• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx payment

well thanks everyone for there own opinons and i have thought about the s2k before but if i can afford the nsx i would like to purchase that i had almost convinced myself out of the nsx untill yesterday going to work there was a red targa nsx and i had talked to the guy for about ten min told me when he bought it milies let me take a look at it.man beautiful..then i just keep thinking god i want this car..and to answer everyones question about my education yes auto body is what i want to do for a living and again thanks everyone

I've also got a buddy who does autobody.

All I can say is live within your means. If 50% of your monthly income is spent on your car payment, I'd say you're setting yourself up for problems.

The only way I was able to afford an NSX at my age was some generous military loans, continuing to save and maintain with bi-weekly mil pay, having very little bills, and some academic luck. Even with all these blessings, I barely breached the initial purchase for 91-93 NSX's and you're wanting at least a 95.
I waited over a year and a half to do so.

If you've really decided that the NSX is for you ( which, if you joined the forum, it is inevitable :tongue: ), analyze your financial situation and judge whether buying this car is more important than knowing if you're going to make rent. You might end up living in the car!

I know for me it feels comfortable to have kind of a "safety net" of funds sitting in the bank incase of emergencies and when I get low, I feel anxious and nervous and it affects my outlook on daily life. You might feel the same if you get into this car and realize you can't put gas in it until the end of the week when the check comes in.

I echo some of the suggestions here to get an S2000. To tide me over before I got the NSX, I bought an old Datsun Z to have some fun ( it turned out to be bloody knuckles, sweat, tears, fumes, and rust haha ). Sold it for 30% profit over my purchase price, so you might be able to do the same.

Good luck!

One thing I have'nt seen post here. "Maintanance" You need to allow yourself for maintanance issues down the road. While these cars can be very reliable, anythings possoble. Clutch alone will set you back a couple of grand at least. GL in your desicion.:smile:

A lot of peopl say the the F-chat guys have arrogance, but these kinds of threads really bring it out on the NSX forums. If you feel this question really impinges on your super baller financed lifestyle, then just click on another thread and don't reply.

HAHAHAHA! Best Response! I was gonna say the same thing. Kid is just asking a question, why so serious?

Scott, the best way to find out what your payment would be is to get your credit score (you're young so you might want to get a parent to help you out with financing), go to an online calculator to find out the payment and how much you want to finance and then call an insurance company to get a quote.

When I was 20, I bought a year-old S2000 for $24K - 10K under sticker! Couldn't pass up! My insurance was $340/month, with payment of $385. You will probably look at this neighborhood for an NSX, if you can finance one for $25K. But for a good NSX you need to look at a $30K price range and so make sure you have few K's down!

Save your money and then buy half cash/half financed or just wait a while longer to get it all cash.

Last edited:
19 yo ,if you are on your own and you can afford it think about how precious a machine the car is then think about how hard a 19 yo and his friends will be on it,think about how the 19yo crowd gets jealous,hates,acts out,and the poor car takes heat...19 yo,unless you live with your folks and have a garage,and they are willing to fund any mishaps, get a dependable beater!

im sorry if this question is being to nosey but im just wondering what are you all paying a month for the nsx just looking for an idea i really wana se what the younger guys are paying b/c im younger also thanks everyone
Scott,

Stay in school. Study hard, especially when your grade studies punctuation and spelling. Some day you might even go to college. Once you're an adult, you can worry about getting a job and managing your finances.

:biggrin:

ahh, just looked it up. looks like if income is past a certain point, you cannot invest in a traditional IRA if you are covered by a plan at work...roth IRA is a different story, but contributions are not deductable.

bummer.

Not exactly right. You CAN put money in a traditional IRA no matter what income you have and whether (or not) you are in a plan at work.

The difference is above certain limits you can not take the deduction.

The Roth IRA is NOT allowed (at all) above a certain income point.

Oh, and $0 payment.

I took out a 0% loan :biggrin:

Not exactly right. You CAN put money in a traditional IRA no matter what income you have and whether (or not) you are in a plan at work.

The difference is above certain limits you can not take the deduction.

The Roth IRA is NOT allowed (at all) above a certain income point.

i read the exact opposite somewhere online....

Relax. This guy is just inquiring about the car and really likes. Don't knock him down for that. At least he has a job and not on the streets hanging with gangs using our tax $$. Scott did not ask for our opinions about what he should do with his life and investments, he was just asking about NSX payments. He did not ask about retirement plans. If that's private info., don't reply.

Greetings

Does you company offer a retirement plan. Many small companies now do and will even match some money that you invest if a 401K. Do as much as you can afford. Also invest money on non-tax deferred investments. Pulling money out of a 401K when you retire can be tricky -- you need to setup how much you withdraw each month.

When you have a family (which you will) have your 401K roll into your IRA on the event of your death. It is better for taxes.

Make a car payment to yourself each month for a few months. That money will allow you to experience how much money you will have left over if you buy an NSX. Put in some extra for the maintenance too. This will let you know if your lifestyle is too crimped before you do the actual purchase.

