• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX replacement in Autoweek

Autoweek article said that Honda will release the replacement by 2015 :frown:
Engine might be 400 HP V6 with another 100 HP from hybrid source that will have top shelf performance with reasonable MPG. I'll believe it when I see it. With all of the time between now and 2015 there will be enough time to cancel it again.

I don't know why I keep checking these posts. I gotta stop.

its like a car wreck, you just have to look...

there's plenty of rumors about Honda becoming less boring, but i'll believe that when i see it.

Autoweek article said that Honda will release the replacement by 2015 :frown:
Engine might be 400 HP V6 with another 100 HP from hybrid source that will have top shelf performance with reasonable MPG. I'll believe it when I see it. With all of the time between now and 2015 there will be enough time to cancel it again.

Hahaha...love it. Between now and 2015 Honda will have gone through 12 CEO changes and the Acura duckbill will become automotive vogue.

This is all a hoax since we all know Honda realizes the worlds ending in 2012.

lol I think we have been talking about next gen NSX for well over a decade now...yet there's no pre-production prototype or anything.

Here are some pics from the article I was talking about:

picture.php

picture.php

The most recent news is the expected arrival time.

^This.

Hahaha...love it. Between now and 2015 Honda will have gone through 12 CEO changes and the Acura duckbill will become automotive vogue.

Sometimes the laughs really make up for the lack of answers in the section of prime. Thnx Ponyboy

What they list there screams ridiculousness. I dont think I'd believe it even if I spoke Japanese and heard it directly.

1) mid-engine? yeah ok good luck with that... maybe if they mean "mid-engine" the way Nissan has created some insane fantasy that the GTR (with an engine CLEARLY under the front hood) is REALLY a "mid-engine"

2) 400HP?! supercars need the HP of a space shuttle these days... 400HP actually almost SEEMS like the type of stupid thing Honda MIGHT do, but I think even this one is too idiotic... By 2015 the Z06 will either have 600HP or will have been outlawed (or both) and the VIPER will be back. The supercar game now, more than ever, is almost not *worth* jumping into, but ESP not with an anemic offering

3) 100HP "power adder" from a hybrid... Er... this one makes the thing sound like an April fools gag! "a HYBRID POWER INJECTION!!!!!!!"

Mitsu just cancelled the EVO (the EVO! the *only* reason anyone has ever really cared that Mitsu exists) because it doesnt fit with their new "socially sensitive eco-conscious directives", the idiots in the EU are *banning* cars based on *length* and vehicle type in cities and the eco mafia in the US will start burning down McMansions and Suburbans pretty soon.

BMW and Fiat I accept as being willing to give a GIANT "f U!" to this trend... *HONDA*??? HELL no. What's going on at Honda is PARANOIA over how they can "out eco" Ford and Toyota.

Last edited:
Whoever thinks another NSX will be produced is just smoking crack. It's time to realize that the NSX has vanished like a fart in the wind.

lol This explains it!

My comments on Honda's direction from another thread...

Unfortunately Honda's passion died with Soichiro.

That which was already in the development pipeline was still produced however nothing of any interest has been developed since his death.

The company was taken over by a board of accountants!

One by one the cars have been dropped as the sales dropped because these cars were no longer being developed. These cars were the S2000 and the NSX. It took Porsche and Ferrari 10 years to catch up with the technology used in the NSX! And the S2000 stunned the world with its engine Technology that has never been equalled! However a board of directors had other ideas than spending money on R&D for class leading and ground breaking technologies.

Honda's Board of accountants even allowed it's F1 engineers to be snapped up by Ferrari when they pulled out after Soichiro's death in '92. Hence why they could never get it back together when they re-entered F1 with BAR. They lost their experience and lost those that shared Soichiro's passion.

Soichiro is dead... Honda is not dead, but they are just as good as dead being only a lifeless entity...

Do not expect anything from them ever again! They are followers now not leaders...

Who cares. If American Honda prices new cool cars anything like they price their newest and sometimes coolest motorcycles the new NSX will be over $150,000. and then you would start adding options and it might be $200,000. Can you believe a new Goldwing can be over $29,000.

... it is what it is, or there lack'off!

