• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX vertical doors for sale

Don't know about you guys but I like my NSX because its an NSX and not a:

Lamboracura

NSXlago
NSXblo
CouNSXtach

Just my opinion.

blknsxnoc said:
Don't know about you guys but I like my NSX because its an NSX and not a:

Lamboracura

NSXlago
NSXblo
CouNSXtach

Just my opinion.

Just because the doors lift up vertically doesn't mean anything.. Plenty of non-Lambo cars that doors go up.. Koenigsegg, Enzo are two non-Lambo examples.. A Gallardo is a Lambo with no vertical doors. Everything is a question of taste..

If you don't like the vertical doors, then don't have them installed..

No offense dude..

no offense taken spiderman but please re-read the following words in my statement.

"I like" and especially "Just my opinion."

I specifically chose those words to prevent comments like yours.

I am one to recognize that since I made my statement, you are entitled to yours as well.

To each his own.

I always thought the conversion kit was something like $39.95.
$1895!!!! You are supposed to get a few brackets, 2 gas struts, and a few fasteners. :confused:
Steve

whiteNSXs said:
$1895!!!! You are supposed to get a few brackets, 2 gas struts, and a few fasteners. :confused:
Steve

Ahhhhh....... the economics of NSX parts. The insides of the struts are lined with gold, sheesh didn't you know that? Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there:)

As I have stated in previous topics, I would be very concerned about these doors. In particular, my concerns center on how they would hold up in a crash, on whether they would keep the same tight seal for the passenger compartment that we all enjoy from the stock doors, and on whether they would involve extra stress on body components that were not designed to be stressed in those particular directions. I have yet to hear an analysis addressing these issues from a qualified structural engineer.

You can make something that looks cool, but might not maintain the same structural integrity as the stock car. This could be dangerous as well as impractical.

Very nice, but i probably won't even touch it. General public already have problem identified "NSX" if I were to get vertical door, I may hear old model Lamborghini.

whiteNSXs said:
Steve

$39.95 is the cost of the parts - the remaining $1855.05 is profit and the cost of liability insurance for the company that makes these beauties.

This is the goofiest mod yet - I can't imagine what could top this!!!

tucsonsx said:

This is the goofiest mod yet - I can't imagine what could top this!!!

I can think of several things that could make this attractive to potential buyers:

1) Less horizontal clearance needed to open the doors, thus getting in and out of the car in tight garages or parking lots is easier.

2) Certainly unique and depending on personal taste you may prefer the look of scissor doors to conventional.

As for structural integrity, until someone has a chance to examine the actual parts.... it is impossible to say. Chances are that it would not change significantly as compared to stock if engineered properly. If the designers did a slap-dash job and put together a a quickie solution, then structural integrity will probably take a hit.

Sig said:
Chances are that it would not change significantly as compared to stock if engineered properly.
That "if" is a huge assumption. And probably not a valid one.

nsxtasy said:
That "if" is a huge assumption. And probably not a valid one.

Hence the sentence in my post which followed the one you are referring to and you should not assume that my use of the word 'if' means that I was assuming:)

spyderman33 said:
There is a company stating that they have it and are selling it for $1,895...

They have it on an NSX on their website..

They state no such thing. What they state is:

Coming Soon - Contact Us for more information

A lot of companies have promised "Lambo Doors" for the NSX but few have produced. Those that are available cost good $$$. Right now your best bet on getting Lambo Doors on an NSX is to buy an HSC when it gets released.

.........................:confused:

Whenever that may be.

That car looks like it belongs to a member on here that posted a while back when he first started getting those doors custom-made for himself. I recognize the little "inlets" on the headlight covers, and just to be sure... if the rear valence is a 02+ valence that's been completely painted yellow (instead of leaving the mesh area under the license plate black) then i am certain it's his car.

-edit-
I actually don't mind the idea of scissor doors like that, but i don't like the aftermarket kits you see on the imports you see at the shows because for one, the car isn't designed properly so that the doors can open straight up. Most of the ones i've seen, the door opens outwards about half way (enough room to squeeze yourself in), then they go up... just for looks.

dkny_boi said:
That car looks like it belongs to a member on here that posted a while back when he first started getting those doors custom-made for himself. I recognize the little "inlets" on the headlight covers, and just to be sure... if the rear valence is a 02+ valence that's been completely painted yellow (instead of leaving the mesh area under the license plate black) then i am certain it's his car.

Yes it is.
dkny_boi said:

-edit-
I actually don't mind the idea of scissor doors like that, but i don't like the aftermarket kits you see on the imports you see at the shows because for one, the car isn't designed properly so that the doors can open straight up. Most of the ones i've seen, the door opens outwards about half way (enough room to squeeze yourself in), then they go up... just for looks.

Exactly.

Re: Re: NSX vertical doors for sale

Juice said:
They state no such thing. What they state is:

Coming Soon - Contact Us for more information

A lot of companies have promised "Lambo Doors" for the NSX but few have produced. Those that are available cost good $$$. Right now your best bet on getting Lambo Doors on an NSX is to buy an HSC when it gets released.

.........................:confused:

Whenever that may be.

Follow this link and it clearly states the price.. Scroll to about half way down...

http://www.carexcess.com/decah.html

It says on the site that they seal just like stock. Sounds too good to be true as a "bolt on" upgrade. For $1895, if they give you what you need, and its 'bolt-on', I'd do it...only because my car is going to be a show car anyways.

Side note: anyone see the F-150 truck kit?!? You can't even get out of that without crawling through a mouse hole! :rolleyes:

Every lambo door conversion that I have seen looks so awkward and fragile during operation. In their demos, they are trying to show how easy it is to open/shut the door, but all I see is how lumbering and inept this mod makes your door operation. Doesn't look natural in operation.

Check this out, although this company called Import Precision doesn't make lambo doors for the NSX, their version opens all the way open like OEM or in a vertical fashion. They claim that they are the only company that makes lambo doors in this style.

Check out this demo link.

Back