• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Owners DOGS

Assumption I guess. I only see them on Pitt bulls and other "known" viscious type dogs. My dog is an 80 lbs Half Pitt half Lab and I would never consider putting that type of collar on Her. To me, its more of a deterrant to keep my baby away is all.

I'm sure the dog is well manored and well behaved, but its just those collars that bug me.

Your assumed fear will cause more issues for your dog and others then any type of collar. There is no such thing as "Known viscous type dogs" type and breed have nothing to do with temperament.

Those collars are designed for training purposes for dogs that pull they are not designed to be used all the time. Only to correct issues. I have a Blocky Dogs Dual grip its a type of martingale collar it works fantastic without the need for a pronged choker. I have my Rottie trained so I don't need a lead. He stays at my right side, I stop he sits.

My point is each Collar / harness have a purpose. Breed and types of Collers have nothing to do with temperament.

20131004_170625_6_bestshot_zpsa7f02e34.jpg

20131004_164824_6_bestshot_zps94018572.jpg

Last edited:
Careful, you are on the precipice of a slippery slope. I am with my 3rd rescue, but not convinced of who is saving who. I have resigned myself to my role in life. I will always be the guy who visits a shelter rather than a "shop".
Reminds me of a quote I've heard: "Dogs are not my whole life. But they make my life whole."

Is his collar the type that digs into their neck and if so is your dog that visious that you need to put that type of collar on him?
Your assumed fear will cause more issues for your dog and others then any type of collar. There is no such thing as "Known viscous type dogs" type and breed have nothing to do with temperament.

Those collars are designed for training purposes for dogs that pull they are not designed to be used all the time. Only to correct issues.
They are also used in training, not necessarily to correct issues. I've used several local training services and they've all recommended prong collars for all the dogs in class, regardless of breed. Not necessarily for routine use (although they can be helpful for that purpose too). However, prong collars should not be left on any time the dog is unattended.

Those collars are designed for training purposes for dogs that pull they are not designed to be used all the time. Only to correct issues. I have a Blocky Dogs Dual grip its a type of martingale collar it works fantastic without the need for a pronged choker. I have my Rottie trained so I don't need a lead. He stays at my right side, I stop he sits.

My point is each Collar / harness have a purpose. Breed and types of Collers have nothing to do with temperament.

How did you get "Assumed fear" from anything I said? I guess if the collar is being used solely for training purposes thats fine, but to have it on the dog for his/her entire lifetime I find pointless. Regardless, I didnt mean to start a debate, lol. I was just asking the question.

all dogs are awesome its the owners that make them bad.

I had a pit mixed with sharpai named Simon he still lives in Boston with my ex-GF she sends me pics form time to time of him and my other dog she kept named Kayla

Im down to one dog now named Boomer, as Yodi died last year on my birthday which is in a few days I hope my wife doesnt buy me another dog Im not ready LOL

I miss Yodi rainbow Bridge I will see one day

^Not always the case of the owner. My friend had two dogs (one of them a pit) from pups and a cat. Years went by with no issues, then one day she came home to find blood everywhere...floor, walls, ceilings. The pit, for some reason, had shredded the cat to pieces.

The pit, for some reason, had shredded the cat to pieces.

If you could ask the pit this question, I'm sure it would say, "Because....it was a cat."

I love my pit mix, but would never trust her in the room with a cat. Or a squirrel. Definitely not a squirrel. Definitely. :redface:

^^^ Stunning. Man you really got those ears to stand up really straight. Also where did you get that collar? That baby looks really heavy duty.

Kind of a soso photo, but our dogs for Halloween (You can see my 8mo pregnant wife sort of - say hi to my Daughter in there!):

1426223_10202267994683760_1447379117_n.jpg

^^^ Stunning. Man you really got those ears to stand up really straight. Also where did you get that collar? That baby looks really heavy duty.

The collar is a double layered training collar from Ray Allen K-9 Equipment, usually it is off.

this is andy,a hell of a fine guy,the epitome of a great friend and companion. this pose shows what i call "otter feet",a terrier characteristic.

Last edited:
Great thread. Our Vizsla passed away last year so we have been debating what to gets the kids. Anybody have experience with a Labradoodle? My wife saw one last week and wants one now!

Last edited:
my wife has been researching labradoodles and thinks the Australian variety is a winner.

my wife has been researching labradoodles and thinks the Australian variety is a winner.

