• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Pricing 1991-2000

I am currently looking at two cars one a 91 with 15 k miles stick, the other 00 with 13 k miles auto. Cars are priced respectively at $60 k and $65. I see alot of high mileage cars for sale at seemingly high prices and a few lower mileage cars priced above the two I am looking at. These are all asking prices. As far as sale prices go how many of these cars are selling at asking, 5-10% discounted, etc.? And, how many are just not moving at all? Any reliable info would be much appreciated.

depends on condition of the vehicle, snap ring, maintenance records ..

not sure about the automatic one, but the 15k mile 91 is within market range

A 24K mile 92' in excellent condition just sold on Bring a Trailer for $69K. A mint 91' arguably has slightly more cache as it is the "original" year. If there is no history (especially with snap ring) then the 91' would be the better buy in my opinion and is actually priced slightly below market.

Automatic transmission cars sit on the market forever and sell far less than a manual. Buy the manual...Automatic is de-tuned with less power.

If you are looking to buy an NSX to drive it you are throwing your money away on a $60k '91 with low mileage. Get a maintained '91 with 75k miles for $45k.

I wouldn't want to pay 60k for the 91, but low mileage doesn't aways mean tons of issues. If a low mileage NSX gets regular care such as fluid changes and brake services etc., is kept in proper storage, and gets out on the road and driven as intended, problems should be kept to a minimum. My car had 9000 mi. on it when I got it five years ago. It just turned 17000 mi. a couple of days ago. I had my first major issue pop up that same day. My engine light came on. Gas cap was loose. Other than that, the driver's door window needs adjustment as there is a small leak at 100 mph+, and the trunk struts are starting to get weak.(bought new ones years ago to have on hand.) Besides tires, that's it for upkeep and repairs.

I would rather pay more for a low mile NSX that has a decent maintenance history than a higher mile one that has been rode hard and put away wet. I don't abuse my car, but it certainly gets excercised properly. It only goes out on sunny days and gets cleaned up after every drive. The air conditioning, power windows, stereo, everything is used on every drive. The engine hatch usually is opened to help with the cool down after a drive. The car does have to sit several months during the winter, but does so in a heated garage inside a car capsule. I know it would be better to drive the car regularly year-round, but that is not possible in this part of the world. No decent car should be exposed to the winter roads around here.

NSX pricing 91 & 00

Thanks to everyone. The 91 I am told is out of snap ring range, T J4A4 1000341. Maintenance records show 2012 as last year for attention with timing belt, valve gasket, and water pump replaced. Seems to be up to snuff in all respects. Exhaust has been replaced with a 1992. This puzzles me. The 2000 is at a major car dealership and they have no records. I see the car was for sale last year in Las Vegas. How it ended up in a dealership is odd when trade ins are usually five cents on the dollar. Both of these cars will be checked out. I am thinking to use a nearby Acura dealership or should I look for a speciality shop? I am in northern Calif.

As for low mileage, I know there are issues with a car that sits, but from my experience with MBZ, Lexus, and BMW I have always bought low mileage cars and let somebody else pay the big bucks. Additionally, in and out they look new. I anticipate driving the nsx 2k miles a year. Stick I know is more the real deal but auto works for me. I sold a Porsche because driving bumper to bumper in the bay area is a pain in the neck.

Lastly, you all know the NSX. If you were buying either of these cars at my request, what price would you say to pay??

Thanks to everyone. The 91 I am told is out of snap ring range, T J4A4 1000341. Maintenance records show 2012 as last year for attention with timing belt, valve gasket, and water pump replaced. Seems to be up to snuff in all respects. Exhaust has been replaced with a 1992. This puzzles me. The 2000 is at a major car dealership and they have no records. I see the car was for sale last year in Las Vegas. How it ended up in a dealership is odd when trade ins are usually five cents on the dollar. Both of these cars will be checked out. I am thinking to use a nearby Acura dealership or should I look for a speciality shop? I am in northern Calif.

As for low mileage, I know there are issues with a car that sits, but from my experience with MBZ, Lexus, and BMW I have always bought low mileage cars and let somebody else pay the big bucks. Additionally, in and out they look new. I anticipate driving the nsx 2k miles a year. Stick I know is more the real deal but auto works for me. I sold a Porsche because driving bumper to bumper in the bay area is a pain in the neck.

Lastly, you all know the NSX. If you were buying either of these cars at my request, what price would you say to pay??

The 1991 you're referring to, #0221 , has been on the market for a significant amount of time now. It should have sold long ago, my instincts would tell me to stay away. It's likely that potential buyers before you have come across some issues with that car that turned them away.

Not to mention, it has the wrong wheels, wrong brake caliper color, wrong floor mats, questionable A/C, questionable exhaust, etc...

Thx for your feedback. Yeah some things not correct and the exhaust change was likely due to backing up into something. Anyway spent a few hours today with Shad Huntley going through the car and overall it checked out very well. Wheels and calipers have been painted, AC is after market. Oh well, personalization is what it is. Now it's my turn.

I have never heard of an aftermarket a/c system..tell us more..

Well, all I can tell you about the AC is what is on Shads's inspection. He notes it has an after market compressor installed with new lines made. Wiring for after market clutch needs retying. After mkt receiver dryer needs tightening. Climate control works fine. As for details on model, installer etc. I have no idea. Looks like front bumper was removed to do install.

Hmmm. Sounds to me as though whoever had it prior had some issues with the AC and didn't have the $$ to replace components correctly, so hacked it with aftermarket stuff. Makes me wonder what else is lurking unseen, and whether there was scrimping on maintenance, although you seem to have quoted some recent verifiable maintenance.

For me this car is a red flag. Unless you are a very proficient do-it-yourselfer, I'd stay away.

Back