Always pay yourself first! ALWAYS!

Cheers,
Martin

thanks alot everyone again. the nsx is the car i want and when u said 19 y/o imagine how hard they would beat on it yea right sir if i get the nsx no one will drve the car other ten me i have a garage to park it in and also i have alredy had a first car and beat it up ive seen how fast things break when you dont care and i deff would care about a NSX i mean its just plain and simply a perfect cari have almost 6k saved up and im still saving and trying to sell my car now just to get more of a down paymetn ready and again thanks everyone

scott , you got your act together ,i was married at 21 running a garage (quit college in the middle of the vietnam war) and bought a corvette everyone said the same nonsense as these guys, 35 yrs later am still married (to the same lady) ,own my house in westchester n.y. , am retired from one job and working on another pension, don't let anyone step on your dreams, BUT don't BURY yourself,continue to save for it , if you are in the body buisness you'll know what to do if you get in trouble

sir thanks alot honestly thanks everyone has said there own opinons even if they do come out a litttle harsh they are just saying what they think so yea but anywasy thanks and hopefully i find the ONE

My payment is $0.00. Also paid cash.
A friend of mine once said, purchase toys with cash. That more or less stuck in my head now that I'm older.
I purchased a Corvette when I was 20.... so I can relate... lets just say that was 30 years ago now.
My insurance for the NSX is $498 per year as a pleasure vehicle with $1k deductable.

It is just a car...
"Don't love anything that can't love you back"
AND
"Don't cry over anything that can't cry for you."

That said....
An NSX will probably hold it's value and not depreciate like something new you would purchase from a dealer. They are dependable...
Beautiful cars... they definitely draw attention.... styling and rareity.

As for your future... I know friends who began in auto body work and eventually started their own shops... they are now sitting pretty.

Being your age and male.... the insurance may be a killer... parts can be expensive as well as some of the maintenance.

You may want to read the threads on NSX's not being chick magnets, etc. :biggrin:

I'm married, so I don't need the stress of having a chick magnet... what I have found is that if the person is a car person (male or female) they go nutz over the NSX. If they aren't car people, they could care less.

Which is fine with me.. I'm a car person and purchased the car for my enjoyment.

Good Luck.... hopefully some of the information posted by the group helps in your decision....

There are worse things you could do than purchase an NSX. :cool:

PS. You just want to make sure you have enough money to live on investing in your future is always wise... you can't ever begin too early... Balance... enjoy the gift of life...

I'll be paying $32,000 this month.

first and last months payment though, hehe.

don't buy it if you can't fix it tomorrow. Nothing worse than having a sweet ass car to look at in the garage that you can't drive. Except if it also doesn't even start so you can't even listen to the engine. I'm buying a clutch before the car even gets here so I don't have any more than 24hr downtime when the time comes. Its supposed to be OK, but 40K on it (30 w/sc) and it hasn't met me yet.

Last edited:
sir im not even thinking about the car as a chick magnet i have the girl been with her for three years and were getting married mabye not soon but we are we alredy have everything figured out and stuff..if anything i will probley wait untill she gets done with collage that way incase she needs money help i know i could help her..but if all goes well hopfully in a few months ill be an nsx owner

I thought about this over the weekend. I say go for it:) I bought my Supra Twin Turbo back when I was 20 years old, I dont think I made more than $15k a year on my part time job. I guess i could have saved, better yet I could have invested. Problem is, I really enjoy all the memories I had with that car...it's priceless...

youre only young once, enjoy it:)

What's this talk about enjoying a sports car while you are young,like 40-70yo (arbitrary) don't enjoy sportscars:confused: Guys I just like to bring back the idea of DELAYED gratification.The thought of possibly saving for some goals is a healthy one.

What's this talk about enjoying a sports car while you are young,like 40-70yo (arbitrary) don't enjoy sportscars:confused: Guys I just like to bring back the idea of DELAYED gratification.The thought of possibly saving for some goals is a healthy one.

+1 And I am an old guy.

$0 payment for all my cars. But that is because I am old..:frown:

Buy inexpensive 91 NSX might even be cheaper than s2000(if nsx is your first choice), just keep looking for it. Save sizable down payment, keep payments effortable + save a little bit for emergency...enjoy the car.

it's just more fun to have something like this at a young age...possibilities are endless :biggrin:

I think this is a type of car you either buy in cash or don't buy in MOST cases. The one case I say don't pay cash is if it is 2005 and you can lease it or something. Cars are depreciable assets anyway even if this one doesn't drop in value AS much as others. I would say hold on for 6 months and save your money. If you still really want to buy it than do it. Give yourself some time to think about it. Buying cars shouldn't be done in a day. Take time to think it over. It is a lot of money to drop on a used car that requires some pricey maintenance. Do you have money saved up for the AC, Timing belt, water pump and brakes?

Back