• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Service in the Midwest?

Hey everybody, I'm a fairly new owner of a 1995 NSX (Midnight Pearl) with 100k miles and just trying to figure out where I should go for major service in the Midwest/Kansas area. Wanting to do the timing belt, water pump, crankshaft pulley change out, valve adjustment, etc. I've got an estimate from my local Acura dealer for the service but when they first responded they seemed somewhat unsure of what exactly an NSX even is which needless to say has me concerned about the quality of work that may result. They have a Honda Master Mechanic and claim he is perfectly capable of servicing my NSX as the Vtec engines are found in other cars they work on regularly (they confirmed for me though he has never worked on an NSX). What do you guys think...is this too risky to let my dealer do the work if they've never worked on an NSX or are the other engines they have experience working with going to be equivalent? Am I worrying about nothing? Anybody know an expert NSX mechanic in Kansas or reasonably close by I might consider instead? I've done some searching on here but no luck yet finding an expert nearby. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Many Thanks in advance! This has been a very useful forum to me so far!

Bought my car near KC the receipts are from Superior Acura for the last TB/WP change if that helps. There was possibliby a difference dealer before that I would have to check.

I talked to Scolfield Acura in wichita and they said they have seen a few not sure on what the exent of the service was thou.

This service won't be cheap and won't get cheaper if done by Acura

Were in KS are you?

Guy up here in Omaha that has been working on several NSXs. If your willing to drive that far north, I can give you his info. He does great work. 4 NSX owners in the area use him. He is doing my timing belt/WP, Valves, hoses etc in June when I get back in town.

I got lucky finding an experienced trained NSX tech who had moved to a local Honda dealer. They charged me the Honda dealership shop rate and wanted me to get my own parts, which I was certainly fine with. This dealer is east of St. Louis in O'Fallon, IL - probably too far for you. The whole TB/Tensioner/WP/Crank Pulley/Cam seals/Oil filter base gasket/AC and Alternator belts and the two main coolant hoses plus Honda coolant cost me about $845 in parts and $890 in labor - a hell of a lot less that the Acura dealer wanted for less work. Good luck with your search! BTW, I wouldn't let anyone touch this job who hasn't already done a few.

I am in the KC area and I take my car to Revline motors...downtown KCMO. I deal with Jeff. I don't think they do a ton of NSX's...but it is not a foreign object to them. They do have a lot of honda experience and honda hop up experience. I was going to have them do a tb/wp on mine when I bought it...but previous owner had it done in his home town before purchase.

They have done a main relay and coolant hose on one occasion. Recently Installed, rear beam, coilovers, new wheels...and all the compliance stuff. I am very happy with their level of service and knowledge. Price is very competitive too.

pm me if you have specific questions

It depends where in KS you're looking for an NSX mechanic.
It appears sippy2 has somebody locally there in KCMO.
Otherwise, I'm one of those who use the master technician mechanic who Nukem is referring to on his post, in Papillion, NE.
He is very knowledgeable and fair with his prices.
But that is a fair jaunt up North.
I'm planning to take mine in next spring for pretty much all the same service Nukem is having done in June.
I've had him work on my NSX as well and also my DD and have been very satisfied.
sippy2's suggestion is certainly closer. But if you have any questions feel free to pm Nukem (or myself, but he offered 1st).

Last edited:
Thanks everybody for all the responses!

Sounds like I need to talk to the gentleman in/near Omaha. Would like his contact information if someone has available.

I'm located in Hutchinson, KS so would be about a 4.5 hr. trip but sounds like he has the experience I'm seeking.

Thanks again!

I'm located in Hutchinson, KS so would be about a 4.5 hr. trip but sounds like he has the experience I'm seeking.
There's a mechanic with quite a bit of NSX experience in Tulsa, which would be closer than NE (225 miles vs 300). They're called Four Star Import. I know Ponyboy has used them extensively.

There's a mechanic with quite a bit of NSX experience in Tulsa, which would be closer than NE (225 miles vs 300). They're called Four Star Import. I know Ponyboy has used them extensively.

Those guys have literally saved me thousands of $$ and quite a bit of time. They're the only ones I trust with my NSX even now that it's decidedly not stock. They'd be at least worth a call: 918.610.0880.

Back