• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Sold in Canada by year

I have the orginal bill of sale for my '91. It was sold in Dec. 1990.
The orginal owner paid $20K over list.

'95 000374 from Portland, OR. Formula Red with Black. Judging by the info from Honda Canada I have a very rare color combo for our country.

Peter

^ So in going back to the chart for 1 more look I see that I was looking as NEW Formula Red when I said I had a rare color in Canada, sigh. It seems that when I look at the numbers for Formula Red I become very mundane!

Peter

I love the Welcome to the New World ads. They ran in conjunction to the amazing ad showing the old Italian men sitting in Modena/Maranello/wherever and the NSX rolls by and they're all confused that it wasn't a Ferrari :)

A patient of mine gave me a French version of the pull out ad. Based on what the company has turned into, it's almost unbelievable at one time they built and marketed something as incredible as the NSX.

I heard there was a TV commercial for this add. Does anyone know where this can be seen? I looked on Youtube, but nothing....

I imported a 1991 numbered 732.

I also imported a 1991 numbered 332.

With all the Commercial talk, it would be awesome if we could get a consolidation of all the NSX commercials ever filmed from all the different countries from Honda.

Maybe we could suggest that for the 25th anniversary, to dig into the Honda media archives and scan the film footage in HD! :biggrin:

Out of curiosity does anyone know if the number 8 right after the MT in the VIN indicates the car was destined for Canada? I've noticed that most cars in the States typically have a 0 after the transmission designation and Canadian cars seem to have an 8.

Out of curiosity does anyone know if the number 8 right after the MT in the VIN indicates the car was destined for Canada? I've noticed that most cars in the States typically have a 0 after the transmission designation and Canadian cars seem to have an 8.

Correct...
The "8" in the 6th least significant digit designates a Canadian Honda/Acura.

I also imported a 1991 numbered 332.

With all the Commercial talk, it would be awesome if we could get a consolidation of all the NSX commercials ever filmed from all the different countries from Honda.

Maybe we could suggest that for the 25th anniversary, to dig into the Honda media archives and scan the film footage in HD! :biggrin:

Bringing this back from the dead, I just noticed lithiumus that you mentioned you imported a 1991 numbered 332??? Was this a canadian car that you brought back in to Canada? Can you tell me more about this car in pm?

why huge drop after 1995? "Canada does not do targa " :)

Acura never provided anymore than those numbers. You can't sell what you do t have. The custom order program may have never made it to Canada.

Canada is typically a 10% market compared to the U.S. These numbers are even smaller than that.

Price had the biggest impact on the sale of the NSX from 1995, going from $110k to $142$ thru to 2005.

Bram

Agreed price hikes plus by 96 the car was 5 years old...and Honda was only in the business of minor tweaks and cosmetics until the NSXs demise. It seemed by that late 90s era they just weren't really into the "sports" side of the market. S2000 seemed to wither on the vine also which is interesting when you see how long Mazda has had the Miata going.

I don't think they only made 442 for Canada in 1991, as my Canadian 1991 ends in 800443. Unless it was a fluke extra car I got! :)

I don't think they only made 442 for Canada in 1991, as my Canadian 1991 ends in 800443. Unless it was a fluke extra car I got! :)
That list is cars sold, not built. Some 1991 cars could have been sold in 1992. Do you have the original bill of sale?

I heard there was a TV commercial for this add. Does anyone know where this can be seen? I looked on Youtube, but nothing....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OO7g76sxom0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That list is cars sold, not built. Some 1991 cars could have been sold in 1992. Do you have the original bill of sale?
Ah, gotcha. I think that's long gone... I could dig at home and see if I have anything that resembles it...

There were 2 pre-production Canadian cars built. If these had VIN numbers or even partial VIN's (less than 17 digits), it is possible that the first real production cars did not start at 800001. So this being said, the 442nd car produced for model year 1991 may have a slightly higher VIN number.

Back