• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-R v. Honda F1 (a simulation)

I couldn't imagine that downforce contributes so much to accelleration. Wow!

spyderplayer2002 said:
I thought that downforce hurt acceleration more than help it. That is also 900 vs. 300hp.

well more downforce (assuming you can get it without increasing drag) would just mean more traction (i.e less time spinning, more power/time used actually going forward)

haha we just need to install fans under our car to create vacuum and thus downforce

spyderplayer2002 said:
I thought that downforce hurt acceleration more than help it. That is also 900 vs. 300hp.

downforce only hurts acceleration at higher speeds. Downforce always hurst top speed however, since to create downforce you are also creating drag. Downforce helps with braking, turning and everywhere where tire grips matters. The forces (longitudinal Fx and/or lateral Fy) exerced by the tires on the pavement can roughly be approximated by the tire friction coefficient times the load applied on the tires. The more load, the more forces can be generated by the tires (up to a limit). An "artificial" way to create "additional" load on the tires is by using downforce.

Translated form the second picture (with the F1 driving upside down);
By the way, when running with the 300km / the H, the down fourth which depends on the body approximately 1500kg. Because the body is the 600kg, if it runs with the 300km / the H, also theoretically it is possible to run the ceiling, to upside-down

BAR Honda F1 just set the land speed record for an "Race Spec" set up on their F1 car. The only thing they did different was tweak the the aero set up (wing) and gear ratio. Nothing was done to the engine or the Chassis.

They acheived over 400 kilometer/Hour, about 250mph.

And here is another suprise for you guys, check this out.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1914692207624681889&q=car+bike+boat

Back