• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Splitter Designs

Any updates happening yet, my comments on the side plates would make it more legal for getting around town the new Civic type R have done this too, the raised bit in the middle is this to help get over bumps like the later model lip on our cars
View attachment 111764
If the sides are still lower than the center, the raised center wouldn't really improve the 'getting over bumps' aspect. The raised center of that civic is more than likely a design copying Prototype racecars which have raised center sections to increase and speed up the airflow under the car to improve the efficiency of the diffuser to make more downforce. Without the work under and out back, and the whole system working as one, a raised center hurts performance compared to one without a raised center.

My car has some delays in the wheel-tire-brake fitment and might be involved in the development of new wider fenders (not a widebody). From there it'll go to get the splitter fabricated so it'll be a while unless someone in SoCal with a stock 02+ is willing to drive to BFE and let their car sit for a week.

Billy do you have a build page? I'd really like to follow these mods you are doing.

Billy has MotoIQ working with him regarding projects, if I recall.
You are correct. Most of the updates are in my build thread:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ct-NSX-FX-Motorsports-Development-and-Moto-IQ

Part 5: Intake manifold and headers -will be up on the 28th.

I might be willing to do this but BFE to me means Butt F*ck Egypt. but it could be some super secret skunkworks facility :)
BFE is a real location -near Buttonwillow. Unfortunately we need an 02+ front bumper and side skirts.

BFE is a real location -near Buttonwillow. Unfortunately we need an 02+ front bumper and side skirts.
My entire 02+ front bumper setup is OEM down to the tow hook and gaskets. However, i'm using a JP Aero front lip and I customized my own aluminum front bumper beam... though I have the OEM 02+ lip in storage. As soon as my car stabilizes and I stop tinkering I have a DF replica Type R lower front undertray setup i'm hoping to install.

You're right though.. if you need an actual 02+ car then mine is a 91 with 02+ conversion. Might not work for you...

My entire 02+ front bumper setup is OEM down to the tow hook and gaskets. However, i'm using a JP Aero front lip and I customized my own aluminum front bumper beam... though I have the OEM 02+ lip in storage. As soon as my car stabilizes and I stop tinkering I have a DF replica Type R lower front undertray setup i'm hoping to install.

You're right though.. if you need an actual 02+ car then mine is a 91 with 02+ conversion. Might not work for you...
Oh yea, I forgot. Most of the pics i have of your car are old and pre conversion. Do you have 02 side skrits?

Itd work...

If the sides are still lower than the center, the raised center wouldn't really improve the 'getting over bumps' aspect. The raised center of that civic is more than likely a design copying Prototype racecars which have raised center sections to increase and speed up the airflow under the car to improve the efficiency of the diffuser to make more downforce. Without the work under and out back, and the whole system working as one, a raised center hurts performance compared to one without a raised center.

If you look closer, the "raised center" is nothing more than an illusion. The lip actually extends downward.

since it's winter over your way and you have nothing better to do :) any updates on this?

Making a splitter for the FXMD racecar right now. Then the flared fender/widebody kit then splitter. Not sure about the demand for a splitter optimized for a 2002 front bumper.

you guys may want to pm neoprufrok as he seems to be keen on producing a complete kit,and with his r&d budget might be able to ala cart some things.

Last edited:
I've been in contact with WASP owner since we were chatting about a subtle / modest front diffuser for the 02+ bumper with the JP Aero lip. I'm not looking to hack up the front of the car just to put one on but something that can be quickly bolted on or off if the need arises.

I love the photos of the guys standing on the front diffuser showing it's strength but this is not what I need. Looking for something that will protect my front lip and extend maybe 1.5"-2" max out of the stock bumper dimensions.

I've been in contact with WASP owner since we were chatting about a subtle / modest front diffuser for the 02+ bumper with the JP Aero lip. I'm not looking to hack up the front of the car just to put one on but something that can be quickly bolted on or off if the need arises.

I love the photos of the guys standing on the front diffuser showing it's strength but this is not what I need. Looking for something that will protect my front lip and extend maybe 1.5"-2" max out of the stock bumper dimensions.
Check our our splitter line Rick. We are offering a group buy now(freshly bumped), and I think we can build what you need quickly and without modification to the car....

Back