• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX sightings in Torrance (specifically Cho Dang restaurant)

Originally posted by akira3d:
Yes, that's definitely the place. Regal Palace. Decent dim sum...but probably the best in the South Bay.

Khue, I went to South High...Class of 1990...you're making me feel old
biggrin.gif

Akira, Jack & whoever wants to come,

We should all meet up one morning for Dim Sum. It doesnt matter where, it can be in the south bay, chinatown, alhambra/monterey park, Orange county. it would be awesome if 5 or more NSXs showed up at any restaurant, maybe they would let us eat for free???...haha

SONSX-
THere isnt really a normal time anyone meets up around here...we basically go by the events that happen...such as the Concours and Canyonball this upcoming weekends...sometimes we get together to cruise, others for canyon runs, and also to go to NSX Mod. to hang out on the weekends..just keep your eyes open and post around here alot and youll end up meeting alot of us sooner or later.

Yes, that's definitely the place. Regal Palace. Decent dim sum...but probably the best in the South Bay.

Khue, I went to South High...Class of 1990...you're making me feel old
biggrin.gif
Eric, who are you kidding? So Pasadena High, Class of 89! Go Tigers!! (GROWWLL!)
biggrin.gif

I guess you can all call me "senpai" from now on and bow (kow-tow preferred) to me next time we meet up!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 11 September 2002).]

Hey Bill, I was in my NSX in Monterey Park back in mid-August to go to dinner at Harbor Village and was surprised to see that their name had changed (we ended up eating at Ocean Star due to a wedding banquet having taken over the entire restaurant). I was wondering if the they changed owners (with Empress in the title, I started wondering if they're now owned by the same owners as the Empress Pavilion and Sea Empress).

Eric,

I'm trying to think back where and when I last dined at Harbor Village/Ocean Star Restaurant. If I'm not mistaken, are you referring to the one on the corner of Garvey and Atlantic? If so then that restaurant has great food and a heck of a price too. I was invited to dine there by my friend Steve (the fella that rode with me-the navigator-on the last Canyon run back in June) for his B-day party a few months back......

CONTINUED-
......If anything, that restaurant's name change can either indicate that there had been a bulk transfer (ie, the restaurant was sold to the new owner), or same owner; just a legal name change suggested by their lawyer to keep the IRS AND their creditors/vedndors off their backs (believe me, Chinese business owners are bad bookeepers as well as unethical businesspeople!). My 18 years experience in the Chinese restaurant supply biz had shown me that smaller fastfood joints pay their bills (AND on time too) than big fancy restaurants that can't generate enough revenue to pay off their huge overheads and file bankruptcy at whim, esp. in times like these, when the foodservice sector of our economy is at its weakest....

Also Eric, if you're ever at Bamboo Plaza for Dim Sum at Empress Pavillion, please pay a visit to NeotypeStation across the walkway right next to the escalator on 2nd floor. Steve, my navigator at last canyon run, is the store owner and he can cut you some really good deals on all Anime merchandises and scale kits (including Tamiya NSX kit too)! Just refresh his memory a bit about who you are and I'll promise you'll get a great deal!
smile.gif

BTW, Empress Pavillion's Dim Sums = ICHIBAN DESU !!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by jackmac:
Znadari:
Are you going to attend the meeting this Thursday at NSX modified? If not, I am thinking of heading over to Montery Park after the meeting....not sure yet, but will let you know if I am going there.
JACK

Jack, I can't make it this week, as I will have some midnight oil to burn at the office for this week and the next. Sorry about that.
frown.gif

Try e-mailing Si, 5inchfatlip (Leo), and Medusa (Linh) and see if they're free to hook up this Thur. Hopefully everything works out great for you guys.
Have fun Jack, and I hope to meet up with you very soon.
smile.gif

Regards,
Bill

Khuzee:
I acutally live near rolling hills estate. Very close to the AMC theater. I think it would be a great idea if we all could meet up. Eat some good food and have a short drive. I have to go out of state for 2 weeks, so plz wait for me!!!

So far I have only met Leonard...thats about it. I really want to get to know more NSX owners.
JACK

ok- everyone here looks like we need to get together...how about this to fulfill our speed craze...there is an open track event at willow springs...Oct.9th...www.opentrackracing.com
I missed the last event and want to make it with some fellow owners....anyone up for it...only a little over $100. let me know and we can all go, but will have to take a beloved day off from our favorite jobs..

I may be in the Monterey park/san gabriel area this sunday morning, seems like quite a few of you are from that area. Is there enough interest to come out, we can meet for some good dim sum around that area. Provided that parking will not be a problem for several NSXs (my #1 concern)
smile.gif

please pay a visit to NeotypeStation across the walkway right next to the escalator on 2nd

How long has that been there? I don't recall any anime stores during my last visit to Empress Pavilion (mmmmm...getting hungry thinking about their dim sum)!

How long has that been there? I don't recall any anime stores during my last visit to Empress Pavilion (mmmmm...getting hungry thinking about their dim sum)!

The store's been there (Neotype Station) since Jan. 2000. It's right next to the escalator to the left of the dim sum pickup

Lot of things we have in common here! I go to Monterey Park/Arcadia area almost once a week to meet up with friends and eat!

I live in Palos Verdes. Eric, I also attended USC for undergrad.

When I was at South Bay Acura for service there was also a red '02 that was in for service. It already has sequential plates for the car. The facelift doesn't appeal to me either.

Zanardi 50, I've heard alot about you! Especially from my friend Steven who works at a chiropractic clinic that you frequently go to. Maybe we'll meet one day.

Gotta go to luch now,

Ryan

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

Originally posted by RyRy210:

Zanardi 50, I've heard alot about you! Especially from my friend Steven who works at a chiropractic clinic that you frequently go to. Maybe we'll meet one day.

Gotta go to luch now,

Ryan

Hi Ryan! Boy I'd never figured you're the NSX driving friend Steve's been talking about. I've read your posts here for a very long time now and and never have figured it was you all along!
smile.gif
We should definitely hook up one of these days, along with Si and a few others here in our neck of the woods. Just let me know when okay?
smile.gif

BTW did you go to the Proud Bird meet on Thur. night? I've heard from Si that it was a blast. Unfortunately for me I wasn't able to make it to the gathering. If it's not too late, there's a Cal-Coastal meeting on 9-14 that you might be interested in attending. Oh wait, it's already 9-14! Never mind...
smile.gif

I'll b c-ing ya!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by SilverOne:
I may be in the Monterey park/san gabriel area this sunday morning, seems like quite a few of you are from that area. Is there enough interest to come out, we can meet for some good dim sum around that area. Provided that parking will not be a problem for several NSXs (my #1 concern)
smile.gif

I'd love to go, but I don't get off work on Sun. until after 2:30pm. When do you plan on going and which restaurant do you have in mind?

Back