• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx payment

im sorry if this question is being to nosey but im just wondering what are you all paying a month for the nsx just looking for an idea i really wana se what the younger guys are paying b/c im younger also thanks everyone

$0.00 Paid cash.

Soooo much that I can say, don't do it, he's a kid, he's a newbie, let others tell him to use the search as to how much NSX's are selling for, let him see that the price people pay runs the gamut from approx. 20K to 80K, some pay cash, some finance, can't buy it new anymore, no manufacturer lease deals, what kind of question is this, well, at least he apologized up front. Ok, phew, the temptation has passed.:biggrin:

Soooo much that I can say, don't do it, he's a kid, he's a newbie, let others tell him to use the search as to how much NSX's are selling for, let him see that the price people pay runs the gamut from approx. 20K to 80K, some pay cash, some finance, can't buy it new anymore, no manufacturer lease deals, what kind of question is this, well, at least he apologized up front. Ok, phew, the temptation has passed.:biggrin:

OK you're correct. Then it would be how much do you pay for insurance, zaino vs. zymol, nsx vs ....

Last edited:
im 19 but i was just wondering i have a great paying job at a auto body shop and was jus trying to get some answeres my bad everyone

Not a problem pal. There are lots of posts regarding your question. Not to bust into your business but have you considered your education, retirement, plans with a partner, etc.? Cars are nice, but really try to think ahead. Do you really want to finace a $35K car with an insurance payment as a 19 year old driver? Don't want to bust your bubble but just please think about it. It's just a car and it's your furure.

Good luck.

A lot of peopl say the the F-chat guys have arrogance, but these kinds of threads really bring it out on the NSX forums. If you feel this question really impinges on your super baller financed lifestyle, then just click on another thread and don't reply.

To answer the original question, I don't have a monthly payment.

A lot of peopl say the the F-chat guys have arrogance, but these kinds of threads really bring it out on the NSX forums. If you feel this question really impinges on your super baller financed lifestyle, then just click on another thread and don't reply.

To answer the original question, I don't have a monthly payment.
I think that the only arrogance displayed on this thread as of now, is yours, everyone else, including me tried to guide the OP gently, as a newbie, as a "youngster" gently to "seek and you shall find" type of direction. So Mr Liquid "baller" ...............................Be like Nick (J/K) and gamble a little!:eek:

While I do agree some of the previous comments,I always think you have to have a balance. Yes, you definitely need to have money put away and as a young person it is a good idea to start putting money away for retirement now because social security will not be there when your ready to retire. But if you already have some savings set aside and are contributing regularly to a 401K or some kind of stable retirement account, I don't see anything wrong with getting an NSX now. Life is really to short and although you need to prepare for the future, you also got to enjoy the present and live a little. If I was able to get purchase the NSX when I was in school for the price it is at now, I would have jumped on it with the quickness. Just stay within your budget and don't really go crazy with the mods. You should instead put that money aside for unexpected expenses.

Zero $

it all depends on your income level.

if someone pays 2000$ a month for their nsx... but takes home 20000 a month... it might make sense for that person.

or if someone pays 100$ a month and you only take home 1500$... after, rent, insurance, phone etc... 100$ might seem pretty darn steep.

like anything in life. only buy it if u can afford it.

Last edited:
payment on my civic: $0

payment on my NSX: $0

payment on my wife's MDX: $1,365 for 36 months. I could not turn down 2.9% financing on an Acura, however, this was when my Savings acct was paying me more than the cost to borrow....ehh...so much for floating rate interest lol. I would pay it off, but the payments are Interest heavy in the beginning, so does not make sense at this point.

What other bills would you like to know about? lol

Dont sweat it kid...:wink: Some of us old timers here get our feathers ruffled when newbies ask questions.

Assuming that you saved at least $5K for a down payment and found a credit union that will finance your good credit for 5% APR then your payment for an early car in good condition with selling price of $30K would be around $475 a month for 60 months. Its hard to get a longer term because of the car's age.

Plus insurance and maintenance costs. I would estimate maintence to be $1500 for tires,oil,service, etc. Then figure in 2 grand for a clutch if you abuse it.

I also agree with the saving for retirement suggestion. If you put only $2000 a year in an IRA for 20 years, you can stop contributing and when you reach retirement age youll have over a million dollars to play with. I wish I would have taken this advice. I am now trying to catch back up and it takes a lot more money since time is not on my side.

