• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX sightings in Torrance (specifically Cho Dang restaurant)

Okay, just when I thought I'd stop posting about NSX sightings, I couldn't resist mentioning the events of Saturday, August 31, 2002.

I had just finished eating at Cho Dang when someone in an early model white NSX (black top, original OEM rims) pulled up right in front of the restaurant. As my wife and I were in a rush to leave, I didn't say anything to the owner...but it looked as though the NSX was a recent purchase so I wanted to welcome the owner to the community.

I returned to my NSX (which was parked at the far end of the parking lot) and headed out. Made a right on to Hawthorne Blvd (heading south) and travelled not even a block when an early model red NSX (black top) passed going the other direction as I prepared to make a u-turn. The owner waved and I just smiled back (this all happened so quickly that I couldn't return the wave).

After pulling the u-turn, I headed home north on Hawthorne Blvd and passed another early model red NSX (black top) going in the opposite direction (I think it was another one...but I didn't get a good look at the owner in either case).

Finally, after returning to my home in Marina del Rey, I swapped cars to my Civic after and passed a black NSX turning on to Glencoe from Mindanao Way.

Geez...four NSXs sightings in one day (three in Torrance after saying I hardly come across NSXs there) and, as far as I know, no NSX events had been planned in the area! What are the chances???

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 03 September 2002).]

Like I said Eric, L.A. is THE NSX capital of the world!!!
wink.gif

AKira,
The NSX you saw on Hawthorne Blvd. was my car!!! I was going down on Hawthorne on Sat. and saw you waiting at the light for a turn. That must be you. I waved too! Cho-Dang, is that the Tofu resuturant near the bowling alley? I go there often, perhaps lets go together next time.
JACK

So, jackmac, we finally crossed paths!

Cho-Dang, is that the Tofu resuturant near the bowling alley?

Yup! That's the place. My wife only discovered it within the past few months and absolutely loves their food...so we have started going there somewhat frequently. If I had my choice, I'd never bring my NSX into that bowling alley's parking lot...but it seems that we're almost always in the NSX when Valerie gets a craving to eat tofu soup.

Yeah, maybe one of these days we should plan to meet there. I'm sure my wife wouldn't mind!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 06 September 2002).]

Akira,
Your car is absoluetly beautiful!! Nice and clean, period. Were you wearing glasses at that time (correct me if I am wrong).
Cho Dang is a nice resturant, the food is great. However, it can get pretty crowded at times. And when my family and I go there, we always take the accord. Drove my car there once to get a haircut (same plaza) and people from the bowling alley rushed out to check out the car. Yes, mostly teenagers. Have you seen the new 02 yellow NSX displaying outside Payton/Cramer Acura? Truely amazing car! Let me know when is a good time, lets grab some more onwers and go for a little drive next time!
JACK

Saw one last night in Gardena. It was at a new resturant called Happa. It's located in the New Gardena Hotel on Redondo Beach Blvd. There just south of Western accross from the Carrows. They have Japanese/American food hince the name HAPPA. Great specials at affordable prices. No worries when it comes to parking your car, it's covered parking and gated, Oh I forgot free when you mention your eating at Happa. I had Chicken Teriaki,Shrimp Tempura and Japanese Short Ribs. Cheers
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Originally posted by Wadasan:
Saw one last night in Gardena. It was at a new resturant called Happa. It's located in the New Gardena Hotel on Redondo Beach Blvd. There just south of Western accross from the Carrows. They have Japanese/American food hince the name HAPPA. Great specials at affordable prices. No worries when it comes to parking your car, it's covered parking and gated, Oh I forgot free when you mention your eating at Happa. I had Chicken Teriaki,Shrimp Tempura and Japanese Short Ribs. Cheers
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

I thought the word 'happa' is spelled with ONE "P", non (as in French)?
Okay so sue me for being so anal!
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by jackmac:
Zandari,
Correct me if I am wrong....you do live in Arcadia right? I go to Montery Park every once a while, perhaps we have chance to meet up?
JACK

Sure thing! Si ('00 Silver-T) lives in Monterey Park, 5inchfatlip (Leo) and Medusa (Linh) also lives nearby (sort of). We usually hang out Thur. nights, work or other "important" responsibilities permitting. If you are free this Thur. call me at 626-592-0185 )(cell) .
Hope to hear from ya soon !
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 09 September 2002).]

Your car is absoluetly beautiful!! Nice and clean, period. Were you wearing glasses at that time

Thanks...I try to keep her looking like the day I drove her off the showroom floor (wish it TRULY looked that way, but I can't complain).

And yes, I do wear glasses.

And when my family and I go there, we always take the accord.

Smart.

Have you seen the new 02 yellow NSX displaying outside Payton/Cramer Acura?

Yes. That car has been there quite some time. When I brought my NSX there for an oil change a couple of months back, I circled the '02 NSX a couple of times and still couldn't help but criticize the look of the new front end and side appendages (the salespeople must have loved that). The facelift simply doesn't work for me.

