• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX tax?

First off, I have zero problems working on my car. Given enough time, and the correct tools for the job. However, working 40-60 hours a week and going to night classes for my six sigma and second degree have me on the ragged edge of time constraints. combine that with these shorter days and colder weather... well, you get the point.

I am used to the fact that the majority of dealerships will charge a premium for both parts, and services rendered, and thats fine..

..But I just got off the phone with an Acura dealership service rep and first off, she had to go "check" if any of the techs were certified to work on an NSX (to which I can only assume she walked into the service bay and yelled "who wants to work on an NSX?") and upon returning to the phone, she quoted me, and get this... $ 712 FOR A VALVE ADJUSTMENT. She then went on to explain to me that the price included the gasket and that it was a 7 HOUR JOB. what? WHAT?

It is a shame she literally DOUBLED the should-be cost and hours.. because they have great google reviews online (which I now suspect are fake).

Anyone in the Richmond/ hampton roads area that can recommend a decent place to get the valves adjusted? Id do it myself, but again, time constraints.

Anyone in the Richmond/ hampton roads area that can recommend a decent place to get the valves adjusted? Id do it myself, but again, time constraints.
You might want to ask here, in your regional forum. If you search that forum, you'll find topics which may already answer your question, like this one. :smile:

In Austin the Acura dealer charges $125/hr for labor. Crazy.

I've done the valve adjustment - recently. I spent more than 7 hours on it. One exhaust valve locknut did not want to move and it cost me over an hour. But next time I'd probably spend 4. 7 hours of labor though seems like too much for someone who should know how to do this.

Back