• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX: Supercar for the price of new Accord

...... and thanks to this Article our cars are going up .5% in price, Thanks C&D :)

Odd year separation 97-99 and 00-05. Not sure how they came up with that.

yeah his prices where way off.
but like Oscar said it raised the price now a little.

we need a dedicated NSX TV show that will get the heads turning even more than they do now.

can we all say together " I LOVE MY NSX "

For a standard example of each model year, the prices seem fairly accurate to me. Sure, a 2005 can go for a lot more than $58k, but GENERALLY speaking you can find a 2005 for that amount. Some may go for more, some for less. Just like you can find a 1991 for under $25k. However, for a nice example (not pristine, but not junk) $25k sounds about right.

Sure, a 2005 can go for a lot more than $58k, but GENERALLY speaking you can find a 2005 for that amount.
I'd say that $58k for a 2005 is about as low a price as you will pay for a "top condition, average miles" (note asterisk in the article)

Case in point:
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?&listingId=327799324

It is a bit deceptive to place it as their max price though as most people will get a misguided view on what they need to pull out of their wallet for a 2005.

Just picked up two copies, thanks (saw this post while at Barnes and Noble, very convenient)

Got C&D in the mail box Monday and read the article...

Always good to have a reminder of our cars in the eyes of readers who

love cars... How many new people will catch the NSX bug

now... Thanks C&D

I argree the prices are a little on the shy side.

Why don't these people just go on a forum like this and ask guys that know the car before writing an article? Their pricing is way off.

Why don't these people just go on a forum like this and ask guys that know the car before writing an article? Their pricing is way off.

Maybe because there are service that provide prices for cars already.

It may also be because asking people who are not actually selling there car what it is worth would provide a number that is skewed higher than reality.

It may be becuase they didn't wan't to waste the time because the numbers are easily obtained from other reliable sources.

Either way, I'm just happy that Car and Driver decided to do a piece on the NSX.

Maybe because there are service that provide prices for cars already.

It may also be because asking people who are not actually selling there car what it is worth would provide a number that is skewed higher than reality.

It may be becuase they didn't wan't to waste the time because the numbers are easily obtained from other reliable sources.

Either way, I'm just happy that Car and Driver decided to do a piece on the NSX.

Everything you say is true if the car was a Camry. Book values and market values on the NSX have been different things for many years. And the books are all over the place. While it's fine to use a book as a guide, a bit of due diligence before publishing "prices" for a reputable automotive publication would have been good to do.

Those prices seem close to reality. 1997-2001 NA2s here on NSXPrime are going for low-mid 40s. And NA1s are in the range. They may be off a but on 2002-2005s, but it seems to me like many aren't selling for as much as people are asking.

Those prices seem close to reality. 1997-2001 NA2s here on NSXPrime are going for low-mid 40s. And NA1s are in the range. They may be off a but on 2002-2005s, but it seems to me like many aren't selling for as much as people are asking.

They don't even have 2002-2005. Their whole breakdown is goofy. 2000-2005? 97-99? What's up with that?

what does an article like this do? Could it put the nsx in the minds of used exotic sports cars buyers who did'nt think about the nsx? Could it dispell the notion to others that the nsx was "expensive"? Was nsxprime mentioned?

Yeah not too crazy about the title "Econoexotic"...

Nor about "while it's no Ferrari or Lamborghini". I understand they were trying to Talk about maintenance and parts costs but it was worded badly. The NSX is holding its value better than many ferraris of the same generations.

Truth is though the article doesn't mean much and IMO isn't going to have any real impact. No accord buyer is suddenly going to forget about a brand new daily driven practical car and say to themselves "oh let me search for a 15 year old 2 seat stick shift NSX instead". The number of people that buy an NSX is tiny compared to the general population and that's how I like it.

The number of people that buy an NSX is tiny compared to the general population and that's how I like it.

I sure hope so. I just started looking for an NSX and the last thing I need is more people to compete with in my search :smile:

Back