• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX replacement in Autoweek

Here's what I think is happening. Honda probably has the car done already but they are being held up by constantly redesigning the powerplant/drivetrain to keep up with the INSANE amount of performance from its competitors.

Autoweek seems to be the most reputable source out of all the new NSX news. Everything they say seems to be accurate on one level or another.

Here's what I think is happening. Honda probably has the car done already but they are being held up by constantly redesigning the powerplant/drivetrain to keep up with the INSANE amount of performance from its competitors.

I don't doubt this.

I am surprised the new C7 weighs almost 3,500 lbs... After all of the weight saving I have been reading on it and this is what it weighs in?

I think it's rather subjective to use the word fun. Some people view fun as cheap and easy to drive fast/recklessly. Others view it as precise while powerful. Some view it as practical(easy to drive without annoyance) and refined. Obviously, the Edmunds writer prefers the car that is easier to spin out in or show off in. I have never taken Edmund's opinion to be highly reputable when it comes to sport cars, especially when they label the GTR as AWD when in fact it's 4WD. There is a difference in layout. It's like calling a RWD car a FWD car.

I am surprised the new C7 weighs almost 3,500 lbs... After all of the weight saving I have been reading on it and this is what it weighs in?

I think it's rather subjective to use the word fun. Some people view fun as cheap and easy to drive fast/recklessly. Others view it as precise while powerful. Some view it as practical(easy to drive without annoyance) and refined.

ahh damn, did you just say practical again?! :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

imagine how heavy the new Vette would have been without all those weight savings?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd easily welcome a potential "NSX" replacement, as it'd hold me off from a McLaren MP4-12C... if (ideally):

- 2015 model released in '14
- mid-engine NA V6 w/ 9k-redline & 500hp/300 ft-lbs + 100hp electric/KERS assist (heck, even a small-displacement turbo'd V6 would be ok, along w/ the added hybrid gusto)
- F1 trans' w/ LSD -or- SH-AWD
- sub ~3,000 lbs curbside weight
- composite+alloy monocoque cell
- active aero, hydraulic suspension, launch/traction/sport control toggles
- angle-hinged doors (ala' HSC, Countach/Diablo/Murcielago/Aventador, F1/MP4-12C)
- styling similar to HSC (namely 458 Italia, Zonda/Huayra)
- 0-60mph in ~3.5s, 1/4mi in mid ~11s, top-speed 199mph
- starting MSRP ~$125k (as-equipped/delivered ~$150k out-the-door)

Just my wish'list. And it's literally that, a wish! :cool:

a wish list indeed (i'm fully onboard with 2/3's of it with some slight alterations!), but i like how you're thinking mate... :smile:

Last edited:
Back