• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx vs cadilac cts???

Man, lose with dignity. Some advice:

1) The NSX is a well balanced sports car. It is made for the track (the kind with curves). Take it there if you want to 'win' against a Caddilac.

2) Don't race CTS-V's you will lose again and again.

3) Your car has no ego. It is metal, leather, plastic, and rubber.

4) Any 'kid' these days can buy an NSX. You are not a king because you drive a pretty car. Lots of people can buy an NSX (or Ferrari, Lamborghini, or any other king-mobile).

5) If your girlfriend is dating you because you drive a nice car...and gives you crap for losing to a Caddy...find another gf.

I hate car drama.

Wow guys, I didnt think about licking my wounds,, I would never race my NSX, she is a project in the works,, she will be where i want her to be soon,,, but she is only stock right now,, and as to drag racing my buddy just wanted to do a little tease,, after he pulled away after i hit second i didnt keep it floored,, i ,,Stopped,, He beat me fair and square but for the amount of HP he had and that we were exactly neck and neck till i hit second,, I think my NSX did just fine,,, hurt her ego a little but she will get an extra car wash this week to make up for it,, and I didnt go out looking to race people,,, there are NO NSX's in tampa,, so I dont need to drive my NSX fast it stops people in their tracks when i drive by,, its like Im the KING ya know,,, you really cant tell that the CTS from any other CTS on the road so it just looks like another sheep that purchased a caddy,, I got my NSX for its beauty not so much the 0-60 times,, ya know,, I wash her everyday, but I am going to get her up to 350hp and thats it,, mybe do the 3.8L upgrade from SOS,,with the other mods SOS has,, will be fine for me,,, But I will not race her again so dont worry,,

I mean this with all due respect, but your message is awfully hard to understand. I've seen better text messages. :smile:

Is this post is for real?

You drive an NSX - he drives a CTS. Your car is sooo much cooler, who cares if the big lumbering Caddy is a bit quicker? Doooode - get over it - the owner of the Caddy is jealous of your ride regardless.:biggrin:

+1 to Bfrank's post! Another good post - where you been? This is one of those threads no one really understands. :rolleyes:

This is why many choose not to post here.... anymore.......

That statement has a double meaning. It could mean that no one posts here anymore because of the forum nazis, or it could mean the older more mature crowd is not pleased with the newer members ( forum nazism again )

Who said, you can't drag race a nsx? The car has good weight distribution for good take off and it is certainly not slow, hell its one of the fastest 270-290hp stock cars in the world.

Last edited:
This is a strong contender for worst Prime post of the year. Everything about it sucks majorly... the grammar, the content, everything.

Actually, Im going to be 34 in november,,your right I know better,, but sometimes I have that "wanna do a keg stand " urge,, and my girl doesnt weigh 200 she's a little ol 120lbs,, guys come on, your really hittin below the belt here,, my wounds are not healed yet!! and as for the grammar, I have veiwed much much worse on here,,!!

Last edited:
Why dont you just solve your problem and get BOTH

lol... I personally love these cars together!!!!

here is a pic of my two cars, and my bike at a local car show...

DSC02573.jpg

This is a strong contender for worst Prime post of the year. Everything about it sucks majorly... the grammar, the content, everything.

Liquid, man I couldn't agree more. As to the "nazi" comments - I don't get it. It seems that the silly and superfluous gets on thread all the time here. There is no thread nazi - just guys with a dose of common sense :rolleyes:

Man, lose with dignity. Some advice:

1) The NSX is a well balanced sports car. It is made for the track (the kind with curves). Take it there if you want to 'win' against a Caddilac.

2) Don't race CTS-V's you will lose again and again.

3) Your car has no ego. It is metal, leather, plastic, and rubber.

4) Any 'kid' these days can buy an NSX. You are not a king because you drive a pretty car. Lots of people can buy an NSX (or Ferrari, Lamborghini, or any other king-mobile).

5) If your girlfriend is dating you because you drive a nice car...and gives you crap for losing to a Caddy...find another gf.

I hate car drama.

+1 :biggrin:

Liquid, man I couldn't agree more. As to the "nazi" comments - I don't get it. It seems that the silly and superfluous gets on thread all the time here. There is no thread nazi - just guys with a dose of common sense :rolleyes:

Well this thread is not as bad as the previous thread on here when everyone was set out to lynch the guy who started a thread about racing on the streets. I understand your believes and i feel that this is a public forum and everyone has their opinion but don't go out to kill the guy now. I personally wouldn't race on the streets because I already think that our cars are too fast for the streets and I don't want to lose my license. But before you joined, it was so bad that no body spoke of it even if they did do it on the down low.

I guess i'm one of those more laid back guys who don't force my views or opinions on anybody but myself.

