• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Splitter Designs

Jeff - you guys do some really nice work. I think I bought stuff from you in the past...

I would agree that with the very shallow depth and angle of your front diffuser, it would probably be difficult to feel. Your rear diffuser and flat bottom looks really nice but my only question would be why have 2 individual tunnels instead of one larger one that starts earlier?

My goal is to make a front diffuser about the size of your rear (or the size of the last picture in the original post).

Jeff - you guys do some really nice work. I think I bought stuff from you in the past...

I would agree that with the very shallow depth and angle of your front diffuser, it would probably be difficult to feel. Your rear diffuser and flat bottom looks really nice but my only question would be why have 2 individual tunnels instead of one larger one that starts earlier?

My goal is to make a front diffuser about the size of your rear (or the size of the last picture in the original post).

Billy, The tunnel was split in two halves due to the center exit tail pipes and some clearance issues for the exhaust itself.
I'd like to see your ideas on the front diffuser you are thinking of. That would be interesting. My set up would be considered almost neutral but I could see how you could get much more down force from a more aggressive set up.

I could. I would need the car to develop the parts. That body kit is very rare and there is no supporting information in it.

That can be arranged!! It will be a little while before I get the kit put on, but wow, having your under tray would be amazing! Sorry to hijack the op's thread.

It's not a hijack when the thread itself was made for this discussion. I think i'll be going with a CA-local builder who made those S2000 parts (if anyone else likes the direction that i'm going) but I like hearing other people and vendor's inputs and ideas too.

I dunno Billy, I believe this thread will prove to be very beneficial to those selling variable suspension setups! lol Happy New Year everyone!

WCCorvetteDiffusedSplitter.jpg

I really like the look of the splitter. Two questions;

Would it mount up without any drilling or cutting to the chassis?

Is the price mandatory at $1000? A one time purchase is fine, but splitters take a huge beating at the track. Replacements is why most people outside of the 1%ers tend to use plywood or sheet metal cut to the desired shape. Cheap to replace yet still functional.

I'm in for the flat (w/o diffuser) one. Do they need a front lip to trace the shape of the base arc? I have a new one lying around that I could bring to the guys if they are in SoCal.

My best suggestion would be to develop 2 styles. a flat "street" version for us who don't get to track our cars much (as 9Doors and I would obviously prefer) and then a 2nd "race" version with the diffusers built in.

just my .02. Either way I'd want a front and the sides... for the rear I'm kind of set on the Difflow for now, but that could change depending on what this develops into.

I just have a feeling that if you had a flat version with less modification necessary to mount it, more people would hop on it in a heartbeat. I understand wanting everything to be as functional as possible - but at the end of the day a small percentage REALLY worry about that. Most will do it for looks and may be indifferent about the benefit from the added effect on the few days they truly put it to the test, in my opinion anyway. I'd love one to use for full out track days, but where I'm at, it is highly unlikely I'll see very many so a "street" version would be fine by me.

I dunno Billy, I believe this thread will prove to be very beneficial to those selling variable suspension setups! lol Happy New Year everyone!
?

I really like the look of the splitter. Two questions;

Would it mount up without any drilling or cutting to the chassis?

Is the price mandatory at $1000? A one time purchase is fine, but splitters take a huge beating at the track. Replacements is why most people outside of the 1%ers tend to use plywood or sheet metal cut to the desired shape. Cheap to replace yet still functional.
1,000 would likely be fore the above diffused splitter while ~650 for the flat non diffused splitter. The design goals would be no drilling or cutting into the chassis. A quality carbon splitter is a lot stronger than plywood/alumilite/etc... While considered wear items for race teams, they probably wont be as low as and bottom out as often as a real racecar. Damage from going off the track is always a concern but the tradeoff of having a splitter to begin with.

I'm in for the flat (w/o diffuser) one. Do they need a front lip to trace the shape of the base arc? I have a new one lying around that I could bring to the guys if they are in SoCal.
I'm going to try to get them my car soon.

My best suggestion would be to develop 2 styles. a flat "street" version for us who don't get to track our cars much (as 9Doors and I would obviously prefer) and then a 2nd "race" version with the diffusers built in.

just my .02. Either way I'd want a front and the sides... for the rear I'm kind of set on the Difflow for now, but that could change depending on what this develops into.

I just have a feeling that if you had a flat version with less modification necessary to mount it, more people would hop on it in a heartbeat. I understand wanting everything to be as functional as possible - but at the end of the day a small percentage REALLY worry about that. Most will do it for looks and may be indifferent about the benefit from the added effect on the few days they truly put it to the test, in my opinion anyway. I'd love one to use for full out track days, but where I'm at, it is highly unlikely I'll see very many so a "street" version would be fine by me.
There can be as many styles as you want. Wasp Composites can cut a splitter to any length (for street or track) or bumper shape out there.

My goal is for a splitter to mount/dismount easily and quickly by just jacking up the car (once the brackets are installed). For me, i'd unbolt it for street use then bolt it on for track use. For those just wanting the looks, they can have one made that does not stick out as long.

Very wicked setup indeed. Slightly offtopic, is there a reason for the pusher fans vs the standard setup? Are they to work with the huge center duct?
This was my design for the Sorcery front end. The center opening on the underside goes back about 8" then goes up to create a slight vacuum. I spent some time calculating the advantage of that to a flat splitter. I really didn't "feel" much of a difference.
495sm.jpg

My goal is for a splitter to mount/dismount easily and quickly by just jacking up the car (once the brackets are installed). For me, i'd unbolt it for street use then bolt it on for track use.

Exactly what I'm looking for. :biggrin:

Very wicked setup indeed. Slightly offtopic, is there a reason for the pusher fans vs the standard setup? Are they to work with the huge center duct?

The back side of the radiator has no room due to the ducting through the hood.

This one has been dormant for a bit. Any update from the WASP Composite guys?

Hey Billy can the splitter have the side plate design out by the wheel that way it would get less attention from the Police as a leg slicer when driving to the track, sort of like the splitter on this monster
Mansory-Carbonado-Aventador-640x426.jpg
gtspirit-mansory-carbonado-0014.jpg

Last edited:
Any updates happening yet, my comments on the side plates would make it more legal for getting around town the new Civic type R have done this too, the raised bit in the middle is this to help get over bumps like the later model lip on our cars
View attachment 111764

Back