Here's a newsflash my friend... "Labradoodles, Pomapoos, Goldendoodles, Cockapoos, Maltipoos, Morkies, Pomchis, Pugles" etc... etc... etc... are nothing more than mutts that with some brilliant marketing have been turned into very overpriced mutts! If you're gonna spend that kind of loot, get a nice purebred from an AKC registered breeder. These designer dogs are genetic nightmares just waiting to happen.

purebreds rule.jpg

lol hugh................but they are cute mutants none the less.

While I might not have used the precise wording that Hugh did, it's important to understand the rationale behind purebred dogs. Each breed of dog is bred for a particular appearance and temperament - the "breed standard" - and this is how they are judged in dog shows. Within each breed, champion purebreds win shows and become champions because they meet the breed standard better than others in their breed; this is why it's best to look for purebred puppies whose lineage contains lots of champions. That way, you can have much greater confidence that a puppy will grow up with the appearance and temperament that you're looking for.

The problem with mixed breed puppies - and this includes the cockapoos, labradoodles, snickerdoodles, etc - is that there is no breed standard, and there are no champions. Thus there is no way to be assured that they will grow up with any particular behavior tendency or appearance. And, consequently, there's no consistent answer to the question of "what such-and-such mixed-breed dog is like". Yet, there are some breeders who still charge as much money for these mixed breeds, without any champion lineage or consequent predictable behavior, as you would pay for a purebred, which makes them a poor value as well.

If you don't care how your dog turns out - maybe you have a lot of prior dog experience and feel that you can handle whatever comes your way - then by all means, consider a mixed breed. There are lots of mixed breed dogs out there, especially in animal shelters (dog pounds), who may turn out to be the sweetest, most lovable dogs in the world, and you can save them from life in a shelter (or, worse, euthanization for the sole reason that they didn't have someone walk in on the right day, ready to adopt them). Mixed breeds are part of our world, and God bless those who rescue them and give them good homes.

But if you're looking for a dog that will grow up to have a specific, predictable temperament and appearance, you may be better off getting a purebred dog, preferably one with a champion lineage from a reputable breeder. You can identify reputable breeders by contacting the nearest local chapter of the national club for your desired breed, which you should be able to find on the internet. And if you're not sure which breed you want, there are lots of books and websites where you can use your personal lifestyle and preferences to select the breed that is best for you.

If cost is an issue, you may want to contact the rescue organization for the breed you are interested in, as adopting a rescue is usually much less expensive than buying a purebred puppy from a breeder. Most breed clubs have contacts who are called whenever a dog of their breed is found in an animal shelter, and who maintain lists of those looking to adopt a dog of their breed, so they can match the two together. These rescues may be dogs of all ages, so you may end up adopting an adult rather than a young puppy. That may be just fine; there are advantages in adopting an adult dog (usually they are already housebroken and trained), but there are disadvantages too (their remaining lifespan may be shorter than a puppy's, and elderly dogs may have more health problems to deal with than a younger or middle-aged adult dog).

Last edited:

I've got a goldendoodle, great dog! The australian doodles are nice too. Doc, try the golden. I've got a great breeder but pricey.

Mike thanks..pm me the info.

We just added a new member to our Family. Cadence (Cadee for short) is 4 months old, she is a Great Dane / English Bulldog mix. Hard to imagine that one, but she was part of a litter of 13 that resulted from an unintended breeding (Great Dane knocked up the English Bulldog the family was dog-sitting for). I joked it could have gone either way- like the experiment in the movie Twins. Apparently the Arnold genes won out, as they appear to be 2/3 sized Great Danes, rather than 200% sized bull dogs. The Great Dane's family are friends of mine and they asked if we could give one of the pups a home, and we gladly accepted.

This is Cadee

cadee.jpg

I drove 20 hrs round trip to bring Cadee and her brother Echo back to Denver from Des Moines. Echo is ultimately going to another family of friends who live in central CO. They are in process of moving house so Echo is lodging with my Brother-In-Law for a while.

CnE.jpg

Thus far we have a pretty large puppy with a very gentle, and relaxed disposition.

nap.jpg

we figure with her breeding she is going to be fairly large, so her gentle nature should be helpful. We have a decent sized yard, and i run 3-5 miles a day, so exercise won't be a problem. It's been a week and she is fantastic thus far.

cadee2.jpg

Cadee has been with us a year now. She seems to have maxed out at about 75lbs give or take. Still gentle as can be, she is like a small Great Dane with beefy shoulders. She loves people, and our weekly trips to the dog park to socialize. Sweet girl, still feel lucky to have gotten her.

Her brother Echo has grown to 110lbs, and his family adopted him a little sister that is also part Dane.
P

Last edited:
Back