• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX SoCal Monthly Meeting August 6th

Your math looks great, but ProSpeed actually dyno'd, to the hub, about 268.

FWIW, I am 99.9% sure the 268 was with H/I/E and a prospeed chip....none of these will help with the turbo application as they are effectivly removed for the turbo

even with the 268 hub... the math still doesnt work. in the formula i posted, we used the 275 number as a wheel number...not the crank number. So...even if they did make the 268 to the hub...it would actually make my point stronger.

Last edited:
FWIW, I am 99.9% sure the 268 was with H/I/E and a prospeed chip....none of these will help with the turbo application as they are effectivly removed for the turbo

even with the 268 hub... the math still doesnt work. in the formula i posted, we used the 275 number as a wheel number...not the crank number. So...even if they did make the 268 to the hub...it would actually make my point stronger.

meh, that's true. But some how he was able to get 400 rwhp. Just to be safe though, maybe going to a different dyno to verify his results is in order?

meh, that's true. But some how he was able to get 400 rwhp. Just to be safe though, maybe going to a different dyno to verify his results is in order?

i never said it was wasnt possible...just that there would have to be help, or adders (meth,noz,ice) a different dyno could do it but i dont think they would do that...anyway the dynapaks (what they are using in the pic) are great dyno's

I can assure you there were no adders. I've seen a few other NSX's on here getting close to 400 at around 6lbs of boost and defy the math. It's possible. You also have to account the difference between dyno's as well. Some dyno's will show 10+ more hp than another. I've dynoed on the dynojet (R&D) and dynapak (bisi's) and seen only a 5 hp difference. I will welcome anyone to come down and watch me do a dyno run with the boost that I am running.:smile: No adders or tricks. Bisi is also a very respected tuner will tell you that I am putting that kind of power at that boost.

...anyway the dynapaks (what they are using in the pic) are great dyno's

unfortunately, a well known dyno shop in Long Beach uses dynapaks which were known to be either out of calibration or drivetrain losses/wheel calculations were off, which caused higher than normal dyno readings.

But I do agree that dynapaks are great dyno's if maintained properly. They don't involved destroying the garage floor or permanently taking up one stall. Very portable and easy to use. The only drawback is the setup, but it doesn't take too long.

Re: Pics (finally) from NSX SoCal Monthly Meeting August 6th

As the saying goes, better late than never. Sorry I procrastinated about getting around to this. At least I've been busy performing some DIY tasks on my NSX. :biggrin:

Pics from August 6 SCA meet...

IMG_3255.jpg

IMG_3256.jpg

IMG_3257.jpg

IMG_3258.jpg

IMG_3259.jpg

IMG_3262.jpg

IMG_3263.jpg

IMG_3264.jpg

IMG_3267.jpg

IMG_3268.jpg

IMG_3269.jpg