• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX owners sure seem handy!

Have any of the rest of you guys noticed how most NSX owners aren't afraid to wrench on their cars and some even just make the parts if they don't exist or are too expensive. I love getting on prime and seeing all this new stuff being made just because someone wanted it. I can't tell if it's just because most NSX owners are pretty heavily involved in the automotive world or not but we just seem to do more with our cars than any other exotic owners and not just build and fabricate, but do it correctly!!

-Alec

Have any of the rest of you guys noticed how most NSX owners aren't afraid to wrench on their cars and some even just make the parts if they don't exist or are too expensive. I love getting on prime and seeing all this new stuff being made just because someone wanted it. I can't tell if it's just because most NSX owners are pretty heavily involved in the automotive world or not but we just seem to do more with our cars than any other exotic owners and not just build and fabricate, but do it correctly!!

-Alec

I would have to agree. About the only group of foreign car owners that I have ever been involved with that were probably more involved with their cars were Triumph and MG owners. But, I think that was probably more out of necessity in order just to keep them running.
As the cars get older and oem parts become harder to get I'm sure we're going to see a lot more of what we are seeing now.

I suspect the majority of NSX owners either have owned other collectibles or "grew up" modifying newer imports. Either way they have developed mechanical skills over the years. For me it was the latter, although I didn't start "growing up" until I was in my late 40s. It all started when I bought a new 99 Civic Si in late 1998.

Back