• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX under construction

sorry. nothign so far. i wish there was. i am getting parts of the kit in at a time. i just got in the CF hood, and 2020 autobody is fitting the hood and finishing the alignment on the whole front end to make sure all the fenders, hood, bumper and taitec JGTC headlights all line up. then i should have the CF diffuser and wing by end of this week. then off to paint in 1 week or so... i got a color code, and im just waiting to get a sample of that paint to make sure its the right color....

but ill keep you guys posted... thanks!

Man.. call me suspicious- but your dents sure makes me ponder. Hmmmm........... The dents are all "perfect" spots. The "suspect" was careful not to smash the windows, and slash tires. Sorry, just being frank with you.

Good luck.

well guess you're not the first one to make that comment. i guess it was a BIG mistake posting pre-construction photos of the car. and should have saved the final outcome for posting.

people seem to love to assume the worst about people lately. i guess people just wouldn't understand the fact that i AM paying some GOOD monthly payments on this car and NOT being able to drive it. i haven't been in my car for nearly 2 months now, and the nsx being my primarily source of transportation puts me in a VERY dissabling position. but then agian, you probably wouldn't even consider the circumstances OR the situation that surrounds the events... but thanks for taking a quick, easy, dumbs stab at the situation...

btw, your slueth skills are a bit slow. try bringing up some new issues....

one of the pirelli tires on the Blitz wheels had to be replaced due to slashing... the newer "under construction" photos show the car with stock wheels for now...

Hey Daniel,

Im assuming that when the widebody kit is completed, your Blitz wheels will need to be changed.

Any chance that you want to sell them?

If you are, im interested.

yes, the wheels will be for sale once the car is complete. i will use them for about 2-3 weeks after the car is done from the body shop, and then can sell them when my new VOLK wheels come in... email me at: [email protected] for more info. thanks!

JDMnsxR said:
yes, the wheels will be for sale once the car is complete. i will use them for about 2-3 weeks after the car is done from the body shop, and then can sell them when my new VOLK wheels come in... email me at: [email protected] for more info. thanks!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please, Any thing but GT-C:)...its going to look good...van you tell us what color going to be?
-Aaron

Zanardi 0 said:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please, Any thing but GT-C:)...its going to look good...van you tell us what color going to be?
-Aaron

logo.jpg

haha.. originally it WAS suppose to be GTC's. i am going with the SF challenge pictured above. RAYS in japan has both the 18's and 19's, but mackin here in US only released the 19's, so my good buddies over at mackin will get me the 18's needed to run (18/19). i sold my set about a month ago on prime. i had intended on doing the WW kit, keep it red/black top (ie: like zanardi o's style). and just do the WW spats with gruppe M valance. i had a gruppe M ver 3 exhaust and GTC's ready to go... but due to the vandalism case, i ditched the stuff: sold the GTC's, WW kit, and Gruppe M exhaust... and went widebody....

new mod list includes:
- downforce GTR kit (front bumper, skirts, front fender, rear fender, wing, canards, etc)
- taitec CF rear diffuser
- taitec JGTC headlights (w/raybrig HID fogs)
- taitec headers
- taitec test pipes
- taitec JGTC center exit
- JGTC carbonfiber mirrors
- I impact's CF b-pillar
- Cantrell's (SOS) fuel door (CF)
- volk SF challenge (18x8.0, 19x10.5/11)
- endless (6pot/4pot big brakes - under development)
- tein coilovers
- bride ZETA III w/slider rails
- takata 4 pt harness
- type R steering wheel, shift knob, boot
- SOS frp center dash piece for LCD headunit
- ignited engine starter
- etc

***still on mod list waiting***
- stacks gauge cluster (w/CF bezel)
- and LUSTING for that SOS NA TUNE stage 3 (w/ITB)
:D (chris, i might be going to SEMA: any SOS sponsorship??? :rolleyes: :D ) haha....

as for the color: i am doing the NEW lamborghini murcielago 40th anniversary color. the color is called: verde artimis and is only found on the 50 lambos produced worldwide for this production (16 of which are in the states).... THIS is why the color code is virtually impossible to find or get... even if i were lucky to come across one (i know beverly hills lambo has one), i hear on the VERY limited models, they dont even carry the code labels ON the car, but must be ordered directly through PPG by an authorized lambo repair shop...:(

but through some MAJOR detective work; i got the code and have confirmed with a sample paint that its right... so once the body work is complete in the next 2 weeks, the car should be prepped and ready to paint.... :confused:

but here's samples of the color. the photos do it NO justice. lambo colors have this VERY subtle shift in color (not as obnoxious as chameleon paint) that is very rich and pearl based... (but that comes at a high cost as well).... ie: the lambo yellow shifts from a yellow to this higher citrus lemon yellow, the orange has a shift into a golden/orange color in LIGHT.... and this 40th color has a deep kandy teal blue tone to it, but under the light; it will glow a stunning blue~! (hopefully the photos will show this below)...

mur40th30.jpg

*verde artimis*

mur40th35.jpg

*notice how BLUE it is in this photo*

mur40th28.jpg

*and how teal it is in this photo*

a few more photos that SHOW the shift sort of:

photo_1.jpg

photo_8.jpg

photo_7.jpg

the paint job will be around 9200-9500... :(
but hopefully the results will be worth it...:D

JDMnsxR said:
----------------------------------------------------------
Wow!!!!! more than my front end coversion!!!!:eek:

JDMnsxR said:

Will everything that was red be painted? Even the front compartment and the engine bay?

i may end up painting the engine compartment black. i will be showing this nsx a lot, and plan to spruce up the engine bay with a lot of polished goodies, and also eventually wanting to do the ITB (individual throttle bodies) and want to have those polished intakes BLINGing on contrast to the black engine bay. but yes, the rest of it, where it was red, will be painted to the new color (trunk, door jams, under hood, etc...

1TITENSX said:
Is it almost done?

The works being done at 20/20? He's got another year of work ahead of him.

:rolleyes:

<--- bad exprience with Joe at 20/20

yeh i know who joe is.... :mad: not the best guy to deal with. he's no longer around at 2o2o. the new general manager, david, is so much easier, and nicer to deal with... and you're right, about another year sounds just about right. haHAHAHAha.... jk... it should be done in about a month or so... sigh :( i miss my car

If you are spending about $10,000 on a paint job, they should be painting EVERYTHING including the engine compartment.

Back