• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-R Suspension, Mesh Engine Cover, and Seats

BD

Legendary Member
For NSX-R Nuts, yes, NSX-R Nuts. If you want the parts, you gotta pay:wink:

All joke a side, this is not really a joke, but if you have bought authentic NSX-R parts in the past, you know how much they're going for.

Special order, but the waiting period is short. Honda Japan have them in stock.

As of 10/25/2008, $1.00 USD = 94 Yen.
Type R Mesh Engine Cover:
$1675 shipped.

Type R NA2 suspension:
$3700 shipped.

Type R NA2 Seats (red or black) with power railings:
$18,200 shipped.

Type R NA2 gauge cluster:
$2400 shipped.

The price will change if the USD is stronger. I'll do the calculation when that happens.

PM me if you have any questions.

Ciao

Last edited:
Essensx, PM sent regarding the GCS.

NSX-R NA2 suspension and Type R/S Mesh Engine Cover is available from Honda Japan with very short turn around time.

Vance I knew you didn't spend all that money for nothing on your nsxR clone. Now you can recoup your money for your car selling the products...good idea...

Question: the type R suspension..NA2... Does that mean only for NA2 cars? If so how much for the NA1 nsxR suspension?

Payment received Essensx. You lucked out. The yen increased in value by 10% since we discussed the purchase on Tuesday night. I decided to absorb the difference by using my brokerage fee. I can't believe how much the USD is dropping and the rate it is dropping.

To other buyers, there will be a fluctuation in pricing. Please PM me for detail. I just found out the USD lost about 10% in value against the yen... sign.

Last edited:
$17,000 for 2 seats? :eek:

10% higher as of today after checking out the exchange rate.:mad:

Welcome to the nsx-r nutz world...it's a high roller's club. oh wait, you had sat in those. It's very nice, but it's not $17k nice.IMO.

You gotta admit, they are the most comfortable racing bucket you will ever find. Even better than the OEM NSX seats.

Welcome to the nsx-r nutz world...it's a high roller's club. oh wait, you had sat in those. It's very nice, but it's not $17k nice.IMO.
Yea, that must be at least a 20% increase in value! haha

How much are just the black or red seat covers? I'm sure you could pick up the carbon/kevlar Recaros for less than that and just put the NSX-R covers on them.

Yes they were very comfortable, but their is 1 seat thats slightly more comfortable :wink:

Yea, that must be at least a 20% increase in value! haha

How much are just the black or red seat covers? I'm sure you could pick up the carbon/kevlar Recaros for less than that and just put the NSX-R covers on them.

Yes they were very comfortable, but their is 1 seat thats slightly more comfortable :wink:

Unfortunately, the bucket is only for NSX, Recaro does not and is not allow to sell them.

The seat cover at one point were going for $4600, but now the cover alone is $7k.

I can get hold of the NA1 Type R fabric by the inch, but the cost will still be about $2500 to get enough to cover two seats, plus labor.

Unfortunately, the bucket is only for NSX, Recaro does not and is not allow to sell them.

The seat cover at one point were going for $4600, but now the cover alone is $7k.

I can get hold of the NA1 Type R fabric by the inch, but the cost will still be about $2500 to get enough to cover two seats, plus labor.
Really? Where did you hear that? I take it Honda has exclusive rights to that seat model?

They were nice, but not too much different than the Pole Position IMO...

Really? Where did you hear that? I take it Honda has exclusive rights to that seat model?

The Pole Position has high side walls, so getting in and out is a major pain in the ass. Also, it sits up right which is not as comfortable. But anyway, some thing is worth the money, some thing is not, and it is up to the individuals to value the product pricing.

The Pole Position has high side walls, so getting in and out is a major pain in the ass. Also, it sits up right which is not as comfortable. But anyway, some thing is worth the money, some thing is not, and it is up to the individuals to value the product pricing.

Not everyone can understand or experience the difference between Recaro PPs and the NSX-R seats. The only testament to true opinion is when you have a girl has no idea which one is which sat in the two and tell you the differences. But then again, individual value is very different between persons.

Only the NSXR suspension might just be something I might want to spend extra dough on if you really want the NSxR experience and maybe some exterior aero parts......but if you are fanatic enough to buy the seats I want to see rest of your nsx...beast like vance...you got to go all out like vance with every bit.... Does Anils NSXR have these seats or the cluster??

For NSX-R Nuts, yes, NSX-R Nuts. If you want the parts, you gotta pay:wink:

All joke a side, this is not really a joke, but if you have bought authentic NSX-R parts in the past, you know how much they're going for.

Special order, but the waiting period is short. Honda Japan have them in stock.

Type R Mesh Engine Cover:
$1550 shipped.

Type R NA2 suspension:
$3600 shipped.

Type R NA2 Seats (red or black) with power railings:
$17,700 shipped.

Type R NA2 gauge cluster:
$2400 shipped.

PM me if you have any questions.

Ciao

Only the NSXR suspension might just be something I might want to spend extra dough on if you really want the NSxR experience and maybe some exterior aero parts......but if you are fanatic enough to buy the seats I want to see rest of your nsx...beast like vance...you got to go all out like vance with every bit.... Does Anils NSXR have these seats or the cluster??

Anils car has everything and more......his car is basically a US Type R clone to the T. Except for the fact that he has a 3.8L motor, JRZ suspension, BBK, and many more.

His car is a Type-RR Extreme

Anils car has everything and more......his car is basically a US Type R clone to the T. Except for the fact that he has a 3.8L motor, JRZ suspension, BBK, and many more.

