• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-R Suspension Question - Can it be modified?

true, Dave is serious about going 3 ways.:eek: But he has no idea how to tune his KW comps.

LOL... I won't go there...

Nero I think the club sports would be something you'd love, but they aren't cheap, have you contacted Coz? He has them. He has zero noise.

To be honest if you watched my video, I had found a patch of really bad pavement specifically to make it make noise. On 90% of driving it's quiet, and even when it does make noise and I mention it to people in matt car they say "what noise?"... I specifically have to point it out. So it's not really bad at all, certainly for the performance I would put up with it. I know this is hard to believe but with 1000 pound (18kg) springs up front, I am certain my car has a better ride than it did with stock springs when I am on the highway and go over dips, etc. It's extremely comfortable and stable at speed. That's where I really start to notice the differences. As speed increases, this thing comes to life.

I'd talk to coz if you haven't already.

Bc the v3 is pretty much meant for street, I want something more track oriented if I am going to swap out my type r. I think you can't swap stiffer springs in on the v3 due to its valving iirc. All the money is in the valving on coilovers is what I am finding out.

While it might be 'meant for the street' I'm very happy with my V3's at the track. Currently running 457/343. About to go 657/343. Adjustability for 'Rebound' is a

While it might be 'meant for the street' I'm very happy with my V3's at the track. Currently running 457/343. About to go 657/343. Adjustability for 'Rebound' is a

Did you ever use the 657/343 setup? I'm on the fence again about getting coilovers and it's between the BC and KW V3 as the front runners. I suppose if you factor out cost then it would be a no brainer to get the V3.

How much is the Type R suspension worth these days?

Just ran it for the first time at Chuckwalla yesterday. Love the setup.

I did NOT read the entire thread but IMO modifying a Type-R setup even in ride-height is blasphemy at its best. Honda spent a lot of time creating it involving all relevant parameters like spring rate, shock valving, swaybars, ride-height and tire-combo. People pay a lot of money for it because other people recommend it (they might just buy the 'brand') and still plan to modify it and therefore change the relevant parameters Honda was taking into account. :headshaking: If I were to put that much money into a setup I would do the whole thing because Honda knows it all. If anybody knows better there's plenty of advanced setups out there, even for less money. Just my 0.02.

Had you read the thread you would have seen that is the exact trajectory the discussion took :biggrin: I didn't "choose" the R to begin with, it came with my car. Anyhow we are now on debating coilovers after exploring exactly why modifying the R suspension would be more difficult than expected. My "rake" is currently being further accentuated by the fact that I also am using a taller diameter rear tire than I should due to very limited tire selection in 18/19 combinations.

Just ran it for the first time at Chuckwalla yesterday. Love the setup.

The ratio you are using is more like 2:1 (F:R) where the type R is more like 10:8 IIRC, that's why I was asking about your impressions as Honcho replicated the R pretty exactly.

Last edited:
If you try to alter the nsx R suspension an evil genie pops out and sends you to work in a barium mine in Japan......

OK OK guys I am not touching the R suspension! :biggrin: I have some new KW V3's ordered so now I need advice on what settings to use to make it the most like a Type R. Anyone know where to buy new higher rate springs for the front too? 9doors, I tried to PM you about buying your old 457 fronts...

So I was looking at the type r suspension and realized its linear not progressive. Plus the listed spring rates are just one number and progressive springs come with several rates... Am I correct?

Back