• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX scale models

man i really want one of those autoart models. but I need to buy a real NSX first so I can get the model color to match :)

New info from HPI:

Announcement of Precision Cast Model Car Division Withdrawal

Dear Customer,

First and foremost we would like to thank you for your support over the last 8 years. HPI has decided to withdraw from the Die-cast and Resin model car market. Global factors, including economic downturn and cost increases, have helped create a business atmosphere that is no longer financially lucrative. Our passion kept us driving through the challenges of the global market over the years, but the time has come where we must withdraw from the Die-cast and Resin car market. For this reason, we will not be making any new batches of product and will need to cancel all pre-orders for all un-released product. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Please see the attached spreadsheet for all canceled products.

We will still be selling our current inventory while we still have stock. If you are interested in this, please contact me immediately for the best selection. We will still be offering customer service on these products to make sure the experience of these fine products are fully enjoyed.

We hope that you have enjoyed our products and sense our reluctance to move on, as our passion for these model cars is something gained over many years in the business. HPI will focus our efforts going forward on the radio control side of the market.

Sincerely,

December 2013
Hobby Products International Inc.
70 Icon Street
Foothill Ranch
California 92610
USA

So get your fill of HPI 1/43 NSX models post haste. They'll be considered some of the best a mass manufacturer has produced.

how did the HPI models compare to the autoart NSX? given they're much smaller, i'm assuming less detail?

Less detail but not by much. The biggest differences are the functional aspects of the 1/18 AA model (opening doors, hood, engine hatch, etc).

how did the HPI models compare to the autoart NSX? given they're much smaller, i'm assuming less detail?

The HPI for it's small size has amazing detail. I have only one Autoart and it is the 1:18th 91 formula red NSX. The Autoart has much more detail than any other model that I have seen. It comes with a magnifying glass so you can read the writing on the oem stickers in the engine bay and front spare tire compartment. And on the interior even the buttons and knobs have the writing on them to designate there purpose. How they did that I'm not sure. Sorry it was hard to get good focus on the stickers in the pictures below but trust me with a magnifying glass you can clearly read them.

Attachments

• DSCN0172.jpg
    DSCN0172.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 199
Is there a place where u can buy parts for 1:18 scale models? I've been wanting to change some wheels on some of my models

that black model is sweeet! winner winner chicken dinner... sources appreciated!

I got the Auto Art red NSX-R for Christmas and then saw this thread, pretty cool.

My brother found this at a farmer's market. It's soap with an NSX inside of it. I'm not sure if it's a soap NSX or a metal one that the soap just distorted. Either way, I've never seen one before.

TSM just released their version of NSX 2.0 from the North American Auto Show. Complete with full interior. It's on ebay now and looks pretty good.

$_57.JPG

Wow- I'm so far behind, I need to update my collection-

keep posting pictures guys :)

Where the heck have you been, Romeo? ;)

Where did you find this? I need to buy this. It's the exact replica of my NSX.

Endless mining of Yahoo Japan auctions. They usually run $300-400 and pop up infrequently. It'd be easier, and probably more fulfilling, to buy an AutoArt example and modify it.

Yeah, I'm not sure where the seller the value but it'll be much less costly to just do it yourself. The 1/18 scale wheels are easily available as well (all over ebay and hobby shops).

Found one..

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w97174276

Ok.. these are Kyosho ones, which is much easier to replace the wheels than the Autoart ones. From what I have read wheels on autoart diecasts are almost impossible to remove without damaging the diecast.

Also Kyosho ones are no where as nice as the Autoart NSX. http://www.diecastxchange.com/forum...sxkyosho-vs-autoartits-not-even-a-fair-fight/

And per translation, the wheels do not rotate nor steer. :(

But on the plus side it looks like they lower it.

Back