I'd easily welcome a potential "NSX" replacement, as it'd hold me off from a McLaren MP4-12C... if (ideally):

- 2015 model released in '14
- mid-engine NA V6 w/ 9k-redline & 400hp/300 ft-lbs + 100hp electric/KERS assist (heck, even a small-displacement turbo'd V6 would be ok, along w/ the added hybrid gusto)
- F1 trans' w/ LSD -or- SH-AWD
- max ~3,000 lbs curbside weight
- composite+alloy monocoque cell
- active aero, hydraulic suspension, launch/traction/sport control toggles
- angle-hinged doors (ala' HSC, Countach/Diablo/Murcielago/Aventador, F1/MP4-12C)
- styling similar to HSC (namely 458 Italia, Zonda/Huayra)
- 0-60mph in ~3.5s, 1/4mi in mid ~11s, top-speed 199mph
- starting MSRP ~$125k (as-equipped/delivered ~$150k out-the-door)

Save some ¥ & co-develop the 6-banger for use w/ the next gen' Legend/RL platform. Exclusive power-trains don't make dollars & sense!

Though, the most important point: what-when-who-where-why does Honda even have to build such a thing? I believe it's more plausible for Hyundai to do the aforementioned (or somewhat similar) in the next 3-5 years to show they've (kinda-sorta) arrived. But, if Honda re-entered F1 in '12 as an engine-supplier (for McLaren... :D) as FIA leans towards V6's - that would make a compelling point for such an offering!

Just my wish'list. And it's literally that, a wish! :cool:

Last edited:
Good one, AU NSX.
At this point, I'm starting to root for other manufacturers to make something NSX-esque. Come on, Hyundai! Or Kia! Or even, I don't know ... Come on, Tata!

Eh believe it or not they re-elected O'l jar head ( Ito ) for another term. The last we heard the NSX was supposed to have a spiritual successor so maybe this is it.

Makes sense as they only this year decided to have two sporty cars. Expect the front hybrid coupe well before then. That will be a V6 hybrid as well.

Hondas has been crying wolf on the NSX replacement since the 90's and has canceled them every time they had one. I mean seriously they had the HSC back in what 03 and it's taking them 11 years to add a hybrid to it:confused:

Eh believe it or not they re-elected O'l jar head ( Ito ) for another term. The last we heard the NSX was supposed to have a spiritual successor so maybe this is it.

Makes sense as they only this year decided to have two sporty cars. Expect the front hybrid coupe well before then. That will be a V6 hybrid as well.

Hondas has been crying wolf on the NSX replacement since the 90's and has canceled them every time they had one. I mean seriously they had the HSC back in what 03 and it's taking them 11 years to add a hybrid to it:confused:

Truly a pisser! Now what can we do but jump ship to what....a Porsche - well that ain't bad. I like the Cayman too and I love the 911 especially since they went to the DFI engines. Sad ain't it.

why jump ship? are you like Tiff Niddel and bored of the NSX now? :biggrin:

if i were to jump ship, Ferrari 360/ 430 (Scuderia), Porsche GT3 (RS), a RWD Lamborghini Gallardo (Balboni/ BiColore), McLaren F1

then again, i'm not really on the Honda ship, I just own an NSX and have no loyalty to the brand.

Truly a pisser! Now what can we do but jump ship to what....a Porsche - well that ain't bad. I like the Cayman too and I love the 911 especially since they went to the DFI engines. Sad ain't it.

Very sad. I do like the Cayman S but it would be an addition not a replacement to an NSX in my mind. Oddly though the Boxster/Cayman apparently has NSX reliability now.
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/porsche-boxster-scores-big-with-consumer-reports-2010-reliability-survey-ar98968.html

Although I still have trouble with Porsche being this reliable but I guess times have changed.

Regardless of rumors, if there is one in future development, let's hope they put in the same amount of work and enthusiasm into it as they did with the NSX. That was what made it so great... pure passionate automotive engineering.

I wish someone would just close down this section of the forums until real hard proof comes out. who knows Honda may do away with Acura, before they bring back a NSX, Honda may go under before they bring back the NSX... Just don't see it happening. When Honda did away with the S2k that was the last great sports car they had.

Latest Autoweek mentions in a sidebar:
-the new NSX [will] race. Honda is still figuring out however where, what type, and when that will be.
-will be priced competitively with the 911
-"in two years"

Back