• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx-t Muffler

Nsx-t High Performance Muffler

hey guys & gals :D ,
does any body know where i can get just the MUFFLER (high performance) only for a 98 NSX-T? i'm thinking about doing a custom exhaust for my NSX. any help would be greatly appreciated!

DragonBoy

nsxz.jpg

Last edited:
trying to get it done before SEMA, mannnn..
but what do you mean? buy a stock exhaust from someone? if that's the case, i'll just buy my own stock exhaust hehe!

You didn't word your question clearly. It sounded as though you were looking for a stock exhaust so that you could do some kind of custom modifications.

If you want an aftermarket exhaust, try the usual vendors - Science of Speed, Dali, Comptech, etc. Science of Speed has a wide variety of products and they also have a nice comparison analysis on their website; click here.

To start, here's a thread about using the Magnaflow #11386 muffler
Magnaflow muffler which is a dual in, dual out muffler available in both aluminized steel and stainless steel.
Others such as Brian2by2 are using a Flowmaster muffler that is designed for 80's Camaros. Here's the muffler from Flowmasters site... And you can hear a few short clips of the Flowmaster here

You can also check out Dynomax and other exhaust companies to see what they offer. I hope that helps and gets you started in the right direction. Take care.

Conor

thanks conor, i looked up some of the magnaflow mufflers. i got a few questions for ya. first of all, the tips cost more the muffler. hehe! anyway, the muffler part #11386 is kind of short only 14" & probably loud. which i don't really want. i'm looking for something deep & that's why i'm thinking about this 1 part #12468 it's 18". please let me know what you think?

thank you,
dragonboy

The 18" (#12468) will be more quiet than the 14". I don't think it'll make a world of difference, but I think there will be some. The Magnaflows are known to give a very deep, nice tone but not be obnoxiously loud. I've heard by a few people who switched to a Magnaflow system that it's not nearly as loud as a Taitec or similar system. As for tips, they'll probably run you about as much as the muffler. You might try to find some resonated tips just so that there's no annoying drone inside the cabin (differs from car to car and muffler to muffler; don't think Magnaflows are too bad as far as drone).
I don't know where you looked at parts for, but Just Magnaflow has really good prices ($82 for the 12468 muffler and for example, $35 a piece for tips #35158). Once you get all the parts, I'm sure just about any muffler shop in the Dallas area would be able to piece it together for you. I'm just down I-35 in Waco if you need a hand. Good luck, let me know who it goes, and take care.

Conor

actually, they are all about the same prices. i looked at just magnaflow too. it's a little more because i'm looking at the stainless steel mufffler #14468 & the dual tips #35169 instead of single. the stainless steel just looks nicer i think. i don't know if it's gonna make any difference or not in texas, but it does look a lot cleaner than aluminized one. let me know what you think & please let me know if this setup will work or not?

thank you,
dragonboy

For some, it doesn't make a difference at all. I would personally go with the stainless because it A) looks nicer and B) it will stand up to the elements (not that they're are that many snow storms in Dallas, but you never know ;) But the muffler and tips you're looking at will defintely work fine. Just make sure the shop you take it to uses mandrel bent pipes and you'll have a great sounding exhaust that you didn't spend a fortune on. Take care.

Conor

Hey Guys,

Speaking of Mufflers, I'm going to be upgrading my exhaust as soon as my foot heals and I can get back to home base. I pan to install a set of comptec headers from SOS. I have a friend in Pensacola that owns a garage with a mandril and pipe bender etc. He makes a lot of exhaust for the local racers. Where can I get specs or drawings for best exhaust for my 95 t

Tony F

Back