• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX vs 300C

CanadaCraig said:
Neither can I. But in MY little race - public safely was NOT an issue. If it was - I would NOT have raced the 300C.

Craig!! :)

Actually, whenever one street races, public safety is an issue. It is the mistaken assumption that all is OK that gets people in trouble/injured/killed. It is NEVER safe to race on a public street no matter how empty or safe it APPEARS to be.

SCS2k said:
Actually, whenever one street races, public safety is an issue. It is the mistaken assumption that all is OK that gets people in trouble/injured/killed. It is NEVER safe to race on a public street no matter how empty or safe it APPEARS to be.
I appreciate what you're saying - but there is nothing wrong with my eyesight. So unless someone has invented an invisible car - one that I could NOT see - than where I raced WAS quite safe.

Craig

NsxToBe said:
I was always thinking it was comparing a NSX to a 300c.

Great story btw.

Does the 300C come in standard? Since you had upshifted to 2nd, do you think you actually caught HIM by surprise?
Hi NsxToBe!! :)

The 300C only comes with an automatic. We were both going about 60 km/h when the race started. I'm not sure - at that speed - how far down the 300C's transmission would go. Maybe into 1st gear - but maybe only down to 2nd. I didn't catch him by surprise. He started accelerating before I did. I love the 300C and I'm sure that one day I'll own one.

Nice....60 km/hr (37 MPH) is pretty fast in my neck of the woods :rolleyes: . What speed did you finally end up at 100 km/hr (62 MPH)? :biggrin:

Danny RED SR 71
REPEAL V.C. 22351

dyee said:
Nice....60 km/hr (37 MPH) is pretty fast in my neck of the woods :rolleyes: . What speed did you finally end up at 100 km/hr (62 MPH)? :biggrin:

Danny RED SR 71
REPEAL V.C. 22351

I do believe he said he down shifted in 2nd and took off from there. VTEC engaged and he probably went to redline. Now if I read this write that would indicate about 80mph. So it would be fairly safe to say that he was going faster than ANY posted speed limit.
Might want to read his post clearly before making statements like that.

SCS2k said:

Thank you.

I do believe he said he down shifted in 2nd and took off from there. VTEC engaged and he probably went to redline. Now if I read this write that would indicate about 80mph. So it would be fairly safe to say that he was going faster than ANY posted speed limit.

Did you read his post???? He indicated his speed in km/hr and not MPH. Where did he say he went to the redline in second gear? I made no assumptions that he went to the redline as you did.Besides, right is spelled R-I-G-H-T, not W-R-I-T-E, DAN QUAYLE. :rolleyes: Auburn in the Pat Dye era didn't have a high graduation rate. I see you fell into that category, you F****** PR***.

Last edited:
dyee said:

Did you read his post???? He indicated his speed in km/hr and not MPH. Where did he say he went to the redline in second gear? I made no assumptions that he went to the redline as you did.Besides, right is spelled R-I-G-H-T, not W-R-I-T-E, DAN QUAYLE. :rolleyes: Auburn in the Pat Dye era didn't have a high graduation rate. I see you fell into that category, you F****** PR***.

You are correct. I used 'write' instead of 'right'. Duly noted.:redface:
However, I don't have to resort to childish, name calling to get my point across. Guess you didn't go to school at all if you have to do that. Real mature.
How do you know when I went to school anyway??
He did state that he was going 60km in 3rd gear and down shifted to 2nd. Either way he was doing ~50MPH when he downshifted. If he is accelerating hard after VTEC engaged @ 5800 rpm and stayed in it for 3 secs, as he stated, it is almost a certainty that he was either at redline or very close to it. That would equate to 80mph or whatever the KMH is.:confused:

60 km/hr conversion...... 1.609 km for every mile. That means 60/1.609 which equals 37 MPH not 50 MPH. If you think it's 80 MPH then that equates to 129 km/hr which isn't even close to the speed I inquired about. Get the facts straight before you pop off. Not only did you fail English 101 but Arithmetic 101. Read carefully before saying something RUDE. If you pointed it out that I may be mistaken, I have no problem with that. When you come across as a know-it-all, it gets people pissed. I'm not the only one.

CanadaCraig said:
Hi Guys!! :)

It was a beautiful Sunny Sunday afternoon. I was driving my NSX with its brand new windshield [but wrong window molding!! Grr...] back from Sooke. [a small town west of Victoria, B.C.] In front of me was a silver Chrysler 300C. For most of the trip - it was a single lane, winding road. The lead car was driving rather slowly so the rest of us were bunched up behind. It's a bit frustrating when that happens because there is no way to pass anyone. The guy in the 300C was anxious to get going and so was I. We eventually made it to the part of the highway that has two lanes. The 300C immediately got into the left hand lane [the passing lane] and so did I. He sped up and [once having gone by all the slow pokes] moved over to the slow lane. I knew he was waiting for me to get beside him so he could [so I imagined] humiliate me in my little Japanese sports car. I decide to down shift into second gear [I was going about 60 km/h at the time] so I'd be ready just in case my suspicions were right. They were. The moment I get beside him - he gunned it. I could see the 300C squat downward and leap forward. I gunned it too. [of course!!] The 300C moved ahead of me for a second or two until the NSX engine entered into the oh-so-wonderful performance side of the VTEC. Within 3 seconds I was ahead of him and never looked back. He tried to keep up but I was literally humiliating HIM. [I was WAY ahead of him by the time I stopped accelerating] To be honest - I was quite surprised by just HOW much faster the NSX was. [especially considering the fact that I've had HEMI fever for a couple of years now - and still do - to be honest] The NSX performed beautifully. And I just happened to shift beautifully. [which doesn't always happen - I'll admit]

It was just one of those re-affirming moments that I thought I'd share with you. It's easy to forget just how impressive the NSX really is. Now chances are - if we started the race from a stop - the 300C would have been ahead of me for a bit longer. [210 lb-ft of torque can't beat 390 lb-ft - at least not from a dead stop] Still... the 300C does have an extra 1200 lbs of mass to deal with. HE didn't chance it though. He avoided being next to me from then on. [always staying in the slow lane!! hehe]

Silly? Yeah yeah. I know. But the road was dry and there were no cars in sight. [going either way - once we left all the slow pokes behind]

AND IF any of you are police officers... it was ALL A DREAM!! :tongue:

If it was a 300 srt8 you would have got spanked

Back