His car is a Type-RR Extreme

Wow. He did the 3.8L, JRZ...NSXRR extreme sounds about right.. Now thats a real NSX_R

Billy,

Even if you're not interested in purchasing NSX-R seats, I thought I'd let you (and everyone) know how comfortable they are... I drove for 13 hours straight when I left NSXPO Portland. They were EXTREMELY comfortable. Absolutely the most comfortable seats I've ever traveled in.

nsx-r_seats_018_800.jpg

I have some low back issues and I pretty much wrote off all bucket type seats....but after sitting in Dan's Type R seats I realized that I have to have them.

They're pretty damn amazing, I have yet to sit in something as comfortable that isn't adjustable.

I hope to get the Type S with the orange or blue inserts someday.

Billy,

Even if you're not interested in purchasing NSX-R seats, I thought I'd let you (and everyone) know how comfortable they are... I drove for 13 hours straight when I left NSXPO Portland. They were EXTREMELY comfortable. Absolutely the most comfortable seats I've ever traveled in.

nsx-r_seats_018_800.jpg
Re-read my post, I have sat in (and tracked) a car in those seats - in the Spoon NSX-R GT. :)

They are very comfortable seats and I liked them a lot. But IMO they weren't $3,000 more comfortable than the Pole Position, let alone $10,000+ more.

Seats

I don't want to kill Vancehu's deal, but we really need to knock these off. We need to get a beat up one to use as a model. I know I could get the buckets cloned in solid lay up carbon for around $1500/ pair, say about another two grand for upholstery. Alcantera is just a brand of Ultrasuede, right? The cheap fabric around the outside is prone to snagging. I don't think I could even bring myself to spending 10k cause you are going to snag them. I know i'm oversimplifying a bit, but it just can't be that hard. The first few would probably look iffy, but with these costs we could pay until we get perfect patterns. Just a thought from one who loves them also.

Re: Seats

I don't want to kill Vancehu's deal, but we really need to knock these off. We need to get a beat up one to use as a model. I know I could get the buckets cloned in solid lay up carbon for around $1500/ pair, say about another two grand for upholstery. Alcantera is just a brand of Ultrasuede, right? The cheap fabric around the outside is prone to snagging. I don't think I could even bring myself to spending 10k cause you are going to snag them. I know i'm oversimplifying a bit, but it just can't be that hard. The first few would probably look iffy, but with these costs we could pay until we get perfect patterns. Just a thought from one who loves them also.

I thought about it, even did some negotiation, but decide against it for one simple reason. If some thing like that breaks during driving, I don't want to be held responsible for it.

i did the research and can have it duplicated exactly in terms of dimensions, weight, strength/structural integrity
but...
- will cost a lot of money to reproduced- from the carbon Kelvar shell to high density memory foam to the unique Honda fabric.
- even though it will cost much less than the real NSX-R recaro's, theres not a single person on prime that is genuinely serious about buying a replicated set.

price-point & packaging/bundling...

Just a thought...
2x! I couldn't have articulated it any better than Tanto2...
icon14.gif

I thought about it, even did some negotiation, but decide against it for one simple reason. If some thing like that breaks during driving, I don't want to be held responsible for it.
I know you like to do everything 1st-class & w/o compromise, Vancehu. If something could be fabricated/assembled that meets your expectations of befitting an NSX, then please pursue it. You simply have to offer a complete zero-responsibility waiver/release that every potential customer will be aware of. Nothing more - nothing less, my friend!

On-topic... if you come across any used, low/reasonable mileage '02+ NSX-R or Type-S ZERO suspension sets (ie. Showa shocks w/ external reservoirs), I'm keen towards buying them from you or your source(s). . .
- even though it will cost much less than the real NSX-R recaro's, theres not a single person on prime that is genuinely serious about buying a replicated set.
It all comes down to dollars & sense, bud! Care-to-share approx' ball-park figures, some people might actually be interested!

I'm keen for a Type-S set of seats. But, if a near-identical/high-quality replica was available (obviously w/ OEM-like bracket-assemblies & power-sliders as you like to bundle-stuff, which I actually like), I'd buy-it in a heart-beat. Though, at a realistic/attractive price-point (being after-market AND replica).

So, ~$5k for a pair of Type-S style replica seats w/ the contrast double-stitching (dark-silver), perforated black Alcantara/ultra-suede inserts & dark-graphite leather-trim, and the memory-foam for the cushions/bolsters (along w/ OEM-like bracket-assemblies & power-sliders)... tempting, but I'd *personally* pass.

~$3k for all that... I'd acquire them w/o question! :cool:

(ditto for Type-R replica seats. . .)

Price-point, seamless installation (turn-key/plug-&-play/etc'), stock-positioning/ride-height, power-functions... those are what matter to me!

I'm not in the racing-seat fabrication/molding/copying game, so I have no idea of initial costs & so forth. But, I've generalized from other replica/no-name/copy-cat offerings, in my aforementioned price estimates.

Last edited:
John, your correct. I do I have the Kite garage nsx-r replica seats. They are identical minus the carbon/kevlar and the expensive price tag. I also, brand new Na2- nsx-r seat covers in black that I bought around 2-3 years ago from password JDM from Leo. If I didn't have the nsx-r covers already I would keep the ones that are on the KIte garage seats. Thy are leather with alcantara centers. Justtrying to see what seat rails will fit my seats, probably with get the SOS ones when they are back in stock. Frank

Back