• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX vs. Evora in Evo magazine

Keep your eyes out for issue 145 of Evo magazine. They have an article comparing the 20 year old NSX against the Lotus Evora.

Hope they put modern (or the same as the Evora's) rubber on the NSX.
I aint skared !

I've had an order in and deposit for the Esprit replacement for years now so when the Evora came out ahead of the Esprit, which was bass ackward, they called me to see if an Evora would do.
Got to see it in a sneak preview about a year ago.

Not.

Last edited:
They didn't want to make the brand new Evora look bad so they had to give the NSX as big of a handicap as possible. They might as well throw the 15/16's in a automatic 95 T top to make it perform at its absolute worse.

they did say there were comparing cars that were 20 years appart. its only fair that they use an nsx from literally 20 years ago, stock and everything

Can anyone post a pic of the cover? I've been looking for this and cant find it.

Can anyone post a pic of the cover? I've been looking for this and cant find it.

car_photo_373852_12.jpg

Also found this lurking over in off topic (thanks cmhs75) Evora vs NXS gallery

Last edited:
For a car that doesn't really get that much respect from the rest of the supercar and high end sports car crowd, a lot of people still seem to feel compelled to compare themselves to an NSX. You don't see many tests "Evora vs Ferrari 348" or "Evora vs Corvette" or "Evora vs Porsche". Once again it only proves that the NSX was so far ahead of it's time. Shame is that when they do better (and after over twenty years they should be ashamed if they can't) they seem to feel all good about themselves. I don't know how this article turns out, but I wish people would just give the NSX the respect it deserves and let it rest. Kind of like top gun in the old west, sooner or later there will be someone faster, but if he survived to old age, he just dreads having to prove himself over and over to some young upstart trying to make a name for himself. Flattering but tiring.

I think I am going to make a trip to Borders today and pick this up if they have it.

I just came from barnes and nobles today and they already have the june issue. This issue with the evora vs nsx was the may issue. Would anyone like to share?

can someone scan the article onto Prime, I am overseas and don't get the magizine, won't be home until 1st of july

They use an early 3.0. Not sure whey they don't use an 02+ Coupe

They never do. For some reason reason it can only be a 91-94. Heaven forbid they use one of the later models:mad:

I am sure in real life the thing is junk, the NSX would stomp it. maybe not in speed but when that rabbit thinks hes got a good lead, the turtle walks by him. not saying teh NSX is a turtle but in real life situations ya know

I am sure in real life the thing is junk, the NSX would stomp it. maybe not in speed but when that rabbit thinks hes got a good lead, the turtle walks by him. not saying teh NSX is a turtle but in real life situations ya know

Actually, I'm sure it's not junk. The Evora looks good, it's mid-engine, and (on paper) it is VERY similarly spec'd to the 3.0 NSX. However, it does have something that the NSX doesn't.....2+2. There have been times that I wished I also had a SportsGT, like a Carrera 4S, because I have 3 children. There have been times that I was out enjoying the NSX and had to return early enough to change vehicles to go and get my older two children from school, cutting short my joy riding. If I had a 2+2, I could have been out driving the entire time.

So looking at the numbers, I'm sure the Evora is not "junk"....

<table border="1"><tbody><tr><td>Acura NSX 3.0</td><td>Lotus Evora</td></tr><tr><td>
4608518345_bd2aef2daf.jpg
</td><td>
4667064960_fb081fe512.jpg
</td></tr><tr><td>Displacement: 2997cc
HP: 270
TQ: 210lb/ft3
Curb Weight: 3010lbs
Drag Coefficient: 0.32

Wheelbase: 99.6"
Length: 174.2"
Height: 46.1"</td><td>Displacement: 3456cc
HP: 276
TQ: 252lb/ft3
Curb Weight: 2976lbs
Drag Coefficient: 0.33

Wheelbase: 101"
Width: 171"
Height: 48.1"</td></tr></tbody></table>

Wow the numbers speak volumes, pretty darn close. I am not one to eat my words but It seems on Prime I often have.

but to compare a 20 year old car with a Brand new car is dumb I think. compare it to something built the same year, I bet its low on the totem pole. but to base your modern car off a 20 year old car, tells you something there, that Honda had it right the first time. if and when they come out with this new NSX replacement I am sure it gonna make land marks again, and in 20 years there will compare it to something new,

Cuz no-one engineers a car as good as Honda Motor Company period.

EVO is a Brit Magazine. Lotus is British car.

I already know which car they picked as the winner.

NSX is quite ahead of its time. Couple years ago, there was an article comparing the Audi R8 to the NSX. That is quite a compliment to the NSX considering magazines are using a car almost 20 yrs old as a baseline.

Imagine where the NSX would be today is Honda continue to develop it.

No balls, no glory. Yes, I'm still pissed at Honda.

Funny that you guys say ahead of its time, I was talking to the wife, and she just bought a Mazda 3(funny story with the insurance, but thats another thread) and she went to start my Legend. She was mad to see that the 92 Acura Legend had the same luxuries as her 2010 Mazda...ugh minus MP3 player. LoL Anyway can't wait to read the article.

Was getting insurance on my 08 TL-TypeS and the NSX will be on the same policy, the insurance on the NSX is WAAAYYYY less than the TL. I asked why, they told me that the parts for the TL are more expensive than the NSX. I Didnt say anything but is does Geico employ morons?

have you ever had to buy a part for an NSX? LOL its like going to the bank and taking out your savings to get a windsheild wiper blade.!

NUKEM minus the MP3 player?? your Legend has a cd-changer right, it plays MP3's if you burn them to a CD LOL.

but it is funny about the same options, there isnt much left to put in new cars I mean bluetooth cruise, navi, heated seats, power windows etc. I dont think we need active radar like the new Mercedes have. its pointless and the people that drive that expensive Mercedes dont even know how to Log-in to their e-mail let alone use the RADAR in their car. LOL.

I am actually waiting for them to come out with the ORGASMATRON in the cars then thats worth it I think.

wonder if the new mercedes Sales department would allow a new customer to swap the Active radar for the ORGASMATRON.

I'm exhausted.

Back