• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Wanted

Hello,

Posted a similar query on oz honda yesterday and ludecrs sent me this way.

Had a S2000 some years ago and always wanted to get a NSX - was distracted by motorbikes but have come full circle to wanting a NSX again.

Does anyone have any contacts with a NSX for sale - slim pickings with only x3 available on carsales at the moment. Happy to travel, inspired after reading on prime about people buying interstate and taking a leisurely dive down the coast. To make the search even more challenging I would like a manual.

Cheers,
Simon.

Hello,

Posted a similar query on oz honda yesterday and ludecrs sent me this way.

Had a S2000 some years ago and always wanted to get a NSX - was distracted by motorbikes but have come full circle to wanting a NSX again.

Does anyone have any contacts with a NSX for sale - slim pickings with only x3 available on carsales at the moment. Happy to travel, inspired after reading on prime about people buying interstate and taking a leisurely dive down the coast. To make the search even more challenging I would like a manual.

Cheers,
Simon.

Not sure of the condition of the red auto on carsales? amazingly cheap price . An option is to buy that and let me convert it to manual for you ??

Yes the more people that converts their NSX to 6 spd the more 5 spd boxes there will be for me to pick up on the second hand market! ;-)
I agree with you Mike.
You guys should buy the six speed box and sell your 5 speeds to mike and me.
You would be looking at $$7500 to $8000 Delivered to Australia including shipping and taxes.
Not bad for a weaker gearbox.

I have a spare auto box as well. Sitting in storage now the NSX is sold so I have no use for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure of the condition of the red auto on carsales? amazingly cheap price . An option is to buy that and let me convert it to manual for you ??

The guy who bought mine checked it out prior. Wasn't happy with something (I forget what it was). Flew up to Brisbane 3 days later and bought mine instead.

New one listed for sale today.

I suspect its pricetag will be outside of most peoples consideration.

Only 7 cars apart from my old brooklands green one on the production line tho!

I'm also looking for an NSX, and the red one is an option but I'd love to know why the other buyer pulled out and purchased a different one.

I've also for a carfacts report for it, it's clear. And I'm happy to send it to anyone interested.

So I ended up purchasing the car, after a very thorough inspection at Brighton Honda in VIC. Some usual things need work like the A/C unit, but alot of the car seemed quite good. it has had some repair work done, the LHS front fender was replaced and the right rear has been replaced, however according to the tech that worked on the car it was a good repair and the body is in good shape. The only giveaway was the overspray on the fuel tank.
Good enough for me :)

^^ Observing the pictures alone you can see its had a rear end respray.
The number plate surround is painted slightly different, and the engine bay pic shows the bolts having been rung off.

If the mech couldn't see that from just looking at it, I'm not sure I'd trust taking any car back there again, imo.

I drove this car on Saturday and to be honest it was pretty good for the price you paid, i have seen alot of pigs out there for 40k... good luck with it you done well.

The repair work was obvious to me even before I took the car for inspection, I only wanted them to check if it was a cut and shut job, and check some other little mechanical things.
I should rephrase. The overspray was the only sign of repair work visible when it was on a lift.

I stand by Brighton Honda and their service, overall really impressed. It's just a shame they're 873km from home.

Back