• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX/S2000 karting at Pats Acres - July 2nd, Sunday

Hi everyone!

One last deadline for $75 to officially RSVP your spot for the Pats Acres Karting Experience.

I need to have everyone's payment in by the end of May. Otherwise you will be placed on the waiting list. If I don't fill all the spots in May at least I'll have a month to reserve spots from other car clubs. Thanks and hope to see every one of you out on track!

Email me at [email protected] for payment info.

SaberX said:
:redface: Hey, did you get my PM about not being able to make this event? I'm totally bummed... I only have a small window of time for vacation this summer and I have to go back east and visit my family - which just ended up being this weekend. I sure hope to go next time!

Brian, here's the solution: Go go kart with us and then visit your family after nsxpo, your family is in FL right? see 1 stone kills 3 birds.....:tongue:

Bump to top, I think we should put event sticky to the top of the forum like s2ki does. 2 weeks to dead line and we still have more than half of the people haven't sent in the payment yet.:tongue:

Unfortunately, if I don't receive payment to reserve your spot I will need to start using "first come, first serve." Which, means I will have to open this up to the Ferrari club or something.

I would really like to keep this just for the NSX and S2000 club, but I want to make sure we have enough people to have teams and will show up for this.

Sorry about that! I am setting up an account right now... and getting my bank verified. Let's give this a try in a few days after I get confirmation from Paypal.

Hey, does anyone know why I can't edit the first post of this thread?

Is there a timeline on how long you can keep going back and adding new information?

This is going to be the new RSVP list since I can't seem to edit the original post:

1) Ferrand (NSXDreamer2) - Kart 3 - REGISTERED
2) Gary (POLAR) - Kart 3 - REGISTERED
3) La'Akea S. - Kart 2 - REGISTERED
4) Ryan H. - Kart 2 - REGISTERED
5) Morgan P. - Kart 5 - REGISTERED
6) Jackson (freelance201) - Kart 3 - REGISTERED
7) Jeanette P. - Kart 5 - REGISTERED
8) Jonathan - Kart 1 - REGISTERED
9) Andy - Kart 1 - REGISTERED
10) Lee M. - Kart 5 - REGISTERED
11) Johanna R. - Kart 5 - REGISTERED
12) Derek - Kart 1 - REGISTERED
13) Titaniumdave - Kart 4 - REGISTERED
14) Dan (96GoldNSX) - Kart 1 - REGISTERED
15) Jerry L. - Kart 6- REGISTERED
16) Paul Klas - Kart 6 - REGISTERED
17) Donn - Kart 1 - REGISTERED
18) George H. - Kart 6 - REGISTERED
19) Shahzad - Kart 6 - REGISTERED
20) Frankie - Kart 3 - REGISTERED
21) Kevin - Kart 4 - REGISTERED
22) Alain - Kart 4 - REGISTERED
23) Jsdude - Kart 3 - REGISTERED

Waiting List:
Ken (L5-S1NSX)
Mike Ruete
John (Zahntech)
Joe Blatner
Steve W

KART 1: Invisible Shadows
Jonathan, Andy, Derek, Donn, 96GoldNSX

KART 2: Team Siverts
Ananda, La'akea, Ryan H., Skunkwerk, MSRS2K

KART 3: Team NSX
NSXDreamer2, Polar, Freelance, Frankie, Jsdude

KART 4: Team Kansai Motorsports
TitaniumDave, Kevin, Alain, Kens2k, rdchalfont

KART 5: Team Acura of Portland
Morgan and Jeanette P., Lee M., Johanna R., PWRMKR

KART 6: Team Ninja
Jerry L., George H., Shahzad., Paul Klas, Homan.

KART 7: Team Karte Blanche
Manish, RT, Mike Garrison, Schmoe, Lig

KART 8: Team Grassy Ass
Jerry, Mira, 124Spider, David, Kenji

Last edited:
LAST DAY FOLKS!!!

After today, I have to start using a "first come, first serve" policy. Which means that if you haven't sent payment in to lock in your reservation then I will have to replace you with someone who has provided payment.

If you want to keep your reservation please send me a PM with your intentions of wanting to participate or not. If I don't hear from you then I will assume that you are not interested anymore.

This is going to be a great event! Don't miss out on this experience... people are still buzzing about the last time we did this and that was 2 years ago!

Either you can send me a cheque or you can use PayPal. Thanks!

Good job, NSX members!

You are the first to register all 20 club spots compared to the S2000 club!

We have just 5 more spots available, so there is still time to organize one more team before registration is closed for good. Let me know if you want to participate and a BIG thank you for all those who have registered for the event! This is going to be a great time and looking forward to racing with you guys...

