• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

nsx showcar build up part 1

What do you do for work in Japan? Are you originally from down under? Just curious, cause I would like my x-mas tree to look like that as well!

Working as an assistant teacher with great perks ;)

Yes, i'm Australian :)

Wait 'till you see my next update in september/october :D

Continuing the build follow up here's the tein suspension, (to be painted)

wNTM1OTE4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

various bits and pieces, the blue stuff is the kawagen front and rear tower bars in plastic wrapping.

wNTM1OTE2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

My new plasma tv has delayed the next few parts;

Next are the exhaust parts and headlights, then i can buy the damn car.

To be continued.....................:D

When you get to Japan and get that thing built you have to join Top End!

When you get to Japan and get that thing built you have to join Top End!

I'm already here ;) i'm a showcar guy not a racer ;)

Be careful on painting the dampers. The thread tolerances are set for anodize and very tight. Painting may not be a good idea.

Thanks for the advice i'll look into otherways of doing it :) I'll spread the word about sos once i'm on the show circuit.

AJ looking good mate! Can't wait for it on the car!

Oh yeah you wouldnt believe but they're using my car for the launch of Need for Speed Underground 2 next week ! Free EA games for a year! and I dont even play the damn thing I should sent you a copy!

btw, autosalon mag 1 year shipped to japan around $150.

Buy the car my friend....I want to see some of these parts going on a car. :D

If you're running out of room in your apartment, <B>Dippy</B> and his boys will come around and help "clean up" your apartment. :D

So now your lounge area is full, you have to store all those parts on your bed? You need the car AJ! BTW, nice to see you have a copy of GTA. ;)

ajnsx said:
The way its assembled is the secret, plus some stuff i won't mention yet ;), next update sept/oct, thanks for the comments :)
Aaron J.

Let me guess!!! hmmmm sounds like you are molding all the body pieces together so your car will look one-piece? that would be really cool. But anyway, as your signature says "asthetic king" LONG LIVE THE KING! MUCH PROPS

Gee i think the boys have better pay you a couple of visits by the look of it all. Keep bringing it on. But remember when you buy the actual car it has to be BLACK. keep posting man.

BTW hows the plasma?

Let me guess!!! hmmmm sounds like you are molding all the body pieces together so your car will look one-piece

Assembly is the one thing that i'm keeping to myself it'll be worth the wait :D

Is that soon-to-be-bad-ass NSX comming down under? Would like to see that thing assembled.

Eventually it'll be back in Oz i want to do the show circuit here (Japan) before i bring it back. I'll have to talk to NSXBOX see what i can arrange :D Still some things i have to buy, but most of the other stuff can wait 'till i get the car.

If you're running out of room in your apartment, Dippy and his boys will come around and help "clean up" your apartment.

I'm sure they would be only to happy to relieve my burden, NEO!
My bed is surrounded by car parts also. Have to do a leap of faith everytime i go to bed! Yeah everybody should own gta. Just ordered JUICED can't wait to mess around with the nsx :p

I could let you use my car for all those mods

That would work if i could keep your car :p

Buy the car my friend....I want to see some of these parts going on a car

I'm workin on it!

AJ looking good mate! Can't wait for it on the car!

Thanks, hope you post up some pics of your car from the launch! Is the nsx in part 2?

Gee i think the boys have better pay you a couple of visits by the look of it all. Keep bringing it on. But remember when you buy the actual car it has to be BLACK. keep posting man.

Reminder to self; bigger locks on doors! The car is being sprayed my signature custom colour, so no black unfortunately! The plasma tv (sony wega 32) is great, i've rewatched all my DVD's the difference is amazing. Especially on newer titles such as matrix, blade, lord of the rings. Just didnt realise how heavy they are, it weighs a ton!

Next updates, January :D

ajnsx, i know that you put some of the prices on the beginning of the thread, but do you mind I'm asking how much the total you have spend now ? i heard a lil bit about you from nsxbox and neonsx about you are building nsx show car, can't wait to see . . . . . . . .

cheers

ajnsx, i know that you put some of the prices on the beginning of the thread, but do you mind I'm asking how much the total you have spend now ? i heard a lil bit about you from nsxbox and neonsx about you are building nsx show car, can't wait to see

The cost has kind of escalated (doesn't it always) I have lost count of all the small stuff, i added most of the stuff up. It would be getting close to $20,000 australian i guess. I still have wheels, labour for painting/stereo/mechanical stuff to think about it too. Add the car price around $20,000 the finished product would be getting close to $60,000. Then i'll see if a supercharger/big brake kit is on the list (another $14,000 or so) Costly hobby!

so u r thinking of getting the nsx ~ 92 mod, don't you think late 95 its better with drive by wire one, since you already spend so much on those stuff, but i really dunno is that much different between drive by wire and not by wire, maybe you can explain it to me ajnsx, thanks

so u r thinking of getting the nsx ~ 92 mod, don't you think late 95 its better with drive by wire one, since you already spend so much on those stuff, but i really dunno is that much different between drive by wire and not by wire, maybe you can explain it to me ajnsx, thanks

Not thinking, getting a 94 or below. I don't like targa's so they're out and any later the cost just doesnt justify a thirteen year old car, for me anyway. The earlier models are cheap enough now that i consider them a bargain. I'm a poor guy just scrapin' along to build the car of my dreams thats all.

As for your technical questions you'd be much better asking the likes of nxstasy for an explanation. I'm sure he could answer your questions better than i(most) could! :) Also try a search before the prime nazi gets you!

NSXsan said:

I'm sure it has to be in the FAQ somewhere, but a super simplified explanation is basically that throttle by wire means that the throttle is electronically governed whereas a traditional throttle is purely mechanical (like pedal, connects to cable, etc. rather than pedal connects to sensor which is connected to electronics that make a decision).

spookyp said:
I'm sure it has to be in the FAQ somewhere, but a super simplified explanation is basically that throttle by wire means that the throttle is electronically governed whereas a traditional throttle is purely mechanical (like pedal, connects to cable, etc. rather than pedal connects to sensor which is connected to electronics that make a decision).

I know all about that, but what I wanna know is how responsive and etc . . .
anyway thanks, please keep this thread on track again, no need to discuss it anymore, sorry ajnsx . . . . .

NSXsan said:
I know all about that, but what I wanna know is how responsive and etc . . .
anyway thanks, please keep this thread on track again, no need to discuss it anymore, sorry ajnsx . . . . .

No worries ;)

update in dec/jan

Back