• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx prices

Since they axed the second gen NSX, I like to know what people think is going to happen to the value of our cars. Think they will sky rocket like cars like the land rover defender 90(cant really find a 93 much under what they were new, and like the rx7 where the value also went up greatly when they ended production of that car. I hoping the values of our cars will climb greatly but like to know what some of you think.

I own the car for the sheer pleasure of working on it, polishing it, and, oh yeah...driving it. It is the most fun that I have ever had driving and I am not even thinking about the value going up. I did not buy it for that. If it happens that's great, except that I live in a personal property tax state so it will cost me more to own it.
I have a stock 91, black/ivory. When I go to meets some of the other drivers of modded or FI cars come and gauk because they have not seen a stock car in so long. That gives me pride of ownership that is priceless.
My $.02

I to bought my car for the pleasure of owning, driving, polishing and hugging the car whenever I wanted to. Never looked at the purchase as an investment.

But to answer your question, IMHO, I'd say NSX car prices are pretty much at the bottom right now. So when the economy heats up again, prices are likely to rise. By how much my crystal ball does not say but I'm guessing +20% by the end of 2010 at the earliest. I do think those cars in stock form and/or slightly/tastefully modified will appreciate most. I do feel in the next 10 years, there will be a supply and demand issue with the lower mile/well maintained cars that will only help drive up prices of these good cars.

My comments are all a SWAG but like I said in the beginning, its for pure please. Regards....Andrew

To me the NSX is Japan's only Milestone sportscar. It revolutionized worldwide thinking in its day.
Long term the NSX will become highly collected cars.
Short term they are stable.
The original Fashion Statement crowd has moved on.
The Ricers are finding other venues.
What is left is the core who understands the base philosophy.
Spread the gospel.

Cars are not investments. with tax, tags, upkeep, mods, insurance, etc. it almost never works out. That said 91-97 will lose little over the next 10 years and could gain if the economy picks up. I bought mine to drive and love, if I see a gain that's great, but I don't expect one and I don't care.:smile:

I always wanted to buy an NSX, and than on a track day I have driven one....and within 2 weeks of time I have sold my 2005 Mitsubishi Evo VIII RS with only 4000 miles in it and bought a '92 NSX in the US and imported it in to Hungary-Europe :)
So my #1 reason of buying was the pleasure to drive and own....but if I compare with my EVO I would loose about 4000 USD with the EVO as market price every year...with the NSX I would defenetly be on the level I have bought it...so I will not loose fro sure :)

Last edited:
I bought mine on pure speculation and assume it will appreciate 10%+ per year.

Back