• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX: Supercar for the price of new Accord

Truth is though the article doesn't mean much and IMO isn't going to have any real impact. No accord buyer is suddenly going to forget about a brand new daily driven practical car and say to themselves "oh let me search for a 15 year old 2 seat stick shift NSX instead". The number of people that buy an NSX is tiny compared to the general population and that's how I like it.

I dunno, it might influence some C&D readers. It reminds me of 10 years ago, when I didn't realize that the NSX was within my budget, and purchased a brand new Mustang GT instead. Shortly thereafter, I started looking at NSXs and realized that I could afford my dream car, as early examples weren't much more than the Mustang I had just purchased, and ended up buying my 91 red/blk in August of 2002. Had I read this article I never would have purchased the Mustang and gone straight to the NSX.

"Truth is though the article doesn't mean much and IMO isn't going to have any real impact. No accord buyer is suddenly going to forget about a brand new daily driven practical car and say to themselves "oh let me search for a 15 year old 2 seat stick shift NSX instead". The number of people that buy an NSX is tiny compared to the general population and that's how I like it. "

It will have some impact. The NSX was just one of 10 cars in an older article "10 best rides for $25000". I read the article because it had other cars I was interested in (Supra,...). But that NSX in the article caught my eye, and was the initial spark that led to ownership for me.
I don't think the magazine was trying to say, 'hey, don't buy that Accord, get this NSX'. I think it was just a way to illustrate that you can have a supercar for mid-level prices.

Thanks for sharing. I don't know who these dudes are (and what makes them experts on the subject matter), but they don't start talking about the NSX until 16:16.

Here's the (HD) link to that point, it's a bit of a bore before that: http://youtu.be/gd0wAdaryt4?hd=1&t=16m16s

P.S., It's weird that they used a photo of an early coupe with the fatty five spoke wheels and custom painted roof, rather than a stock black roof. Throws the car off a bit IMO.

Last edited:
I wonder if any of those guys actually saw Pulp Fiction. The guy on the left starts talking of how the Wolf drives away in his (as they all chime in) "Red NSX!" I mean, how can anyone not remember that it was silver?:confused: What a bunch of tools.

Back