Let me know when is a good time, lets grab some more onwers and go for a little drive next time!

Plenty of stuff happening in September as is. Canyonball...PV Concours...two club dinner meetings...what more could you ask for?
biggrin.gif

Hey Bill, I was in my NSX in Monterey Park back in mid-August to go to dinner at Harbor Village and was surprised to see that their name had changed (we ended up eating at Ocean Star due to a wedding banquet having taken over the entire restaurant). I was wondering if the they changed owners (with Empress in the title, I started wondering if they're now owned by the same owners as the Empress Pavilion and Sea Empress).

I used to go to Chinatown and Monterey Park a lot for dim sum and dinner when I was attending (and living near) USC...miss having so many great Chinese food choices within a short drive of home. Haven't found a good Chinese Restaurant in Marina del Rey...

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 09 September 2002).]

Znadari:
Are you going to attend the meeting this Thursday at NSX modified? If not, I am thinking of heading over to Montery Park after the meeting....not sure yet, but will let you know if I am going there.

Akira:
There are couple good Chinese resturants here in Torrance. My family and I usually go to the two Chinese resturants on PCH (not sure what's the name of the resturant) for dim sum on weekeneds. If you want, I will find out the phone number for you. Where do you usually "hang out" in Torrance.
JACK

this thursday's meeting is at a different location in el segundo, a restaurant called 'the proud bird' if i am not mistaken, it came out on the list. Correct me if i am wrong with the above. Let me know if anyone needs more info.

[This message has been edited by SilverOne (edited 10 September 2002).]

SilverOne:
I thought the meeting is at NSX modified this Thursday? Maybe the dinner after the meeting is at El Segundo....I will go to NSX modified tommorow to get the details. Are you showing up this Thursday?
JACK

I am planning on going, thought it was 7p at el segundo. I didn't see the meeting notice on the list email at nsx modified this thursday.

looking forward to meet some X addicts.

I didnt see anything on the list either..
If its not there, dont know if I can make it...have to get some coolant hoses replaced at NSX that night anyway...can someone post detials and address on that restaurant?

Originally posted by 5inchfatlip:
I didnt see anything on the list either..
If its not there, dont know if I can make it...have to get some coolant hoses replaced at NSX that night anyway...can someone post detials and address on that restaurant?

If anyone is interested in the details of the restaurant. Let me know. E-mail me and I will forward you the letter with all the details.

[email protected]

My family and I usually go to the two Chinese resturants on PCH (not sure what's the name of the resturant) for dim sum on weekeneds.

I'm sure I already go to the same place you're talking about for dim sum, but I too don't know the name. Isn't it in Lomita on Pacific Coast Highway? I've been known to take my NSX there as well...but parking on weekends can be a problem (and I don't want to park my NSX in the neighboring grocery market's parking lot).

As for the other one, find out what it is called.

I grew up in South Torrance. When I was younger, my parents and I used to frequent the now closed Szechwan Restaurant (the one that was near Cho Dang).

On a somewhat related note, I'm bringing my NSX to the America's Tires on Hawthorne Blvd this Friday morning to get a fresh set just in time for Canyonball.

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 10 September 2002).]

Originally posted by akira3d:
I'm sure I already go to the same place you're talking about for dim sum, but I too don't know the name. (edited 10 September 2002).]

I believe we are refering to Regal Seafood. It is on Lomita blvd. next to that mobil gas station.

ive been there a couple of times. i went to bishop montgomery for high school. class of 95!!!!

Khuzee:
Yeah, that is the name of the place....Regal seafood, next to the gas station. So you are living in Torrance now?

AKIRA:
My family and I used to go to the resturant you are referring to (the one by Cho dung). I remember I was 6 year old that time!! Things have definately changed.

Sol. Cal NSX owners...FYI....I spotted a Imola Orange 2002 NSX this afternoon (2:20 pm) on PCH heading towards the 110 N. ABSOLUETLY BEAUTIFUL!!! I wonder if he is a member of this forum?!?
JACK

Originally posted by jackmac:
Khuzee:
Yeah, that is the name of the place....Regal seafood, next to the gas station. So you are living in Torrance now?
JACK

Jack,

I am in hawthorne, but i grew up in the south bay area. know the city like the back of my hand. what part of torrance are you from? north, south, west? we should roll sometime.

khue
[email protected]

I am located in the Riverside area, I would like to meet up with other NSX enthusiast such as myself, where does everyone meet up?

[email protected]

I am located in the Riverside area, I would like to meet up with other NSX enthusiast such as myself, where does everyone meet up?

[email protected]

I believe we are refering to Regal Seafood

Yes, that's definitely the place. Regal Palace. Decent dim sum...but probably the best in the South Bay.

Khue, I went to South High...Class of 1990...you're making me feel old
biggrin.gif

Back