Hey Shawn, I'm in st pete. Do you go to any monthly or weekly car meets? I've been meaning to find where to go with my NSX. It would be nice to see another NSX besides mine. Oh and I'll be 34 in march.

You lose half your man points for losing to a Cadillac (yeah yeah I dont care if it was CTS-V) and you lose the other half of your man points for losing with your girl in the car.

You are now officially a woman.
Minus another half for your grammar and yet another for your logic:

P: No stated difficulties getting into second gear.
P: NSX slow in second gear.
C: Bad second gear.

as i shifted to second its like i had no more power,, he then smoked me,, I think maybe my second gear is going

You are now officially Nancy Pelosi.

6spd or not, you dragged a NSX? Why? This thread is full of fail.

Word.

I mean this with all due respect, but your message is awfully hard to understand. I've seen better text messages. :smile:

I don't know if it would be better if we put a 160-character limit on shawn110975's posts, but it would be less painful.

Seconded. All in favor say "aye.".

Last edited:
Isn't everybody? I've got ramen noodles in my cupboard older than you....

hmmm sounds delicious. In all honesty, I bet you they are still edible. Preservatives FTW.

Last edited:
I'm with the "...why?" posts.

Here are the potential outcomes of dragging with an NSX:

1) You lose to some twat in a ricemobile with a fartcan exhaust and a neon-lit undercarriage. You become a total tool in front of everyone, and he remains a twat for driving the ricemobile. It's a lose-lose situation.

2) You tie the ricemobile. This is so depressing I don't even want to describe what's wrong with it.

3) You win over some twat in a ricemobile. You also become a total tool, because only a tool would care about beating a ricemobile, and again he remains a twat. Lose-lose again.

4) You win, lose, or draw with a similar car, perhaps even another NSX. All you're generally proving is that one of you has had more time or money to spend on upgrades, or that one of you has been practicing a lot without the cops managing to take your car, which is the sort of thing that only impresses teenage boys.

5) You lose to some twat in a beefy testosteronemobile. You become a tool for ever thinking your wonderful car was an eternally-superior extension for your penis, and for thinking it's not wonderful anymore because your penis actually got smaller when you lost. And the other guy remains a twat.

6) You tie the testosteronemobile. You have successfully compared apples and oranges. Or tools and twats, maybe.

7) You win over some twat in a beefy testosteronemobile. At this point, you are in the same role as the twat you raced in item (1). Congratulations.

If you have an NSX, you've already won. You have an NSX. It's a wonderful, beautiful, gutsy car that unexpectedly raised the bar in the supercar world 20 years ago. Nothing anyone can do when pulling away from a green light should ever come close to mattering, next to that.

Last edited:
I'm with the "...why?" posts.

Here are the potential outcomes of dragging with an NSX:

1) You lose to some twat in a ricemobile with a fartcan exhaust and a neon-lit undercarriage. You become a total tool in front of everyone, and he remains a twat for driving the ricemobile. It's a lose-lose situation.

2) You tie the ricemobile. This is so depressing I don't even want to describe what's wrong with it.

3) You win over some twat in a ricemobile. You also become a total tool, because only a tool would care about beating a ricemobile, and again he remains a twat. Lose-lose again.

4) You win, lose, or draw with a similar car, perhaps even another NSX. All you're generally proving is that one of you has had more time or money to spend on upgrades, or that one of you has been practicing a lot without the cops managing to take your car, which is the sort of thing that only impresses teenage boys.

5) You lose to some twat in a beefy testosteronemobile. You become a tool for ever thinking your wonderful car was an eternally-superior extension for your penis, and for thinking it's not wonderful anymore because your penis actually got smaller when you lost. And the other guy remains a twat.

6) You tie the testosteronemobile. You have successfully compared apples and oranges. Or tools and twats, maybe.

7) You win over some twat in a beefy testosteronemobile. At this point, you are in the same role as the twat you raced in item (1). Congratulations.

If you have an NSX, you've already won. You have an NSX. It's a wonderful, beautiful, gutsy car that unexpectedly raised the bar in the supercar world 20 years ago. Nothing anyone can do when pulling away from a green light should ever come close to mattering, next to that.

wow somebody here is speaking overly highly of owning a NSX. I wouldn't put my car that far above other cars esp if they are comparable cars. What makes you think that if you can out drive the guy next to you automatically makes you a illegal street racer? Ever heard of a drag strip? So if I line up with your car at the track and I beat your down the strip what does that make me? We both are twats? Please spare me.

Trust me I love my car, the only car that I would replace it with is another NSX, but I don't act snobby like my crap don't stink. ( even though it doesn't in real life.... I swear :smiley: )

Last edited:
Back