stall which fits 2 cars. It's WELL WORTH IT :)

Format: We will have our own NSX Run Group. This will guarantee at least 4 or 5, ~20min sessions of just NSX owners on the track at that time. Due to the interest, this will be Advance to Intermediate NSX owners/drivers only for now. If we have problems filling up the min quota (I don't know the min quota yet, will be likely 10-15 NSXs) then we'll open it up to other NSX owners who want to take their other cars.

Beginners: Beginners are welcome! I would encourage you sign up in the Beginner's group. "Beginners" are typically drivers who have less than 3 track days but anyone can sign up for beginners. If this is your first time on the track it's mandatory you sign up for the Beginner's group. You will be given proper instruction by the SV staff.

Note on Cost: The per person cost is TBD. This will depend on how many people end up signing up. From the looks of it the cost will be under $200/driver and will likely be between $130-170 from a rough headcount. Speedventures will procure the sign-ups from their website and will bill us individually once registration is closed. I will be provided a signup code shortly.

Please post if anyone has any questions and/or if i've missed anything.

BTW.. Guess who came out of the woodwork and decided to come? The thrilla of Manila Ramon of Niguel Motors! Maybe he can do a timing belt swap for you on the spot!

- - - Updated - - -

Please add your name below so I can get a prelim headcount. Thanks guys

1. RYU
2. Coz
3. Greg-TT
4. illWillem
5. Ryan
6. .....

1. RYU
2. Coz
3. Greg-TT
4. illWillem
5. Ryan
6. Thanhnsx
7. Nick

A few notes.

Everyone needs to read this:
http://www.speedventures.com/faqs.aspx

Signup will be at the link Regan posted, but Aaron doesn't open up registrations until the event is closer.

...for when you finally do sign up:

REMEMBER: Drivers who do not accurately rank their experience level and/or select a run group for which they have insufficient experience may not be allowed to drive and will not receive a refund or credit.

Red
For ADVANCED drivers comfortable with open passing and race-like conditions.
Insufficient experience; Please contact us to select this run group.
Green
For Advanced and High Intermediate Drivers comfortable with open passing and race-like conditions.
Black
For HIGH-INTERMEDIATE drivers. Point-by passing only, anywhere on track.
Purple
For solid INTERMEDIATE drivers with 5+ events. Point-by passing only, anywhere on track.
Blue
For NOVICE drivers (with an instructor) and LOW-INTERMEDIATE drivers (running solo) with 1 or 2 Track Events. Lead-follow/No Passing for Session 1 & 2

Thanks for posting that Nick! If we get enough people then we can consider renting out two run groups.

I envision something like:
NSX Group 1: Red & Green drivers
NSX Group 2: Black & Purple drivers

It will depend on the population mix of this attendees. I guess we'll find out soon enough...

Thanks for posting that Nick! If we get enough people then we can consider renting out two run groups.

I envision something like:
NSX Group 1: Red & Green drivers
NSX Group 2: Black & Purple drivers

It will depend on the population mix of this attendees. I guess we'll find out soon enough...

Actually, maybe we should have folks put the level after their name on the list we're forming. That would give you an idea of distribution.

I have question about what group I would fall in... Been to BW on 2 wheels running (A)dvance group several times but never on 4 wheels. Am comfortable at speed with outside or inner passing.

Should I just stick to something like purple or under still?

1. RYU
2. Coz
3. Greg-TT
4. illWillem
5. Ryan
6. Thanhnsx - Blue (Low-Intermediate)
7. Nick
8. Dhalsim
9. Liftnot

Last edited:
Actually, maybe we should have folks put the level after their name on the list we're forming. That would give you an idea of distribution.
Works for me

I have question about what group I would fall in... Been to BW on 2 wheels running (A)dvance group several times but never on 4 wheels. Am comfortable at speed with outside or inner passing.

Should I just stick to something like purple or under still?
Not an easy question for me to answer because we all go into track days with a bit different mentalities. I think this track day for NSX owners will end up on the casual side. I hope we set the tone early on in that it's most important to stay safe and drive your car home than it is to try to set a new track record. That means it's better not to pass if in doubt, and it's better to let someone pass most of the time. With that said, if you're running Advance on two wheels then you should have a cool enough mindset (keep ego and adrenaline in check) to mix it up in the Intermediate sessions. Though, it's your first time time out cage driving, I would recommend you do the first session in beginners to get accustomed to the driving line. I'll discuss with SV to move you up to the NSX intermediate group after that session if you'd like.

I find my line on my bike is totally different than in a car but most important is you have track experience and often enough I feel it's the lack of ego/adrenaline control that gets people into trouble. This ego/adrenaline can run wild in newbies including myself my first few times out.

My $0.02

As another note, Aaron will not let you drive Red or Green without contacting them first. You'll see the message you would receive upon trying to register in the levels I posted (I'm not currently qualified for Red).

1. RYU
2. Coz
3. Greg-TT
4. illWillem
5. Ryan
6. Thanhnsx - Blue (LOW-INTERMEDIATE)
7. Nick
8. Dhalsim
9. Liftnot
10. Phryxis - Black (High Intermediate)

1. RYU
2. Coz
3. Greg-TT
4. illWillem
5. Ryan
7. Nick - Green
8. Dhalsim
9. Liftnot

I'll probably run purple for this event. Not sure how well i'll recover from my hand injury by then.

1. RYU - Purple

2. Coz
3. Greg-TT
4. illWillem
5. Ryan
7. Nick - Green
8. Dhalsim
9. Liftnot

I'm in for sure. Thanks for organizing this Regan!

Very excited to participate a track day with nsx brethren.
Kudos to Regan for working hard to make this event possible.
Please put me down in Green/Red run group.

Back