• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Stolen and on the news

Is this someone on NSX Prime?

Neighbors Say Quiet Noe Valley Being Targeted By Burglars

<script type="text/javascript"> IBSYS.application.Application.registerComponent('IBSYS.media.relatedVid','N2F616C6D16BA',{ jsonEndPoint:'/ec/content-service/json/getContent',skin_swf_url:'/sh/flex3MediaPlayer/skins/ibDefaultSkin.swf',swfUrl:'/sh/flex3MediaPlayer/swf/VideoPlayback.swf',width:'240',height:'225',usage:'story',bg_clr:'#c8d8ef',highlight_color:'#336699',minutes_between_ads:'0.5',wmode:'transparent',video_coid:'23493648' }); </script>

Posted: 10:10 pm PDT May 7, 2010Updated: 11:58 pm PDT May 7, 2010
<!--startindex-->SAN FRANCISCO -- -- San Francisco's Noe Valley is known for being family friendly and has a reputation for being fairly safe, but some residents say that reputation is being tarnished.The sound of their dog barking, the garage door opening and tires squealing alerted Stephen Fox to the presence of burglars one floor below."By the time I had gotten outside they were already up the block," said Fox.Fox then saw his black Acura NSX speeding down 29th Street, so he decided to give chase on his bike. But he discovered his bike and his girlfriend's bike were gone and only their helmets were left behind.Katrina Ferguson said, "I don't feel safe whatsoever. This is the third incident we've had in a year in this building."Ferguson said two nights ago she comforted her neighbors when their bikes were stolen right under their noses.Now this."They seem to be very aggressive these thieves. They came back twice. And it's not even late at night, it's not even during the day when we're at work. They just came here when we were having dinner. That really concerns me," said Ferguson.San Francisco police say there is no serial burglar currently targeting the area.In the past 30 days, the district logged just five burglaries. But police say residents should always be vigilant about safety.Fox said, "I think it was a crime of convenience. The first night went well and they saw a lot of stuff here and said let's go back."Fox is taking new precautions by changing most of the locks in the building and encouraging neighbors to be watchful.One of them said she bought an extra lock for the door and told her husband not to listen to his headphones while walking home from work.Another neighbor, Leslie Quinn pointed out, "It's still the city and you have to be careful but for the most part not a lot happens here. It's for families, It's known as stroller gridlock."Fox and Ferguson say they too considered Noe Valley a haven in the big city but not anymore.Fox is using social networking to distribute images and descriptions of the stolen goods, hoping it might help get them returned to their rightful owners.

Wow! That is pretty brazen. Hope he gets his car back.

That's supposedly a good neighborhood. What are they going to do with a stolen NSX?:confused:

I take it the owner is not on Prime? I haven't seen anything about a stolen NSX. It would be nice to know what parts and such were on it in case they pop up for sale somewhere.

Back