NEW INFORMATION (Updated June 5th)

We have all 40 spots accounted and paid for! Thank you very for sending the payment in advance! This will help Pats Acres to process forms and payment and will let us organize ourselves for the 11am NSX/S2000 endur race.

First and most important: The enduro will start at 11am!!!!! That means we need to have everyone at the track at 10:00am to sign track forms, organize teams and answer questions! This is very, very important to be at the track at 10am!!!

As mentioned before, you can preview the track by purchasing a karting session before the enduro. That means you will probably want to be at the track at 9:30am to get the session in.

Some of you may want to head to Portland a little early on Saturday so you don't have to drive from Seattle so early in the morning. For myself, I am planning on getting a hotel room in Portland and finding a Saturday night waterhole. Of course, anyone is welcome to join me. PM me for details.

Also, feel free to organize your own caravan. Some of you may actually want to drive from Seattle to Pats Acres. A good meeting spot is the "Dead McHales" parking lot in Factoria. It has been used as a meeting spot in the past and has easy access to the freeway.

You still have time to organize a team. Just let me know who you want as team members and what your team name is. But don't worry about being a part of a team when you show up at Pats Acres. In order to speed up the process we'll have a random drawing of unassigned persons to create the remaining teams. There has been some conversations pertaining to switching karts halfway thru the race. However, the logistics of accomplishing that is too difficult to be worthwhile. Plus this will screw the timing people. And we don't want to do that!

If anyone else wants to RSVP for a spot I am going to require that you organize a team of 4 first. The track can accomodate up to 16 karts on the track and we have 10 right now. So, I can still take RSVPs for teams only. Thanks!

Remember, a BBQ is scheduled after the race and will cost $10.

Driving directions

I-5 Southbound to Canby-Hubbard exit(282 A), proceed 1.5 mile to first light(Arndt Rd.) turn left, go East 1.5 miles, track is on your left-look for sign.

I-5 Northbound to Donald-Aurora exit(278), turn right at stop sign (Ehlen Rd.) go east 1.5 miles to first light, turn left, go north 1.5 miles to next signal(Arndt Rd.) turn right, go east 1.5 miles, track is on your left-look for sign.

Map2.jpg

In order to expediate processing so we can have a quick driver's meeting at the track, I am going to randomly assign those who don't have a kart to a team.

Feel free to contact other teams if you want to be traded and let me know the results. Thanks!

PS. I chose some unflattering team names for some of you :) Of course, you can let me know if you want a different name.

just to bump this thread: :)
Hey, just wondering as we are only 3 weeks away... I want to know if people decide to caravan their nicer rides to the kart track, or thinking of carpooling and packed in one car??

Please Let me know what you guys think.

I was planning on being in Portland on Saturday night... but I've had a major change of plans lately and don't know what I am going to do.

I may be in Eugene that weekend and driving to Pats on Sunday. Or I may free up enough time to hang out with those who come early on Saturday.

I am going to generating some interest for any early birds who want to arrive in Portland before the event. Some Portland S2000 members wouldn't mind meeting up with us and offered this suggestion:

"One of the Portland members suggested McMenamins at Edgefield, which is 20 minutes East of Portland.

MeMenamins is a really nice pub and brewery, and the Edgefield facility also offers hotel rooms starting at $30 in addition to a golf course. If some of you want to spend an afternoon there we can get some golfing done and then start binge drinking at the pub to finish the night.

How does this sound?

They also offer "family" hotel rooms which can cut the cost to $25 per person.

Oh and they have wine tasting with live music in the winery."

http://www.mcmenamins.com/index.php?loc=3

Important Updates

I was thrown a curve ball on the number of available karts for our event. Due to a flood earlier this year Pats lost some karts and were trying to get us some new replacements. Unfortunately, they were able to get them in time for us.

So they have 8 available karts and 2 extra spares. I reorganized the teams to fit 5 members per team and inceased the enduro to a 2 1/2 hour race! Please make a note of your new team and the new members on your team.

Thanks!

2 1/2 hours:eek: :eek:

I'll bring my rib protector!! See you all on Sunday...

titaniumdave said:
2 1/2 hours:eek: :eek:

I'll bring my rib protector!! See you all on Sunday...

Dave, don't get too excited yet, you still have to share it with 4 other members in your team. :biggrin: Anyway, you still going to get half hour drive time.

Oh, now it will make pit-in strategy even more interesting... I would think 2 pit stop is mandatory now with 2.5 run time.

Hopefully the majority of you won't mind... but I am going to use $5 out of everyone's entrance fee to purchase some awards for after the race.

But let me know if you don't want your $5 to go to the award fund.

And just a reminder: :smile: Please be sure to be at the track by 10am for a driver's meeting! BBQ after the race for $10, though you may want to bring some water and a bite to eat because we'll be racing during the lunch hour.

Back