Welcome to Prime...:smile:

I also agree with the saving for retirement suggestion. If you put only $2000 a year in an IRA for 20 years, you can stop contributing and when you reach retirement age youll have over a million dollars to play with.

Hey Big D.

get your a/c fixed yet? i hope you did cause man its hot HOT HOT!!:tongue:

$2000 a year in an IRA. good idea.

personally i say spend it while your young :biggrin: $2000 a year for 45 years = lots of fun :biggrin:

GOGO flame suit! ready for deployment

Last edited:
Hey Big D.

personally i say spend it while your young :biggrin: $2000 a year for 45 years = lots of fun :biggrin:

question about IRA....I thought you could not invest in an IRA if your income is too high?

Hey Big D.

Not yet...It is definately hot...Saturdays Canyon drive will probably be brutal.

I know what you mean, but I wanted to retire at 55 but can't cause I had too much fun. Actually I think getting married and having kids did that to me...LOL :) Good Advice > Stay single!

question about IRA....I thought you could not invest in an IRA if your income is too high?

I always thought that all individuals could invest at least $2K pretax. I could be wrong.

I always thought that all individuals could invest at least $2K pretax. I could be wrong.

ahh, just looked it up. looks like if income is past a certain point, you cannot invest in a traditional IRA if you are covered by a plan at work...roth IRA is a different story, but contributions are not deductable.

bummer.

ahh, just looked it up. looks like if income is past a certain point, you cannot invest in a traditional IRA if you are covered by a plan at work...roth IRA is a different story, but contributions are not deductable.

bummer.

That figures...Well, I would think that most young people aren't covered by a plan at work or making big dollars. So it still applies to them.

For us older folks we have to max out our 401K plus do the roth thing....

Sounds like you're paying for it yourself with your own hard earned money, so go reward yourself and live la vida loca. Ask any 19y.o. guy which would they rather have and NSX or an IRA....simple mathemathics! We all have our justifications for instant gratification. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

(OK...got to go put my flame suit on before all the financial gurus slam me.)

Screw the IRA at 19...go and get that car.

Either way you'll learn a lesson. :)

I think I paid something like $490 a month until I paid it off in a big chunk. Just make sure you have a plan.

(The best years of your life are probably 16-25, then you have to work your ass off to hope you're next best years are 35-45 lol)

If I had to do it all over again I'd be putting myself thru College or University first, unless your goal is to work in Autobody like you presently do.

If School you'll have a job afterwards that will enable you to purchase a home and an NSX (its only 4 years)...

If Autobody career - then save for maintenance expenses first or emergencies (I'd suggest 4-$5k), then save for your downpayment on the car, then get a loan in 1-2 years time. If you are only paying for the car and sacrificing your lifestyle to do so then the car isn't worth it.

Let's assume saving time plus a 4 year loan puts you at 25 once its paid off then you'll need to start saving for a home, will have probably met some gorgeous gal you'd like to marry, so then you're looking at another 2 or 3 years of saving thus your at 28. You could swing it!

Get an S2k! Seriously if I were your age I'd be rockin' that car large. I miss mine and honestly the price category of NSX your looking at will kill you for parts replacement (unless your making some large coin). You can get some killer deals on S2K's and they are my second favorite car to the NSX!

Just suggestions...

Yeah IRA's for a certain income bracket, roths for others. The S2k isn't a bad idea but definitely not an NSX. I know for a fact instant gratification is a bitch, but I also think that if your going to be ballsy do it while your young, at least this way you have the rest of your life to recover from it:) I was told I made to much for an traditional IRA and then the limit of the Roths suck, so I would rather invest the cash myself.

The people on this Prime come from many different walks and backgrounds of life and they have all valid points, make sure you know the full costs of the nsx and make sure you think about it for more than a few days before making the decision. Is there better things you can do with 30k+,sure. But can 30k in the bank put a smile on your face when you see that you have an empty space in the garage, NO.

You got one life, live it! But always remember your the one who has to live with all of your early financial decisions! College to me is less relevant than any of the issues , but different opinions and views is good. If you want to make a career in auto body then my thought would be work and get mentored by someone who is good, then take the 30k+ you didnt spend and add to it for the next few years and by the time your 25 open your own shop and secure your future that way.

Back